Sacred 2 Smile for me!

I have been seeing this with a few pictures of seraphim in close-up and I came to the conclusion that I see different faces sometimes, expressions maybe... take a look at these two pictures, and take a very very close look at the seraphim's face, the mouth and the eyes. Further can I add that this may be also because hair is also moving in Sacred 2.

Well, take a look:

serar2-1.jpg

and:

sera1-1.jpg

Anyone can confirm this? If this is even true..

Sylph

EDIT:

Since I noticed the pictures are rather small if you want a better look > You can look at the pictures with a better view at gamespot's picture base of Sacred 2, there you need to look for picture 49/50 and possible others aswell.

Cool observation, Syph. Animated facial expressions on Sacred 2 toons...kinda like in some other video game I've seen. Hmmm...well, if there are good video cutaways to where the toons talk...then I'd think that this would definitely be in there as the technology seems to be current. Having facial expressions in an action game though...I don't even know if it's been done before. If they did it, this would be very cool, seeing our toons change expressions from one kind of action to the next!

:devil:

gogo

Is this a case of Mona Lisa Smile? Nope. A seraphim Phim Smile. Many artists add subtleties to their artworks that are so small that viewers will never likely see these subtleties. They will however "feel" the subtleties which is what I think is happening with you Sylph. Very sharp eyes you have. :devil:

In this case though I think it isn't so much an intended touch of creativity but rather a matter of image quality. The two images have differing image qualities which means there is a chance that they were saved using different image editing softwares as well as different machines. Ultimately I think what we're seeing here is a distortion of the mouth via image compression.

sera1face-1.jpg

serar2face-1.jpg

compare.jpg

Pretty darn close but not identical. :lol:

At gamespot I noticed that they have a lot of "double" pictures in their gallery. Is it done because of that? (that they needed more compression versions).

I guess you're right, there hardly is any noteable difference.

Sylph

EDIT

(I didn't want to double post for this so)

I cought a seraphim with closed eyes here:

Icankillclosedeyes.jpg

Schot.. now what?

There's still time for Ascaron to give em facial expressions as a surprise gift to the community just before launch! Counting on technology here to bring in facials for an action game

Woot!

:devil:

gogo

now I have seen her cheer or scream or whatever that may be :thumbsup: I do believe they might implement more of this

seeing just those 2 first pictures I was more like.. :(

I didn't see anything different.. at all... but I'm wearing glasses.. so that'll be it :)

And a new idea was born, thank you schot!

@Dred

in he first you can see them better at the gamespot pictures, and watching them back and forth you can see the eyes move and the mouth change... well, that's what I noticed.

Sylph