My Friday bowl of Spice!

This is something I adore...It's incredibly fast and sooo filling I often eat half of it hot and the rest cold later on LOL. Firstly I despise tinned soup or chilled soup in a carton but this one I discovered when I was feeling full of cold. And it's wonderful meaty (real chicken) and spicey....even more so when I have finsihed with it!

Ingredients.

I carton chilled Waitrose Thai green chicken soup

I packet of ready to wok Thai noodles

extra green Thai curry paste to taste (I use tons of it)

left over chicken optional extra

heat up soup and add extra curry paste and left over chicke to taste.

Ding the noodles and add to soup.

If you have no noodles you can use any rice thats cooked to add to this soup and it turns from a lovely soup to a wonderful filling hot meal in a bowl.

FridaySpice-1.jpg

wow

Someone sure knows how to make food look good :dance:

Claire, all you have to say is the word Thai and I'm drooling. I've seen those thai curry tins in the store, but never really thought of buying one. But the way you have it going here is great reason to go out and indulge. I don't' remember the price on the tins...is it kinda pricey for something like this?

Also, would this work well with seafood?

:lol:

gogo

p.s. of all the different thai colors, green is my favorite...Claire howja know! :D

I don't think it's too pricey for the taste...I've seen a lot of these chilled soups but they always made me feel a bit ugh just looking at them but this one really is the bee's knees. iirc it's around 1.49£ ish so worth it to me even on it's own it's a substantial soup ...lol...I'm just greedy :dance:

I have no idea about the seafood but I can't see why it wouldn't be just as good with a few prawns n stuff chucked in there :D

After seeing your pic and idea here I googled to see whether this have shrimp added to it.

oooh yeah...sold

thai_garden_noodles_with_scallops_and_shrimp_in_green_curry__2222222.jpg

I'll be runnin out the door later this aft to buy me a tin too!

Woot!

:D

gogo

p.s. Yer a genius Claire :lol: I can NEVER get enuff of that amazing sweet, spicy taste...coconut milk, lemon grass, anais, cillantro...all kinds of wonderments... k, can't talk about it no more :dance:

Yum! Looks very healthy Claire. :lol: Sounds like a nice easy soup to make which is especially handy when down with a cold.

Love soups and am having one right now, lol. Campbell's. :D What can I say. I've succumbed to the power of advertising, haha. Soups have got to be the most flexible kinda food around.

Oh and speaking of advertising... Amazing picture there. Sold! :dance:

Oh wow gogo your pic is amazing...I'd drool but I am full...partial delayed drool for later! And your descriptions of the flavours OMG you should be a food writer!

Ahh Schot I think I got sick of tinned soup as a kid lol we only had to say we didn't want dinner and it'd be 'well you have to have something' and viola there'd be a tin of soup whipped out of the cupboard...lol...evil parents. Soup though no matter how it's made is the spice of life...I love it...one of my all time addictions and I usually add rice to it lol. Rice n soup....utter addiction...I could live on it! (actually thinking about it I pretty much do)

VIVA A LA SOUP N THAI FLAVORS!

:dance::D:lol:

Ahhh :D Another Must Try!

erialc, this just looks wonderful!

Hope my hubby and son can handle so many new dishes in the same week! :dance: