28 Weeks Later

Intersting that you said that about you not liking horror movies. I"m a huge horror fan myself, but I didn't "click" on this movie as being a horror kind of film (sorry talking about the first one here ) It was so "resource" intensive...all about survival, and hard choices. It was a creepy scene when that guy delivered his monologue to the women how rarities like them have to "serve" their place in what he told them was this new world.

And then, that whole "concept" of world getting shatterred when they saw the plane.

I thought it was a cool twist, and kind of scared me in a way about always accepting what others positions of more power attempt to tell us what the status quo is. Them just sticking it out let them survive till they hear the airplane's roar of engines, and, as always, the Deus Ex Machina made it's timely appearance.

Thank god

:P

gogo

This was much more gory. Mass killing, even the kids I went with (all loved the first one) said it was pretty much just gross. The plot had gaping holes and was a poor chain of action scenes linked with (my favorite part of the movie) pretty awesome scenic shots of an empty london.

I consider this movie a waste of money. The trailer was quite good but the actual movie was quite bad. I especially hated the scenes on how the lead zombie killed his wife and the lady soldier. :P

yep the thumbs to the eyes accompanied by blood curdling screams and a lot of the blood coming out. and to think it was after they kissed. talk about a very sick mind of the director and writer

the lady soldier was killed by repeatedly being hit in the face with her own gun

Reminds me of halloween three season of the witch, where the evil dude just walked into a patient's room and literall stuck his fingers into poor patient's eyes all the way to his brain to kill him.

Gross.

And Jun, that scene you just mentionned where lady was repeatedly in the fact...this reminds me of the scene from Pan's labyrinth where the colonel breaks off the end of a bottle and then with the jagged edges just jabs it over and over into the son's face killing him while the father is watching completely helpless.

Yeah scenes like this really suck out my good humor and tend to get me distressed pretty fast.

:P

gogo

I also remember that scene but at least Pan's Labyrinth was a much better movie and that action by the colonel was not actually out of place because it wartime and he's quite paranoid.

• 2 weeks later...

I still havent managed to watch this. Well I saw the first 10 minutes or so, but didn't watch the rest because I got bored.

I was going to ask does it get better, but by the sound of the posts above, I'll take it as a no lol :P

This movie was a waste of money. My money the money to make it and everyone else money.

I want my money back.

P.S.: Oh and I want my 2 hours of life back too that it took to watch this movie.