Automap quick tip

Hi there

I'm pretty sure I didn't see it anywhere on the forum. So I post it

Everybody knows the 2 ways to show the mini map :

-TAB key

-Middle Mouse Button

Almost everybody knows the way to keep it open :

- Hold TAB then Hold ALT, release TAB, release ALT.

Beware not to invert TAB and ALT. Hold ALT, Hold Tab, KICK your Comp., CTRL-ALT-DEL, Kill Task, Double click on Sacred Icon, Wait, login to lobby, see your blue-haloed char, SHOUT AND CRY ! :twitch:

My way to keep my minimap open

Middle mouse button click over a CA slot (works with weapon slot). Straight ! And Back to Desktop friendly :P

Don't know if any knew it, but now, none can't tell he doesn't.

Cya

Nihi

Hi :)

If you hold TAB (or middle button) then press ESC then go back to game Minimap also stays. Safe and easy with no risk of Alt + Tab effect :)

CS.

Middle mouse button click over a CA slot (works with weapon slot).
OMG! This is too cool! And it doesn't even trigger a change of your active slot! Great info Nihilith, many thanks for posting it!

lol, to understand my excitement at this new (to me at least, don't recall ever hearing it mentioned before) bit of knowledge, you'd have to know that this topic is near and dear to my heart, as it was a thread about locking the map on that made me first register on the SIF all those years ago :)

Carolyn,

I'm happy this brings back good memories. Locking the minimap is a must when using far sight. It's nice when you're trying to get rid of the little black spots remaining also :) I found this tip accidentally quite a while ago, and to be honest, I was sure everybody knew it. After a quick search on SIF, I didn't find anything related to MMB map lock. So here it is.

Cya

Nihi

I also stumbled across this but like Nihilith I also stumbled across this by Complete accident and I thought every one knew this too but oh well Nihilith posted the trick good job mate

Excellent tip Nihilith. :(

Oh and Prom I just tried that out. :o lol That works too! haha.

It's a much used feature that use in game and the middle click trick/ Tab M M trick you guys shared with us only goes to show that there is still much to be discovered in the game. How strange that things like this are not in the manual, haha. Makes me wonder if even Ascaron knows about the middle click trick, the Tab M M trick or even shift key defense, lol.