not what i needed

driving home tonight my headlights kepp turning off... this is the last in a long list of things that have broken over the last year ... everyttime its like 3-500 to fix it... sigh... looks like im buying a "new" (to me atleast) car this week... this problem could be the headlight switch (on the column) or something else in the wiring making it VERY expensive to fix so I wont be driving at night until I get a new one which I really cant afford,. I will have to raid the savings to pay for it.... *sigh* I hate cars. ...

You have my sympathy. I used to have a car like that. A 1986 Nissan Patrol. Everything kept breaking down on it. And the engine kept stopping when the weather was wet. :S. The workshop guys had all kinds of ideas about what was wrong, like rust in the carburettor and bla bla bla, but they were never able to fix it. Spent a lot of money on having that car in the workshop. Finally got rid of it, and bought a newer car 5 or 6 years ago. A 1998 Volvo 940 station wagon. Runs like a dream and no problems with it. I think you'll save a lot of money in the long run if you buy a newer car. That's my experience anyways.

Cheers and Good luck :drunkards:

yea, when you starting to fix your car once a week, its time to buy new one. and it doesnt matter how much you spent on fixing - its sunk cost (or how its called in economy) and it shoudnt affect your decision. just get a new car (safety first), and then try to sell old one, or just donate it to some org for tax brake.

in US there is almost no any publick transportation, so you need car

Well I am the rpoud owner of a new (to me) car... foudn something for around the price I wanted and the features I wanted (auto tranny as its hilly around here and with 2 kids in the back I do not need a manual to deal with on top of the "mom hes touching me" comments from the back seat) now I just have to get used to anti lock brakes and having airbags in the front (they have a reputation of being bad for female drivers as they are sized and calibrated for the average male driver) but the power locks and windows are fun especially when my eldest is inthe car (no I did not say your window could be down ..*&roll it back up on him* , no I did not say you could get out *relock the door on him*)

Genenut, I"m so sorry to hear about the car problems. I had a car a while back, and man...it was a drag. It was a second hander, and something I had thought was going to be fun at the time. The huge stack of constant repair bills, gas, insurance, and MORE repair bills really turned me off cars forever. You have my biggest sympathies for those random bills that seem to jump out and bite us especially when things are tight :4rofl: I'm so happy though that you're behind the wheel of a new auto and...one that fit your budget! Hey...don't kids and power windows go great together?

:P

gogo

Good news about the new car :) Do you have those child locks on the inside of the door that no matter what the kids do from the inside they can't open them? ofc they can roll down the window and lean out to open them if they are feeling especially like getting grounded :4rofl:

Gimme a kid proof car and I'll give you any kid who will get round all that kid proofing :P. Glad you can now wave bye to all those repair bills....they are a nightmare!

Claire, most of the new cars these days have electric windows that can be child locked to stay closed and ofc the obligatory child lock doors, they are now both standard fittings.

Now if only they can invent the seatbelt to remain fastened so that the child can't unlatch it *sigh*

Claire, most of the new cars these days have electric windows that can be child locked to stay closed and ofc the obligatory child lock doors, they are now both standard fittings.

Now if only they can invent the seatbelt to remain fastened so that the child can't unlatch it *sigh*

I got a solution for seatbelt-unlatching.

ducktape.JPG

The How-to

ducttapedoor.jpg

Believe me, it's child-proof. Always work against kid verbal fight !

22132156.jpg

Hope it helps :4rofl:

I got a solution for seatbelt-unlatching.

ducktape.JPG

The How-to

ducttapedoor.jpg

Believe me, it's child-proof. Always work against kid verbal fight !

22132156.jpg

Hope it helps :whistle:

LOL one day it just might