Mr. Brooks

Katran

Mr. Brooks is a movie that I was blown away from. The story the acting was just WOW!

I have to say that this is one of the best serial killer movies I have seen not just in a long time but EVER!

The story the way it is told and the caracater interaction is at the top.

Plus the old school actors that we havnt seen in some time are very good in this psychological thriller.

I have to say that Kevin Costner and William Hurt where a bomb.

And added the Demi Moore police detective caracter in the mix well you get a top movie.

Hope they make many more of them.

Last I will say that anyone that goes to see this movie will not regret it! One of the best this summer!

You just saw this too? Me too! lol, the way that he would keep talking to his "alter ego" was so interesting. And the end...those lines...I've killed very very many people...at that moment you realize that this guy is like some horrible force of nature. He can't control it, he knows it and...dang, the guy's good! I was surprised I liked the lead...after his big waterworld fiasco I was pretty much done with watching anything he'd do, but this movie was a great shot in the dark, and took me by surprise.

:4rofl:

gogo

Wow Gogo we both watched it at the same time and we both loved it this is so :whistle:

But as I said top movie and they dont come often. I mean the original serial killer movies. And this one is up there with 7 and Saw. :D

I honestly didn't think I was gonna like it when the movie started out. But after just a few of those dialogues between the killer and himself, I got hooked. Also, the amount of detail this guy put into is planning really drew me in.

A surprise delight here with this movie.

And a great surprise ending.

oh yes...it's not just Hanibal out there

:)

gogo

Very true Gogo the way Kevin Costner and William Hurt add up to each other was so great. My friends and I still fight about it: was his a spit personality was it an artistic view in the serial killers mind that the director and screen writers where showing us well we are not close to coming to a final say on the matter. :)

• 11 months later...

Just saw this again last night.

And again, it was just as fascinating. None of that serial killer over the top stuff we're seeing in franchises like Saw or whatever...

Decent writing here, with some tainted humor.

And... a pretty dark ending.

:P

gogo

Saw it in the bus back from Spain :whistle: pretty cool movie, and wow, how gory was his dream near the end! I really thought it was for real!

The dual view of Mr Brooks was pretty cool, although it raised a question with me. Were others able to hear him talk (did he talk aloud) when he was in a discussion with his alter ego? Sometimes it seemed like they should, other times it didn't. Anyway, a cool movie :)