To abandon or not to abandon?

myles

I have this planet with 235 slots that I dunno if I should abandon. I like the location of the planet and it hasn't been probed at all during my play time (relatively calm neighborhood), and its been quite developed compared to my other planets.

So I'm at a crossroad here. Should I dis it anyway? Is it realistic that at some point 235 would be too small?

(Maybe I'm just outta luck, I wasted 60 colony ships before I got this 315 slots planet, yup I dissed 60 planets smaller than 250 :) )

Anyway, so how high can your planet be? In other words, what's your biggest planet? (without teraformer)

Keep it if it's developed and the location is good. It will take ages before you even occupy the first 200 slots of it (highest developed slots I have is 178 >_>). Not to mention that the first levels of the terraformer aren't that expensive so that should get you a few extra slots easy.

Everything over 200 is good, but over 250 means you probably wont ever need to build terraformers, that's all. :P

My highest planet is 302 (I think)

My smallest planet (given that they're all fairly well developed - 34/29/27 mines) is 146 (without terraformers)...

My largest is 302 (with my "main" a close second at 299) & an average planet size at 215.

I've been a total lucker on that area, havent had to blow up a single colony, and they have

290, 262, 163 (starter), 193, 250, 258, 214 and 311 fields.

and the 311 One is at galaxy 9, So I was happy that it was a good one right away.

the 193 Might go one day, but for now it sure hooks me up with the xtra res. And it is at the 1st system in a galaxy, and people hardly ever scann there. Had it for weeks there, and no1 scanned it even once!.

so until I get in prob there with either people or planet fields, that planet is staying right where it is.

besides, with a few terraformers, and no high research centre I think I might not even have to delete it at all, but we shall see

Keep the 235! :P

Planet size does not matter much at all over 200. Yes, I have filled up over 200 fields before but after that terraforming a few fields will be so cheap your mines won't even notice! :drunkards: My largest, I have probably gotten 6 or 7 315 fielders, several 200+ 15 slots, and even some 200+ 9 slots. Of course, I have colonized more planets then alot of you most likely, since I have played in several unis.

Just keep in mind that if you want to build large mines on your planets you should aim for about 200, just so you don't have to worry about it later on. :)

I'd say keep it as well, but I do remember that when I went shopping for new planets, I personally didn't want anything less than 250. My biggest one is 199 of 319 fields, and I can easily fill up another 20 fields, no sweat.

A keeper

:)

gogo

p.s. Prom you ARE lucky with your planets! :P

Thx for the tips guys.

In that case I won't need to colonize anymore, dredz has gotten me pretty good planets overall. Now what do I do with the colony ships? Do they have any battle value?

Now what do I do with the colony ships? Do they have any battle value?

Paint a nice big targetting circle on the front & send them in first...

LOL! Yes, that is one thing you can do, they get taken out especially easily when paired with dessies. If you are really hard core about destroying them, send them in with RIP's, but fodder does no good with them.

The main thing I use them for is if I am fleetsaving by deploy to send resources to build a new mine on a colony, and a large cargo is too fast but a recycler is too slow. Send one of them along with your ships to get to the planet at the right time.

So, you can either:

1) Use them in parasuicidal (Yes, I just made up that word) attack missions.

2) Use them in deploy fleetsaving, which isn't used unless you are trying to deploy res back and forth to colonies overnight.

3) Sacrifice them in honor of D.a.r.k. :4rofl: