Blade's Spicy Cajun Texas Delight Pork Chops

Blade

One of my favorite things to fix on the grill is Pork Chops. I fixed some just last night and I was biting into one just a few seconds ago, so I thought it a crime not to share my tricks with you guys.

First, I get out the pork chops and "marinate" them with my chipotle Tabasco sauce. Next I put on Seasoned Cajun Salt, Red and white pepper, Cayenne pepper seasoning, and sometimes some pork seasoning to replace the cayenne seasoning, especially if there is guests who do not like the spicy taste.

Next I put it on the grill, and while it cooks I turn over periodically while adding bits of seasoning here and there until they are about 3/4 done cooking. Then I brown them up a bit on the edges and take them off while they are still juicy. I serve with Rice, broccoli or brussel sprouts with lemon seasoning, and a good bit of habanero and regular Tabasco sauce. Occasionally I will fix noodles to go with it, or eat it cold in a sandwich.

Well, I'm not typing another word. Ok, maybe I am but I have to go eat this succulent delight. Cheers! :drinks:

-"UberChef" Blade

omg, blade..you do all this...for yourself! lol, well, it's funny that you just started talking about chops now cuz just lately I've started having a huge delight in pork. I've been bringing back pork chops when I go out shopping, yeah they're cheap...but I can never figger out what to marinate em with . I really like your spicings on the meat, and I think I'll try and great flavors close to it. No BBW here, but maybe I'll try doing it in the oven?

Also how long do you keep the meat marinating for...

:drinks:

gogo

omg, blade..you do all this...for yourself! lol, well, it's funny that you just started talking about chops now cuz just lately I've started having a huge delight in pork. I've been bringing back pork chops when I go out shopping, yeah they're cheap...but I can never figger out what to marinate em with . I really like your spicings on the meat, and I think I'll try and great flavors close to it. No BBW here, but maybe I'll try doing it in the oven?

Also how long do you keep the meat marinating for...

Thanks for the reply! :D

First, my disclaimer. :drinks:

Disclaimer: I never claim to be a good cook, so this advice is all "at your own risk". Sometimes my food is very fiery, so be careful how much you add. Have fun.

First, yep I love cooking, food is one of my obsessions! I even did a speech on hot peppers, Scoville units, etc. It is good to hear that you might try out my evil recipe! Yes, I also cook my chops in the oven, or even do pork roast in the crock pot when I don't have time! I just use some Chipotle Tabasco to marinate when I have time, and I usually just do what I have time for. I never use any recipes, I just be creative and guess! It seems like things always work out for me when I guesstimate, so just do what you feel like. (I know that is a bit cliche, but hey it seems to work ^^ )

Sometimes I put up to 10 different spices on. The thing I am more famous for is my Potatoes O'brien, where I put almost 15 different things on it before I perfect it. Sorry, that is a secret recipe not even my family knows (they love it when I cook them). Maybe later on I will divulge its chemical makeup. :)

Oven works great, just make sure they are still juicy when you take them out. You might want to cook them in something, for example add a can of Mushroom soup or barbecue sauce if you are feeling like a midwest twang. If you feel like a fireball, add some habenero sauce of some type in the soup. Rice also goes well in the pan. Still, I prefer grilling out but oven is also very good.

Good luck with your gourmet meal!

-Blade

Edit: BTW, my brothers also eat my food often, and my parents when they are around. ^^ Sometimes my college buddies too... so technically it isn't for just myself. Sorry I could not get pics but I can't find the camera. =/ But it looked great!

Edited by Blade

That sounds GREAT seems you lean toward the hot side of cookingbarbecue.pngHope you checked out my thread also. I also dont measure much just do it by sight and feel. Also I don't taste as I am cooking. Hey maybe we should have a bbq cook off ? *lol*

That sounds GREAT seems you lean toward the hot side of cookingbarbecue.pngHope you checked out my thread also. I also dont measure much just do it by sight and feel. Also I don't taste as I am cooking. Hey maybe we should have a bbq cook off ? *lol*

That sounds awesome, I love cooking by sight and feel! :gun2: Yes, I absolutely love your thread, it inspired me to write this one.

A cookoff sounds great, if I can find the needle of time in the haystack of my life. Cheers to aficionados of scrumptious cuisine! :hugs:

• 1 month later...
No BBW here, but maybe I'll try doing it in the oven?

You know gogo there's an alternative to using the oven to :twitch:

266b_1_b.JPG

That will fit over 2 gas stove top rings ofc you can use 2 of them and have a much bigger area to work on :drool:

I can't right now find the site I was looking for but they are a great way to get that bbq flavor, imho anyways :wow: