Cookies for the Marquis

Sorry guys, but I'm back, witth another quite probably annoyingly silly query. This one, though, is about the Underworld Campaign; I'm not sure I've seen anything about that on here, and not sure this is the appropriate place to ask questions about it, but I don't know where else to go.

My question involves one of the silliest quests I've encountered. Big, bad, monster-killing me gets asked to go buy a plate of cookies, forsooth! The thing is, the only "blue spot" that shows up on the map is over the intended recipient of the sugar-laden goodies, the Marquis. There seems to be no indication where one *gets* the things. Anybody know where the bakery is, in Purgatori? From the way the quest was introduced, it didn't seem one had to go somewhere out of town to get 'em...but what do I know?

Thanks again, folks, for letting my unsmartness presume on your patience and good nature.

Joe Sahyan

Oh no! Not the cookies! :4rofl:

Hope you don't mind but I adjusted the title of the topic so that you can get more help. To answer your question though this is right place for any questions you have about Sacred.

lol. Oh I remember doing that quest not so long ago. During a Kamikaze Sunday actually. DaveO took a bunch of us out around Purgatory and showed us how to do that quest. We ran around all over, not very far mind you, and risked life and limb to get those bloody cookies, hahaha. After much confusion and splattered bugs our party arrived to the quest giver for the ultimate payload! After you've done aaaaaaall that is necessary for this quest you bring those oh so yummy cookies of goodness over to the nice old lady and then she says in her sweet Purgatorian accent:

Here, let me reward you with one of the rare items from my inheritance!

To which I calmly took my que and said... "Yah babeh! WooHoo! Come to papa!" ;)

With the flick of her wrist, (Ok maybe I'm dressing it up a bit here... ), she sends the rare item of inheritance into the air. :o And what should land at the feet of the party of 6 you say? A rune... 1 good for nothing stinkin rune is all we got. A rune!? What a ripoff! We shoulda just keelled the quest giver and divvied up the basket of cookies, lol. Sorry, I'm bitter. Still getting over it. ^^

Of course there is a much nicer alternative ending for that quest which gets you a better reward and that wolfe's lair does mention via the link Griffman supplied.

Good questing to you Sahyan. :)

P.s.

I thought I'd try my hand at a bit of quest walkthrough. Given the interest here to have quests documented on darkmatters I think this could be a lot of fun to do. :D So I guess I'll just create a walkthrough whenever a question arises. Here's my first attempt which I had a lot of fun doing. Oh and as it turns out it is possible to receive a set item from the Sad Mother when completing the quest. It's a gamble I guess.

Let me know if you find it helpful Sayhan.

CookiesUW.jpg

No, the PAIN of the Cookie quest!! Ah, that IS still a sore spot with those who had the unfortunate task of tagging along on this quest. I agree with Schot on the reward. I mean come on! I WANT the darn cookies next time, and that spoiled brat is not going to get any. She can keep her lousy rune too. It's like completing the quest to find the Holy Grail and getting a penny in return. Thanks for almost nothing! :hugs:

A rune... 1 good for nothing stinkin rune is all we got. A rune!? What a ripoff! We shoulda just keelled the quest giver and divvied up the basket of cookies, lol.

Dude, it's not that I'm greedy, I'm just poor! Sheesh, do you have any idea how much it costs to raise a kid these days?!?! Why do you think I'm so sad!

Ok, I know this quest really ticks a lot of people off because of the quest arrows & stuff, but it'll still always be one of my favorites, no matter how many expansions or new games they make. I love it partly because of the NPC names & content (I think I can say this much - it was added as recognition/thanks for something I did. And they were really good cookies :D), and partly because it was very theraputic. Whenever Mirko(n) ticked me off I could always pop in-game and smack him around a bit :scare2:

:o OMG. I hadn't made the connections on the names, lol.

We shoulda just keelled the quest giver and divvied up the basket of cookies, lol.

Errr, what I meant to say, uhhh. Well... Would you like some cookies? :hugs:

:gun2:

Oh I have to admit that quest gave us a ton of laughs! Well worth it. ...Once! Ah but you know, I did run that quest 2 or 3 times while making the walkthrough and as it turned out on the second try Carolyn gave me a rune AND a nice Dwarf set item. Thanx Carolyn! :D In the end I think it IS better to give the cookies to Carolyn because if you give them to the Marquis then all he will ever give you is experience. Plus you wouldn't want to make Carolyn angry now would you, lol.

More cookies Carolyn? cookieyh4.gif