Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Bravo!

Steph, I was watching as you were bringing the page alive...you took my sorry sordid mass I made this morning, and brought magic to the patches and downloads section.

Very very well done my friend.

Two for one on POutines today!

:P

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, that's fantastic work! I'll get goin on the Dryads I had started up with the Combat Arts

Thank you Steph

POutine with white wine sauce ?

:P

gogo

I filled the Light campaign quest walkthroughs. If anyone wants to make them more presentable, feel free to do so :P

Someone should post which quests are different between Light and Shadow so I can move the walkthroughs respectively. I thnk we should use (Light) and (Shadow) in the title, instead of the "l" that is harder to notice :P

Trust, great job man! you know, I was actually going through your walk throughs last night, and made it exactly to the scorpion.. and first time I put him down with this build...got a yellow head!

:)

I think it's a great idea you have with using (light) / (dark) much more apparent. Big wiki weekend coming up, can hardly wait to dig in as well.

Nice work

:o

gogo

Hi there,

I shall introduce myself first, as I'm new to the forum (not to Sacred!): I'm Zeno from Spain... regards from the sunny lands :4rofl:

I thought I could help with quests, mostly side quests but also with the shadows main quests. I'm doing my first tries in the "Through the Wall" (third part of first chapter) and "Beyond the Wall" (first of second chapter). Please, make any corrections you think are needed and give me any advice on it as I'll appreciate it. I hope you don't mind the text on the captures is in spanish.

Thank you guys for this cool site!

Zeno

Nice work Zeno :4rofl:

Spanish text is fine since you explain what's going on :)

If someone ever makes a spanish translation of the main quest and someone takes english screenshots, we can move the spanish ones appropriately.

Hi there,

I shall introduce myself first, as I'm new to the forum (not to Sacred!): I'm Zeno from Spain... regards from the sunny lands :)

I thought I could help with quests, mostly side quests but also with the shadows main quests. I'm doing my first tries in the "Through the Wall" (third part of first chapter) and "Beyond the Wall" (first of second chapter). Please, make any corrections you think are needed and give me any advice on it as I'll appreciate it. I hope you don't mind the text on the captures is in spanish.

Thank you guys for this cool site!

Zeno

Beautiful work

Was just going through the write-ups you've done. There's a lot of sidequests, and I know this is information that many people are interested in reading about.

Thanks Zeno, and welcome to the wiki!

gogo

Thanks guys for your welcoming and your praises.

First think to say is that I usually have tons of work, that means I'll try to take it step by step, so don't expect more than a couple of quests per week or so.

Anyway, as long as my screenshots will be in spanish, I'll tend to post screenshots more about location and PC/NPC situations and don't give many attention to the dialogs (cause in spanish they're useless for most of users). So I'll try to keep on describing the quests detailed enough so people won't need to look at the dialogs to guess what's going on.

Thanks again for you're welcome! :)

Pleasure Zeno!

The guides you're putting up are good, and are very helpful. Some peeps have a "feel" for writing instructions and putting themselves in the reader's boots.

Take your time, wiki's not going anywhere, and we're all taking our time with it... big game LOTS of info.

Again...thank you for your contribution

gogo

I just finished a chain-quest called Ephrahim's Nightmare, which starts and develops in Skook's Corner, north of Griffinborough. ;)

I understand this is a chain-quest, because are four quests grouped under a common name in the log book, and happen one after another in a necessary and unmovable order. Is it right to consider it as a chain-quest? Then, is it also right the link I added in chain-quests list (quest list wiki page)?

I really think I did it the way I should, but still have some doubts, as whether I should or not include all links for each quest in the chain-quest in the quests list (I mean the link in chain-quest list plus four links, one per quest, in the side quests list).

Btw, shouldn't the chain-quest list be divided in chapters as the side quests list is? It isn't necessary at the moment, but if the list grows enough it might be worthy.

Moreover, I would like to say it's sometimes difficult to me to find the exact translation for some words and expressions in the game. Please, feel absolutely free to make any corrections to those mistakes you find, specially people whose main language is English, and those who play the english version of Sacred 2 and are able to correct any mistakes taking the game's texts as reference. Descriptions might not be so important as you can easily get the meaning from the context, but NPC, places and mission names may be more critical, as they appear in all lists and titles in the wiki. :Just_Cuz_21:

Zeno, was just reading more of your quest guides this morning.

:guns:

I can help with edits on words and writing for English. Will be a pleasure. I was also looking at the way you have set up Quest Chain. It's following the earlier set up by Promatolya and looks good to me. I'll ask Brad to take a look at it as well, and we can look at breaking it up by Chapter.

I'm working on another part of Wiki right now, but as soon as I'm done, I can help with getting Pix of Characters that we meet in game. When we were first doing Quests for Wiki I would make all the characters and Quest Giver into a quest a link to a page detailing info about the characters like this here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...nce_with_nature

When I have some time, I can help with adding that to yours as well.

Great work here Zeno

Ty!

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Chloé, due to the large number of books it must have been a hard work... Congratulations!

I've also finished the task I was doing: The Undead Legion chain-quest walkthrough is completed! :(

I also did a couple more chain-quests: Illegal Gambling and Ephrahim's Nightmare. I'll wait for Schot to finish the template he was planning to make for chain-quests; when the template is finished I'll update the contents to match it. Meanwhile I'll entertain myself with some side quests... even I can plan to finish the shadows main campaign, I still don't know. Anyway, now it's time to play a little... I'm loosing positions in the ranking!

Hope you like the walkthroughs! :)

Zeno.

Zeno, the walk throughs are fantastic! I was looking at them for a while last night, and your guides actually made me want to "connect" to what you had written about in Ancaria.

Hunting Spiders

quest.jpg

Interesting how if they're written up well this way, all of a sudden Quests become interesting ^6

Chloé, Congratz! I know you and Steph have been doing translations since a while now, and you must be happy relieved, and drinking lots of beers to celebrate!

french.jpg

As well, other parts of wiki have slowly been moving forward. A few high lights:

Shrunken Heads page now almost fully complete.

shrunk.jpg

We're still trying to hunt down some heads, always looking for more hunters

And while I was tackling dripping heads, Schot was doing some major face work on the achievements page.

Ta Dah!

achievments.jpg

Check out cool slider along the left ^^

As well, spent the day adding Attribute modifer data to each uniques page. Think all the uniques would look good if just names and stats were tabled on one page with info like number of sockets, quality, attributes?

Would make for a faster read, and maybe help peeps out when shopping for builds :)

It's slowly coming along, bit by bit, with some late edits today by Zinsho and Llama... thanks everyone for the time and contributions

:o

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all again!

I'm working at new quest guides in wiki, and I'm proud to say there's been a lot of advances in the last weeks. I want to give thanks to Slayer89 who has also contributed some quest guides; I'm preparing some in-game captures to complement his quest guides, and soon will be available.

The progress is far better than expected, as I thought it would take me a lot more time to make this guides. I hope I can contribute with more and more quest guides, not quickly but constantly from now.

Recently I've also being making a little reorganization in the photobucket quest folder, which meant lots of links changing in the wiki quest guides. If you detect any wrong/broken/misleading link, please contact me so I can repair it!

Even more recently, I've been with an eye on the Places page. First I worked on places location in the interactive map. Later on, I've given a try on a template creation for helping on writing Place pages. I tried to find a nice layout for it: please, make your comments and suggestions on it! Here is a screenshot on the layout provided by the template:

place_page_demo.jpg

Hope you like all it! :tongue:

Zeno.

I've put in some usage strategies for the HE and Dryad Combat Arts that I know best. I've also put in an explanation about Ancient Magic mastery that is basically my best guess as it its function, considering how the words "resistance", "spell resistance", and "armor" are thrown around so interchangably. While I'm not 100% sure about it, it makes more sense (to me) to have the skill mastery decrease armor ("resistances") than the property "Spell Resistance".

Nice work guys! Things are looking awesome on the wiki. :)

Zeno, I love the fact that you have taken an interest in the Places of Ancaria section. I think that area could be become an outstanding resource for readers and I'm eager to offer advice as best I can. With that in mind I believe that the project is deserving of a new topic dedicated to putting ideas about it together. By all means please start a new topic about it Zeno. For my own efforts I have a rough draft of Pointed Peak. maybe some ideas can be taken from it. I reserve any more thoughts on it for the new topic about Paces of Ancaria. Exciting project!

More HE Combat Art uses, pros and cons.

I also noticed that the Lores and Focuses were switched for the High Elf's skill listing. Focuses were listed as primary skills, which they are not, and the opposite for the Lores. I'm not sure why I never noticed that before, and the page hasn't been edited in a while.

I switched them, but now I've noticed that the left side menu has shifted to the bottom of the screen. I did a simple cut and paste job, and a view of the history doesn't show any significant difference, so I don't know what got changed to cause that.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates