Sacred Wiki Uniques Database now open for pictures!

Hey guys!

We were up till five am this morning and managed to get a decent formatting for the Sacred Uniques...a few hundred entries later and with some of Schot's magical graphical Wizardry, a new page has been created:

http://darkmatters.org/SacredWiki/index.ph...niques_Database

uniques.jpg

So what does this mean?

Basically all the "slots" for almost all of the uniques in the game have already been created for you.

Yay!

Now all you have to do is find some nifty images which you can download from Uniques files listed on the SIF or from your ingame itself,.

1-take a great screen shot image of the item as well as a picture of the item superimposed over the ingames detail box (or if you can't get that pic superimposed on top of the stats item box...no worries...just get the stats box up and someone will come along and add the item pic at a later date ;) . The goal is mostly to get the stats on the unique item boxes up so that we get a baseline of Unque pictures which we can edit after. For ideas and guides on how to get the best possible uniques image go here.

2-Get it hosted

3-Find the name of the Unique in the listing we've already set up for you

4-Stick it in...Voila!

The trick is to make sure you stick in the code for the Unique you want to add in the particular classes item grouping index...and not in the unique page itself.

For example, when you look at battlemage jewelry:

http://darkmatters.org/SacredWiki/index.ph...le_Mage_Jewelry

You will see that there is an index of all the jewelry of the battlemage with some pics already there and some that have to be filled in.

Please make sure you add your pic to the index itself, while leaving the page that the unique leads to for the in-depth unique analysis template for more info, pics and hints/tips on what you think this unique can be used for or other things about it which you think can be interesting.

Basically, each subgrouping of the battlemage uniques will have all the pics for it running down the page for a "fast" read with the original ingame pics.

While a more indepth reading of that particular unique will spawn when we click on the name of the unique itself.

I managed to finish making slots for all of the class uniques, but have not yet got to the All Class Uniques at the top of the page...hopefully I can get back to this page sometime this week to make more slots, or if someone has time they can do it as well.

So if you've got a unique pic...please don't be shy...add it!

If we can get a bit of help from everyone adding a small bit with these pictures, we will soon have all the unique pictures, and after that we can use the Wiki Software to spin out Unique listings in a million bazillion ways.

Have fun guys!

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. highest level of uniques wins hands down, lol. So...if you put a unique pic up...excellent. However, if another pic comes along with a higher level on it which shows more range on it's mods, the higher levelled pic is the royal flush :P

p.s. lol...forgot to mention...I didn't finish with the DE swords and blades because I couldn't figure out which ones were swords and which ones were blades! :cow_white: If someone can help out on that who uses a DE? Or maybe we can find some consensus on what is a DE sword and what could be a considered a DE blade? Thanks!

;)Absolutely Fantastic !! :cow_white: 5am? Oh Guys Dont you ever sleep:)

hehehe Oh Hugs and keep up the great work! :4rofl:

Ill go through my collections of pics and start getting them up as soon as I can :P

Edited by Arilaftia

Ahhh, thank you Ari!

The only thing that's left now is to find a Unique Template for each and every specific Unique that everyone likes. I'm going through what Genenut has used and Nihilith, it looks comprehensive and the pros/cons is especially nifty :cow_white: If we can get a blank one from that, we can then spam that template into all the specific indepth unique pages for each unique so that if anyone ever wants to pull out info from the unique stats and then fill out the template, the direction of "growth' exists.

gogo

hey guys :)

I took a look and I realy liked it... but (sorry it had to come) when I press the link View All I get this message:

The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups Administrator, Sacred Wiki Editor, Fellowship, Sacred Game Forum Staffer, Moderator, Captains, Sacred Wiki Member.

is this something other than I thougth it was because I thougth it was to wach all items :S

(sorry for my poor english and if it was a stupid question :blush: )

Uh oh... I just added that View all link in about an hour ago so maybe there is something I need to do to make things work for everyone. Thank you very much for mentioning it Erling! :blush:

Aaaaaah, I just understood the problem now. If a link is red then it means there is no information to be seen yet. :)

The "view all" pages are automatically generated and because of this I have protected those view all pages. Which means only admins can edit those pages. Once I have completed the work on all of the "view all" pages then you'll be able to look at them. Just a little more work to do. :blush:

P.s.

You should be able to click the view all links for the Daemon and Vampiress.

Ah that would go in the All Class Uniques box. Keep in mind that you can't edit the "All Class Uniques" link but you can edit the red links under it. Which brings me to a question... Can you edit anywhere in the Wiki? I'm not sure if your account has been setup on the wiki so you can make edits. If you can't could you let me know and then I'll fix you. :blush:

:) Absolutely Fantastic !! :blush: 5am? Oh Guys Dont you ever sleep:)

hehehe Oh Hugs and keep up the great work! :(

Ill go through my collections of pics and start getting them up as soon as I can :)

Oh very very nice I will also see what I have as well

Oh guys. That would be amazing! :D Oh and could you throw in a pillow as well Ari, lol. :)

helo I dont want to sumbit anything to SAcred Wiki yet cuz I am afraid of screving things up

so maybe I can post some pics here :blush:

battlestaff.jpg

Dragonslayerring.jpg

dragonskin.jpg

FierySword.jpg

goldenboots.jpg

GortharsSinisterSchemes.jpg

and now I got photobucket mantainience thingy so I will use another site :)

these are small links so just click them :(

2001282194770221388_th.jpg

and thats all for now I think

and I also think some of them are already posted you can just ignore those or have 2 pic's of same thing

(sorry for being a coward for not trying to post in sacred wiki myself and sorry for my poor english)

:)Absolutely Fantastic !! :blush: 5am? Oh Guys Dont you ever sleep:)

hehehe Oh Hugs and keep up the great work! :(

Ill go through my collections of pics and start getting them up as soon as I can :)

Oh very very nice I will also see what I have as well

Oh guys. That would be amazing! :D Oh and could you throw in a pillow as well Ari, lol. :)

*Fluffs up Ari's Pillow Of Doom* .. no relation to Tim :) There you go Schot! .. You'll be sucked into its evil comfy poofyness Unable to escape!!

Man, I want one of those special Pillows too...Ari got an extra?

:drinks:

Erling, it's great seeing your interest in the uniques submissions for SacredWiki. Check out this pic thread here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...ic=4201&hl=

That's pretty much how pics should be put together and cropped before being considered to be added to SacredWiki. I use Ifranview to crop the images easily, and put an image of the item itself into the stats box so that someone can see the stats box info as well as seeing the image of the item both at once.

If doing this interests you and you've got some spiffy uniques that you see have not been added to the wiki yet, please send me a pm and I'll add you to the Wiki Team list after which you'll be able to make contribution.

Cheers!

gogo

Regarding the Sacred Wiki Unique database I have a few suggestions....

1) I see that you are listing the items and then putting a screenshot (if you have it) underneath the written name... which I like.... but why are all the names links if the screenshots or under them? It just seems misleading to me, like there is extra info. But there isn't...

2) I personally would list the items not necessarily but what they are... like bludgeons and staves and such.... I would do them (and did do them on mine :drinks: } by the Lore that they are. I just think it makes it easier to look through if you are trying to find something good for you character but don't have all the Lores.

Also I am too lazy to do it... but I would be more than happy to donate all my item screenies to the wiki if someone else wants to put them up there. If someone feels really motivated I can send a zip file of them all if you find it easier...

Nightwolfe, thanks for the awesome feedback :4rofl:

It would be kind of weird for me I think to just grab all of your images and then put them all up myself. If you ever find time though it would be completely loved if you were able to stick in pics whenever you have spare time, and this way your name goes down as credit in the pages history tab of each item that you contribute to the wiki this way.

With you and everyone else who's interested in submitting pics this way, the uniqery (lol, is that new word? :evil:) will start looking better than it's looking right now bereft of many images and... *gulp* complimentary use of my credit card to all down the street at mcdonalds!

:drinks:

gogo

p.s. And about the titles...yeah it looks strange right now :lol:, but were hoping that when the pics fill up the space , things could look better...*crossing fingers*

It isn't that it looks weird.... maybe I should clarify.

Let's say that I have chosen Axe Lore as a skill and I want to take advantage of it so only want to use weapons that are considered axes... I wouldn't want to have to go hunting around different spots to see all my choices.... The way you have it set up I would have to look in Axes AND Bludgeons. Get what I mean?

Next example.... pretend that I am a brand new player and I don't know what types of items fall into what categories or lores yet with the same scenario as above. I might not REALIZE that Bludgeons could also be an Axe Lore item....

See where I am going with it?

Anyway, OF COURSE you are going to set it up the way YOU think is best.... I just wanted to clarify what I meant in case those things didn't occur to you :drinks:

hey guys

Well, I think the pix are done, with a few hundred edits going in over the last week...ty to everyone who's been working on this. Uniques now list out by:

1-All uniques Alphabetically

2-All uniques by Class

3-All uniques by created listings.

And of course...Uniques can be spun out anyway that anyone wishes to have it done. Just create a new listing and then pick out way of organizing uniques and then simply drop in the names. The software will spin it out via clickable names in a table or a list.

Again, thank you everyone.

Good job!

:)

gogo

Hey, gogo. I see one for uniques but how about one for rares. Or would that be too much work or room? Anyway, I just thought of it today and started to take screenies of the ones that I have found. I have probably about 10 right now. As I get more, I will start to categorize them.

Edited by GothicTomcat

Hey Gothic!

The only reason why rares were never cataloged is because you can buy them in shops, which means that they spawn indeterminately. As such, there is no "fixed list" of rares that can be bought...and therefore the list can't really be cataloged because the game will spawn an infinite number of rares.

Uniques were cataloged becuase of their finite nature and so lend themselves to being cataloged, described and numbered because there is a chance of them being spawned again. Because of their finite number, they have reference value to others who will then seek them out. As such, lol...uniques aren't really unique, they're just the most finite item elements in the game that are spawned in numbers. While rares are the closest to truly being unique and therefore cataloging has never helped with them because the game can spawn a rare and then never spawn it again, which would make collecting them and/or trading them almost impossible.

:mafia:

gogo