Why is Shielding tech so expensive?

Gak

I can't believe how much they're charging in crystal for this upgrade. Why's it so much more expensive than the other ones?

It's a boatload of crystal!

Indy says that Shields are actually the most valuable tech in the game because the regenerate per round and so effectively keep defending as a long battle progresses...

That make any sense?

gogo

It makes sense for it to be expensive, try sim a battle between two same fleets that only differ in shield. It surely made a different.

But yeah its sooooooooo costly.

Interesting...that was the kind of info I was looking for. Gintukas, are you saying that if we were to pick between equal levels of upgrades for one of our techs... Weapon would be the one that would be most useful?

:unsure:

gogo

me I am just bringing up my Armour Technology to 16 only because metal seems to be the easiest and cheapest to get Seems at this level Crystal is becoming the most important thing to get for upgrading things

It is different for different ships. They are all important.

Remember, since they increase by 10% every level, ships with huge shields will be affected the most by this tech. Take RIP's for example, they have huge shields and get a large increase with the tech, as do dessies. :unsure:

Other ships with high weapon power and low or NO rapid fire (ie battleships) at affected most by weapon tech.

• 3 weeks later...

Weapons Tech and Shielding Tech both increase by 10% of the BASE value. The Armour Tech is increased by 10% per level. Increasing tech's if its only increasing at a percentage of the base level I feel reaching a point of, it's not worth increasing anymore