Thanksgiving Desert

dicknail

Hia, guys!

Some friends and I are going to make ourselves a thanksgiving dinner (since we're all Bulgarians in the US, we kinda cannot go home for the short break), and I want to make something goooood for desert. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-iliya

Blondies (Essentially chocolate chip cookies in brownie form)

Mix the following until creamy:

3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar

3/4 Cup Brown Sugar

1 Tsp Vanilla extract

2 Sticks of butter (softened)

Mix in 2 large eggs (one at a time)

Combine the following in a separate bowl:

2 3/4 Cups flour

1 Tsp Salt

1 Tsp Baking Soda

Mix in Combined flour/Salt/Baking Soda

Add 1 Cup chopped walnuts, 6-8 oz of semi-sweet morsels (1/2 or more of a 12 oz bag), and 6 oz of butterscotch morsels (Mmmmmm!)

Grease 8" X 14" pan (preferably non-stick)

Preheat oven to 375F

Spread into pan, cook for ~ 40 minutes. Test with wooden toothpick 2" from edge, if it comes out clean, it is done. I normally let them sit for a couple of hours on a baking rack in the pan. Once the center of the bottom of the pan cools down, I go around the edge with a spatula to loosen and then flip the pan over, dumping the whole thing out. Then cut into squares and devour! :lol:

[Note: I am reciting this from memory, so I'll check the actual recipe in a few hours and make sure I didn't forget anything. :D]

The easiest dessert I have ever made would have to be Chocolate Ripple Cake.

All it is is biscuits and whipped cream to form a log

You can use any biscuit (cookie) though the original being

arn_chocripple.jpg

Ingredients

1 packet Arnott’s Chocolate Ripple Biscuits

300ml thickened cream

½ tsp vanilla essence

Making the Chocolate Ripple Cake

STEP 1: Whip 300ml thickened cream and ½ tsp of vanilla essence in a bowl until stiff

STEP 2: One by one, coat each side of each biscuit with the whipped cream mix and join the biscuits side by side as you move down the line until the whole packet forms a log

STEP 3: Smother the outsides with remaining cream mixture

STEP 4: Decorate with chopped nuts if desired

STEP 5: Place in fridge for at least 8 hours, overnight preferred.

Serve with fresh berries

When serving cut on the diagonal to get the effect of the ripple

chocripplecake.jpg

Ok it is calorie loaded but once you have tasted this simple dessert you will mark it as a favourite

Who can resist cookies and cream:)

wow they all look awesome! :D

I have a humble apple pie that the kids love...easy and fast.

A couple of big cooking apples.

Couple of pears

Peels n slice and layer in a baking dish. We then pour over either honey or sometimes maple syrup, sprinkle with cinnamon, a couple of tablespoons of water and top with crumble mix (yeah I cheat it's out of a bag) and lob it in the oven till the fruit feels sorft and the crumble is golden. Not very exciting but they love it. Glad they do I can't stand it :lol:

hehe ofc I think the other suggestions are wayyyyyy better and sound much yummier!

Here's a cool idea we did with a bunch of friends a few thanksgivings ago...a chocolate fondue!

chocfonduepot.jpg

It's the easiest thing in the world to do, and you can pick up the pot really cheap anywhere, even at a garage sale. Just throw in a bunch of chocolate, get it to slow melt, serve it with pre-cut fruit and watch everyone's eyes light up with delight as you bring out the simmering pot and then present everyone with either a center arrangement of the pre-cut fruit or give everyone their own. Tons of fun with everyone drinking wine, aperitifs, and just dipping away...it's not often done and when it's put together it's always appreciated.

It's fun, very easy to setup, and deeeeeeeeeeeelish.

:D

gogo

p.s. ahhh, creme brulee...only my most favorite desert in the whole world...ike, you and I are on the same page. :lol: