Am going to study again

Ok so I passed the IELTS exam a couple of months back with flying colors but I have a slight problem. My previous work experiences even though totalling more than 10 years in the food industry sadly doesn't belong to Australia's skilled occupation list. So my uncle conferred with the immigration lawyers there and they came up with the decision that I need to study there for 2 years in order to have a very high chance of qualifying for Australian citizenship because if I pass the course I will be having an Australian certificate plus local work experience there. I'll be taking up Study This. Actually am quite excited about this prospect because this is an International School so I'll get to meet people from different nationalities. Am now trying to finish all of the requirements. Semester starts on July 2008 but I will be in Australian either May or June.

if you like cooking, that course looks good, but if you thinking about changing industry or you want to have more oportunities later - I would go for MBA - with that and your experiance you can get job in food industry, or if something, you can try in other industries

if you like cooking, that course looks good, but if you thinking about changing industry or you want to have more oportunities later - I would go for MBA - with that and your experiance you can get job in food industry, or if something, you can try in other industries

actually am not much into cooking although being a food technologist am an expert taster. hehehe. anyway my target is to qualify for citizenship in the shortest time possible using the least possible study time thus the 2 year certificate course.

Edited by cyclops

Good for you Jun!

I bet a lot of people would have been downcast after reciving what could have been perceived as a setback, but it looks like you've got a solid plan and more importantly, it's still being involved in something you love... food industry. You'll only come ahead by learning more and watch them line up to grab you after the schooling.

Hey, don't forget to keep a spare room open for visitors from DarkMatters who feel like coming by for a vegemite sandwich.

:):D

gogo

• 3 months later...

At last my wait is over!! Just 2 more months and it's hello kangaroo and koala bear!!

2/04/2008

Congratulations on your success in gaining admission as an international student at Padstow

College, a college of TAFE NSW.

Offer details of the course are as follows:

COURSE TITLE: Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) - Certificate IV

COLLEGE: PADSTOW COLLEGE

INSTITUTE: SOUTH WESTERN SYDNEY INSTITUTE

Edited by cyclops
Congratulations Cyc

Just a side note, you might want to take out your personal details as this is site can be viewed by the public

done. just removed my real name hehe

• 3 weeks later...

The embassy here really is making it hard for me to submit my visa application because of the required show money amounting to A$67,000. Actually my uncle who is sponsoring my study there has much, much more (in the 6 digits) money in his possession but according to the student visa guide it is in the "wrong" form. Ssshhh money is money in any form!! :devil:

Edited by cyclops

They're being nitpicky. Classic bureaucracy. Stick with it Jun, eventually bureaucracy runs out of of forms to peddle. They may have a lot of excuses to shoot at you, but if you stay strong, you'll make it through.

:3lmao:

gogo

• 2 months later...

Due to the "money" issue I was forced to change course to Business Management. Anyway I am learning to hate the people in the embassy here because they are taking their sweet time in releasing my visa. My class would start July 21 and am still here. My uncle told me before that I should be there at least 1 month before start of class to be able to aclimatize myself. Being in a new country is hard enough plus the fact that am going to experience my first winter. :)