Co-op

I like leveling and making uber soldat characters but I like to have a sort of finish line to put it towards. I am rather disappointed that you can't do co-op on the closed net servers, maybe this will be addressed in sacred 2. Has anyone here ever done co-op in open? It would be fun going through the game with some added help. You could all gather the elements simultaneously!

Hey Helgi :drunkards:

Thats how I started playing a looong time ago with my Mom as she was at one end of the country and I at the other, it was great fun though and I'd be up for trying it again.

Thats the thing I really miss from closed:(

I did ask the question why on the SIF before as to why the main quest was removed and I think someone said it was to do with there being exploits that could be used in closed as part of the main quest. Nobody could remember exactly what they were though. It's a shame that they could not be fixed and the quest brought back with a later patch but now it seems it will never happen.

Oh that is a shame. I had been thinking recently that it would be a fun thing to do. Hmmm, maybe the UW campaign will be enough. Have to try that. :)

I have tried the UW campaign but I couldnt get thru the gates to hells ridge, tried several times but there is an invisible barrier well at least for me :4rofl:

Oh thats curious... gial and I experienced that last night as well. No "visible" gate but couldn't pass through. We weren't doing the campaign at all mind you but we thought it strange. I wonder if someone else had tried to do the UW campaign before we arrived. I hope that isn't a consistent bug... :4rofl:

Oh thats curious... gial and I experienced that last night as well. No "visible" gate but couldn't pass through. We weren't doing the campaign at all mind you but we thought it strange. I wonder if someone else had tried to do the UW campaign before we arrived. I hope that isn't a consistent bug... :4rofl:

I have tried it several times when it was only me in a game that I made, so noone could have tried the campaign. Maybe going thru the gates sets off something else in the quest that Ascaron have turned off.

Thats the thing I really miss from closed:(

I did ask the question why on the SIF before as to why the main quest was removed and I think someone said it was to do with there being exploits that could be used in closed as part of the main quest. Nobody could remember exactly what they were though. It's a shame that they could not be fixed and the quest brought back with a later patch but now it seems it will never happen.

I remember when that happend. It was a dupe exploit iirc and involved the savegame that was saved locally. So long ago and I never did try it myself. And it was a pain to get a free server to load it on. A fun thing was that you could save just before a dragon and reload it with any char at any diff level over and over.

We were on the VoT side of the gate - and that's the first time it hasn't been visible for me. But, following the quest line, we would have been on the other side of the fence, having exited th cave behind the wall. I've come that way in Hack'n'Slash too, and you can't get through the gate then either, but supposedly in the campaign you get a dimensional token or some such, and the gate opens to let you into VoT from Hell's Ridge. To get there, you need to go up Hell's Ridge to the very northernmost point. As usual, Nightwolfe has an excellent map showing the way.

There was also a seraphim in the cave there too, but she ignored me completely.