Most Memorable HC Death

Apologies if I'm duplicating a topic, I know there's lots of death descriptions ones around, but right now I'm wondering what your most memorable one was. You can only pick 1 HC character that died - tell us the name, level, and circumstances of the death

Mine was DaGoldGirl. She was a mere level 66, and the first HC character I'd ever gotten to gold. I was playing with Akroma that day, we were both playing mages, but he was in the 80's IIRC (significantly higher level than me anyway). I wasn't trying to leach, just enjoying playing with a friend. I remembered that enemies spawned at the higher level about halfway from Mascarell to the Swamp Dragon - "Don't worry, my Ice Shard mage will protect you..."

Edit: D'oh, I know better than to post when I'm as tired as I was at the time I did this one! Levels corrected :)

That has to be the death in Hell's Ridge.

It was my first time there, with a level 100ish DE. Got cornered by some Frazzlers IIRC, and got stunned. Couldn't hit the space bar fast enough.

I never expected it to be a more dangerous place than VoT/Nuk Nuk land!

oh that would be my DE too :)

he was level 100 and he died in gold, Valley of tears

I was in VoT near the nest when I saw met another char around level 130 and soon the enemies spawned higher level's and I was somekind of pathetic I wanted to show how good I was ran into the nest to show I was strong :)

had a bit of split and died after ca. 5 mins :)

Great topic, Carolyn.

My hc death that I most remembered was probably the following which was part recounting of a kamikaze which finished off with a very strange transformation with me:

Hi Everyone!

A big thank you to all of the participants of this week's Kamikaze! It was our biggest turnout yet, with many people from all of the clans and different communities.

WPC

Clan DA

Dark Templars

D.a.r.k.

Everyone showed up in great spirits, runes were given out again by Schot as party favors, and it was great to see all of our friends having a great time.

shot0115.jpg

This time, with so many on the servers, two teams were organized, with one going off east to feast on spiders while went west to seek out heads and good fortune. I was with team two in the western desert and was happy to enjoy the company of others as we headed into the deep desert looking to snare the experience off of unwary orcs and chieftains. With the two teams splitting up this way, we were all able to enjoy the presence of our friends, while cutting down on the lag. Schot had mentioned that turning off all our background processes (eg. MSN) would help and we all had our settings to modem. What resulted was a marked improvement in game performance and I believe this was one of the best times out yet. Our team had me on horseback rousting and bringing in orc mobs, while the group's ambush of fire, piercing hits and slashes would quickly crisp the unsuspecting villains as they rode in. After about half an hour of this, the suggestion was made to take out D'cay and so the party ventured forth. At this point, our party was comprised of only three, with Smashly and DaveO, as others were on breaks, and our surprise and unexpected interlude upon the sleeping dragon brought forth fiery breath and claw as we dug down deep to take out the beast.

shot0116.jpg

With only three of us the battle rages on...lack of firepower and a small party made skipping out of the way of his poisonous exhalations a much needed reliance.

shot0117.jpg

Celestial light, fiery disc, slashing melee and pounding horses brought the beast to bay!

shot0119.jpg

And so...what to do next?

DaveO's quick mention of the Ice Elves and their deeds of evil brought the group to a decision to go forth and bring justice to their lands. A quick trip to the island to stock up on pots and we were off through wood and slapping bears as the party went forth carefully with visions of righteousness in their heads. Rooster was along now as well, with Smashly too, our party had grown, and with it our confidence in the future. Yes, those Ice elves would pay. Our incursion into their wooded lands brought down our use of energies, spell, hoof and might...the battles were ferocious, but so was our resolve.

shot0120.jpg

Many pots were swigged, many cries were cried, but still the group foraged ahead, bringing all it's might to bear down upon these sylvan denizens of leers and evil.

shot0121-1.jpg

The swoop of lifebars up and down, red flashes, now coming with faster frequency, Celestial light boring down with multiple castings, disks bearing down with renewed attacks, the party falters, but regains momentum with an exciting come back!

shot0123.jpg

This league of Ice elves' power almost broken, when ANOTHER party of Ice elves joins the fray...alas...this chronicler is hit with a spectacular bolt of dazling purple light that bores down from the heavens with a corruscating, fell intent!

shot0122-1.jpg

Blinded by light, and blasted to no life in my health bar, I mash upon the space bar while crying...Lag Monster...Lag Monster!

Good bye, fair folk.

My life as a softcore chraracter has now begun, this seraphim's tale is no more. She was transformed in the midst of battle into a creature of the Open Servers. But her sister will return, armed with sword and spell. Ever ready to battle with friend again.

Cheer and again...thank you everyone for coming!

:)

gogo

p.s. As noted the chroniclers life ended at this point, and so we will have to wait upon someone else to take up the tale. :)

Ok, my most memorable death was on my first HC char, the woodelf phir.

I started playing her solo in HC and fear of death kept me on my toes all the time, eg would never dare to party with others for leech and stayed away from underworld completly. She kept a low profile and that made bronze -> gold quite an easy task. She started geting bolder for each day, maybe this HC aint so tough after all she thought. She started partying and met some great friends and soon she was hooked on all the perks of playing as a party. She joined in on bc runs, regionbosses, vot...nothing was too dangerous or too hard.. she felt unbeatable!!

A day, like any other day - she, enci and ari spawned two region bosses in one session! and late as it was decided to kill them off before bed... well ... at level 183 fate finally cought up as dcays meteors slamed her into the ground. It was a fair death and tbh expected. Still very sad though :)

Ps. Ohh..when anyone asks me I always blame kat :) Ds.

My most memorable HC death is a tale of triumph, stupidity and despair. My poor sad little Vampiress was only level 19 when all alone, she went up against the Frost Dragon Twins in the land of the Ice Elves. She struggled greatly, but refused to acknowledge defeat and against all odds she triumphed. Killing first one dragon and then at her last gasp, she defeated the second Ice Dragon. Screaming my triumph to the skies at defeating the twins unaided and with a character still under level 20, I immediatley typed a message to my friends in-game, boasting of my accomplishment. :bounce:

Unfortunately, my pride was my downfall, because while I was still typing my boastful message, a squad of Ice Elves arrived upon the scene and cut down my exhausted character. Screaming, "NO,NO!", I hammered at my space bar, but alas instead of my Vampiress drinking her health potions, I just typed more spaces into my now unwanted message. By the time a got myself sorted out it was too late and my proud Heroine was no more than a smear upon the grassy lawn. :drunkards:

The moral is one I shall never forget. Pride comes before the fall, put your character somewhere safe and then modestly mention your achievement. :D

Edited by podgie_bear

With so many deaths under my belt, it's hard to pick just one. But I will have to choose the one that was caused by my kids.

I was in a medium-sized party but was alone, doing the orcs quest. I was low level so their hits were doing a bit of damage. I was playing a shard mage if I recall.

My meter flashed and I hit the space bar....nothing. Quickly noting that I had at least one health potion in my inventory, I stopped my attack long enough to click on the indicator. My health restored, it still showed red. And why not? I had plenty of potions in my inventory.

Another flash and I hit the spacebar. Again nothing. I used the mouse to heal and then tilted my keyboard toward me. I was hoping that whatever was lodged under the spacebar would fall out.

To my shock, warm water started pouring out from my keyboard. One of the kids had poured it in earlier. In my shock, my mage was killed.

So many deaths, so many good stories.

Still, I miss my first Widd tank glad I was building on. He got up to gold and was really starting to do some insane damage numbers. But, it took only one Attack on wrong time from those horrible creatures in hell's ridge to put my lovely "wounded and in pain" to his last resting place. Still got his spirit on Local network, but it's just not the same.

After such a huge Bunch of Rips (I'd dare to say 100+), it should be pretty difficult to choose the most memorable Rip, huh? :)

But there's one that has burned into my Memories: My 216 Hell Sphere Girl Victoria.

I once felt like playing the Campagin with her. And it was so easy and relaxed.. Hell Sphere here, a Blazing Disc there and everything was cool. Had a lotta Fun :) And so, after maybe 2 Hours I stood right in front of him; Anducar himself. I couldn't denie that he (in his Daemon Form) was very tough right on from the Beginning. But at that TimeI didn't know that I don' take Damage, when I simply stand still in those "Thorn Lawns", Anducar is spreading out sometimes.

So, after quite a Bunch of Time, she lay on the Floor.. my beloved Victoria, who was created shortly after I started in Multiplayer and went through all Stages of Playing with me :D

But her little Descendant Victoria X. is 194 already. So, soon my MF-Powergirl will be back.

:)

Therion

I know my most memorable HC death exactly... Cause I'm still getting over it. :):P

It's my rune farming sharder BM dude for which gial created a wonderful memorial. I shall remember him always and one day reincarnate. :) As for the details of his finale you can read that in gial's topic, A Noble End and my post therein. :P

Everyone knows what mines I even wrote her an obituary LOL! It was my Vampie. She was my first to make it to gold. Death by scary pirates lag and chaos. It was scary. I was sad. I went to the pirate cave with Curtis and he was overspawning and I was doing well to stay behind and out of the way but alas lag and a stray pirate killed me bad. Needless to say I havent ventured to the pirates since.