Sacred 2 Multiplayer

I've searched through DM and can't find a topic that relates to this question, but if it already exists, please forgive my lack of searching skills....

From what I can understand so far, multiplayer games can be hosted where other players just join in on a current single player campaign of the host. If the host is a baddy and the joining player is a goody, how will the storyline play out or affect the players. Is there a news letter somewhere that I missed, or can baddys only join in Dark Side host games and visa versa ?

* wonders if the force will be stronger on the Dark Side *

Good questions. It's things like this that are going to get very very complicated. Remember, it was only a few patches into Sacred where they finally got all the quest and campaign rules properly fleshed out, at the beginning all kinds of wonky things were able to be done, with being able to buy uniques in stores, and being able to do all kinds of exploits. With the pushing back of the release of the game all the way to fall next year, I bet a lof of these very complicated questions will probably get answered...with us doing a lot of of the answering when the game is released!

:D

gogo

I've searched through DM and can't find a topic that relates to this question, but if it already exists, please forgive my lack of searching skills....

From what I can understand so far, multiplayer games can be hosted where other players just join in on a current single player campaign of the host. If the host is a baddy and the joining player is a goody, how will the storyline play out or affect the players. Is there a news letter somewhere that I missed, or can baddys only join in Dark Side host games and visa versa ?

* wonders if the force will be stronger on the Dark Side *

From what I had collected during the Games Convention (and written in my Sacred 2: Fallen Angel preview), when playing campaign mode, a bad guy won't be able to join a game created by a good guy, as all characters will have to follow the same path in campaign mode (hence the seraphim will only be able to play campaign with other seraphims and characters from one of the 4 classes that can choose between good an evil, and the inquisitor only with inquisitors and these 4.

There will of course still be the "Free" multiplayer mode as well.

... (and written in my Sacred 2: Fallen Angel preview)...

Ahhh sorry Gorkk - see, my searching skills failed that time ! :devil:

As is probably the case, most people would try to get the feel for each toon early on, so I guess that all\most of us would have a good and bad player handy, should it be required for joining another players' campaign ...?

Certainly this will make things a bit more challenging for friends to play together. Hopefully it will work out nicely in the end.

P.s.

Good to see you both Scleameth and Gorkk. It's been a long time. :thumbsup: