ACS...lemme know more.

I fully admit that I am a noob when it comes to this. I understand the premise and ive read the board FAQs etc but im still a lil puzzled and have only played unis 2,4,6,and 9 which as you know are all ACSless. OK, Lets say im being attacked and want to do an acs ninja how would I invite others to do so? I ask cuz I have a pain in my @$$ (elnino) who keeps attacking my colonies with cruisers and I know someone's gunna wanna make those into a DF so I might as well make some friends and invite them. Also if you have an alliance depot does that let ships (in your alliance) sit around your planet (based on level and deut etc):)

Help a noob with his facts will you please? :P

I could give you a link to guides, but I think it is better if I explain myself.

To ACS attack, press formation, and type the name of the player you want to invite. Then your friend (must be on buddylist on in your alliance) will do the rest. :P

Please tell me the coords where he is attacking, I would love to do another ACS ninja! (Werner and I already did one.)

I fully admit that I am a noob when it comes to this. I understand the premise and ive read the board FAQs etc but im still a lil puzzled and have only played unis 2,4,6,and 9 which as you know are all ACSless. OK, Lets say im being attacked and want to do an acs ninja how would I invite others to do so? I ask cuz I have a pain in my @$$ (elnino) who keeps attacking my colonies with cruisers and I know someone's gunna wanna make those into a DF so I might as well make some friends and invite them. Also if you have an alliance depot does that let ships (in your alliance) sit around your planet (based on level and deut etc):)

Help a noob with his facts will you please? :P

are you talkin uni 36?

we need a board that we can post on.

Thanks Blade. As for the coords I'll let you know trust me. He usually atacks my colony 2:254:10, even when I clean out the colony and pm him, so hes asking for a ninja. You should see his posts on the oof, he's one of those "I have fleet and I will crush and farm everyone around me so look out, im amazing...I post every single hit I ever make" Ho boy just wait till I start building some fleet he's toast. 2 more levels of hyperspace engine till beezers are available :P I'll play the hapless miner whiner, waiting...baiting and then WHAM!

@OMG: indeed I am talkin 36 my dear OMG...perhaps we can start a separate uni36 section here or did you have ideas elsewhere?

are you talkin uni 36?

we need a board that we can post on.

I would be glad to visit there. :P

And no prob locutus, good luck on your ninja. I think I saw a colony in G1 of yours, around 1:175 so I avoided probing it. I have almost 40 battleships, if you need some help on that colony I can do it very quickly. Please tell his ingame so I can put him on my "list". :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I still dont get it...im gathering that people send probes in the ACS attack to safety probe But, does it espy before the attack? I dont get it. :) I also dont get why so many people in uni36 have built hundreds of probes. *NEWSFLASH* they suck as fodder and they dont carry rez anymore. Also how does this depot figure in? Do you need one in order for a friendly fleet to defend, or do you need the depot to allow for the friendly fleet to sit in orbit for however long? And if you phalanx a planet can you see not only that persons fleet but their incoming allies as well? Isn't ACS only effective if your allies close to begin with so they dont take forever to get to the same planet your attacking or your planet to defend? My brain hurts.

Edited by locutus

Probes are sent to to join formation with a current to attack to delay the landing time.

Its a tactic to avoid ninja within five min of landing,

Eg, you have already time your ninja,

so the attacker slows his fleet by x amount of seconds so that he can safety scan for a ninja attempt.

Hope that helps.

my acs days are long gone and im a bit of a noob, but will give it a shot to add to the confusion.

the tactic called probe slowing is to delay the original landing time of your attack ships so that you may see ships that may attempt to ninja you, whether they be from planet owner or an acs defend. with the slowed landing time, you espionage to see ships attempting to ninja that you would otherwise miss in say a non-acs universe safety probe.

mechanics are pretty simple. say it takes 1min for probe to travel to target planet. your landing time on target is 21:00:12. when near 1 minute, depending on connection and your skill, say that it takes 6 seconds to acs in a probe. your original fleet was 54sec out, now with the acs'd in probe it is 1min out, yielding a landing time of 21:00:18. do it twice and you have much more time to safety probe they you would have in an acs universe. you can then recall the probe or let it land in the attack.

beauty of the acs in of ships is that not only probes can be used at the last minute and at 100% speed. say you send in just bs, you can acs in 1 cruiser at 100% speed when the main fleet is a minute or two under the flight time for 100% cz launch and then immediately recalled. your original landing time is now a few minutes later depending on how you do it. done a couple of times you can really delay an attack to definately see a ninja attempt depending on potential acs defenders of the target. probes at 10% also work. really switch it up and be random.

other fun uses of acs, there is probably more:

1. delaying moonshots to avoid df poaching by fleet slowing fleet of lf sent at another planet.

2. when doing lanxes, you have another option. ever had a lanx blown by net lag when launching a few thousand bs? no probs with acs. time with a largo cargo and nail the timing. acs in other ships, making sure their flight times are less than the timing ship. you save piles of deut if the net lags, you catch it with another ship or timing same ship at another speed.

3. reducing chance of blind phalanxes. say you timed fleet with a lc at 100% and are coming off a moon. you then acs in other ships at various speeds, perhaps in more than just one acs join. someone trying to blind lanx you may know the landing time of the hit, but can not tell the return time of ships exactly due their being many possible speeds you could have used for a bs to have a flight time less than that of a lc at 100%. the flight speeds of other ships are masked. can still be hit on return, but they would have to make a very lucky guess.

4. attack a planet only to have them fs to df above after you have launched ships. if you are lucky and skilled, you can adjust your ships to hit 3sec after theirs landing on planet.

5. not sure if still possible, but fleetsave by zero hold time acs defend on a friendly moon.

6. moonshots can be done a bit differently too on trades. you can acs defend with 500cz and then send 1667lf, then recycle df. reduces coordination of people in multiple time zones as you are handling it all yourself. the person does the same for you.

7. edit: acs defend people you have on buddylist [ don't get bax'd :blink: ]. if they have worthy res/fleet on a planet, lanx it when you see activity and ninja incoming, recycle df. when is the last time you safety probed an inactive? :4rofl:

you can defend without an acs depot. it is only handy when there is to be long holding times for fleets acs defending. higher levels allow you to send more deut per hour to replenish the supply of ships acs defending. depot not really of much consequence, as many acs defends for ninjas are merely done for a matter of seconds. an attacker will never know what hit them if their incoming is murdered in one round and will not see it if on moon or no phalanx coverage when recalled before the Holy Hannah! espionage may happen. perhaps help during a graviton attempt if you have a friend with massive fleet defend over your lightly defended planet.

Edited by trd