The Witcher - help killing Azar Javed and the Professor outside Tower?

I made it by using as many potions and oils as possible to boost my attack and speed.

Then I kept hitting the professor with the strong style the fight ended with the professor having about 50% health left

This game had completely captured my attention when it was first released and talked about here. I loved it's history and the movies they released when talking about the motion capture techniques they were using to make the "fighting" come to life.

Does anyone have an pics from the part of the game that is being discussed in this thread ?

:ninja:

gogo

You have probably beaten them by now but if you haven't...........

what chapter/stage are you at?

........because you meet up and fight with these two a few times during the game. :ninja:

stubbs

There you go:)

witcher2008012408430110as3.th.jpgwitcher2008012408452931qw3.th.jpgwitcher2008012408484593sf0.th.jpgwitcher2008012408493359mw8.th.jpgwitcher2008012408520500zz3.th.jpgwitcher2008012408524481je9.th.jpgwitcher2008012408542065wf0.th.jpg

last 3 pics are the inventory, "skill tree", and the alchemy tab

I’m only at stage 2, but it’s been highly enjoyable so far. Storytelling is excellent, the game is very immersive, lots of background info (though the way reading books/scrolls etc is implemented – tiny window in the middle of the screen – makes me want to skip reading).

I haven’t read the book(s)? the game is based on but so far I love the atmosphere– pretty general but detailed fantasy setting, slightly dark and intriguing themes.

Quests are well-thought out, though there’s also a fair share of kill 10 monsters/gather 10 herbs kind of quests, but these are optional. Some forces you to make decisions about who to trust, how to align yourself. Big plus point for this. :) Your decisions affect the storyline, I think theres more than one possible ending.

The combat system is very strange. Basically it’s timing based clicking and you have to choose between different fighting styles based on the type of enemy you’re facing. This only means pressing a button, you can’t really choose which moves you’re using. Still feels very unnatural, but maybe it’s just me.

Can’t really comment on character development as I haven’t got very far. While you have no choice of the character you wish to play, you can emphasize the fighter or magic based side by skill point allocation

Cons:

Loading times are abysmally looooooong – I keep lecture notes at hand while playing, so I can keep myself occupied while the game is loading.

The area you can explore is very limited, no sense of freedom.

The inventory is a true disaster, tiny icons, everything is just thrown onto the grid with no way of sorting them. It takes ages to find anything.

I absolutely love alchemy in every game – but here, I just don’t get it. I haven’t found an easy way to tell which ingredients you’re missing for which potion. As they’re stored in the inventory, you can't sort them. The whole system seems to be a mess.