How to saddle a Hell Hound?

Ok so this is the other thing that's been on my mind... I've noticed as of the most recent image of the Shadow Warrior on his Hell Hound, (which I really do think looks pretty cool), that it seems Ascaron is/has gone through a sort of discovery phase as to how best to seat the Warrior on the Hound. I say this because I've seen two different versions. It could be that the difference in seating is a result of circumstances but I can't help but think both seem a bit awkward to me.

So I'm wondering what others think. There's a chance, though I haven't a clue, that Ascaron is still trying to find a solution to this whole saddling of the Hell Hound and if so then maybe feedback here could help them out a bit. Below I've attached an image showing the two versions of the positioning I've seen. You can also see the screenshots on the Sacred2 page: Sacred 2 Screenshots

So how does it look? Could there be a better way of seating him? Maybe a taller saddle?

HellHound.jpg

The problem is that the mount has been modeled as a sphere...the closest that we can envision riding one would be those crazy rubber balloons that kids would "bounce" or "hop" around on...not very elegant or terror-inducing lol

hopball.jpg

We'll see how it comes to life in Sacred 2. I've noticed the same thing as you have Schot... the problem is with the dude's legs...they can't seem to figure out where they look decent. When you're a kid hopping about on a toy, having them sticking up in the air is okay. But when you're a dark shadow warrior...lol, well...I don't think it cuts it

:ninja:

gogo

gogo, I love you. I was going to get a picture of my little cousin on one of the bouncy ball thingys... lol I thought it'd be funny to (with a little help from their dad) to make a dragon head for their bouncy ball thingy... schot's hell hound reminded me of it. btw, it was one cool cardboard/rubber dragon!

-Total

Certainly looks dorky... and that second one does not look stable at all. Looks like he'd fall of from a gust of wind let alone an attack :)

What about standin' up, surfer styles :)

Or perhaps a chair\basket-like saddle, like the hunters use on elephants, that be located more towards the back of the hellhound ?

Or a chariot... Ben Hur style ?

I've been spending a lot of time looking at the animal. hmmm, Scleameth, your idea of him riding about it while standing or surfing...lol, not bad. Or...how about this...is there a way that the animal could have sockets or "holes" ...breathing gills or something? That the the Shadow Warrior could jam his feet into, and then hide them out of the way of the viewer?

ew, I just realized how yucky that sounded

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s lol, yeah claire, he'd certainly have to be careful as none of the physics make sense.

p.s.s. lol, Total, I think those hopperoos are still for sale...wouldn't it be really cool if they made em for aduls? ^^

p.s.s. the more I think about it the more I like the idea of riding it around Ben Hur style. They'd have to lower the height of the animal. This would actually be pretty cool. Like a surfboard with reins

• 5 months later...

I dunno, IMHO this still looks a bit uncomfortable, unstable, dorky and really not very warrior-like.

shadowwarrior.jpg

It reminds me a bit of some Walt Disney muscular hero on this tiny little horse...

Now I don't have the answer, but I hope they come up with something better when the game is released !

Well, perhaps the peeps around here that'll do beta testing will let us know if this seating position gets annoying after a few hours' play ?

My best solution would be to have some sort of "magical" saddle or rather a T-Energy saddle ? I have this image of Julius Cesar after a great conquer standing with his one foot on a rock... know what I'm sayin' ? So it's not really both feet hanging on either side of the HH, but rather a more sturdy... "stance". I use the term T-Energy saddle, so that it can swivel as the HH rears up and the SW can remain in an upright postion, with the SWs feet behind the HHs front legs... well, that's just a thought - I'm not sure if I described it good enough, but I'm certainly not artistic enough to be able to draw a picture ! :)

And, off topic : does anyone know what those little circles are above the CAs ? Is that when riding a mount that you'd be able to switch between mount CAs and actual character CAs ? Or is that the "new layout" so you don't have 5 CAs but 6 and switch between 1st 3 and 2nd 3 ?

Edited by Scleameth

heh, he does look pretty uncomfortable on that thing. I do like the fact that it rears, and the colors are so bright. I think I read somewhere that you'd be able to use some Combat Arts from mounts, and that they'd have their own attacks. Only two months more till release!

:drunkards:

gogo

I think with the body structure of the beast that the saddle would be complex. When I first saw it it reminded me of the hump on a dromedary or single hump camel. so I would get some inspiration from the movie Lawrence of Arabia.

Dromedary saddle's a good comparison. I never thought though that that would be particulary comfortable or efficient in combat. Who knows....the Shadow Warrior uses an application of Krazy Glue before every battle?

:drunkards:

gogo

ok I figured it out here is how to saddle a hell hound you will need the following items..............

1 roll of double stick tape socketed.

1 case of hollow point .45 cal rounds

1 kimber .45 cal

and a bull whip

now let me explain why

the double stick tape for your 1st attempt it will add to SB% over time.

the bull whip just in case the dumb beast throws you off now its time to teach him a lesson.

the kimber .45 and rounds for when all else fail shoot the dang beast because he was too stubborn to be trained and buy your self a horse

lol, EM, that was fantastic... ever thought of doing some over time as a Game Dev?

:D

gogo

p.s. don't let Pevil see this though :D

Can't say as that I have Gogo. I hope Pevil doesn't see this either she would probably flog me a good one rofl