NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

Long time no see, but found another report-worthy thing. The animation of dual wield Callous Execution on the Spider mount is completely broken. The Inquisitor becomes a dismantled lego figurine for the duration of it :D

Spoiler

lego1.thumb.jpg.96eb19beecd74b86bf505d55c54076bd.jpg

lego3.thumb.jpg.3ee25ee82a0df36028065e46793785aa.jpg

leog2.thumb.jpg.567a243d5ac64e3666b721a4285b2a68.jpg

lego4.thumb.jpg.441e06e4668405531537f900d1da820c.jpg

Seems that the only thing that animates correctly is the robe itself. All the limbs and the belt just stay in the default position during the animation.

Other attacks seem fine, it's just the dual wield Callous Execution that is doing this. Even Callous Execution with other weapon types is fine.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1

I've also been going over all the rarity tier 14 items in blueprint.txt as I'm going to be bumping their weightedprob in drop.txt and stumbled upon this unique Dryad armor piece:

Spoiler

newBlueprint = {
  id = 3285,
  name = "armor_unique_unused_19",
  palettebits = "1111111111111111",
  dmgvariation = 0,
  minconstraints = {20,14,0},
  lvljump = 10,
  usability = 0,
  allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},
  uniquename = "unique",
  specialuseonly = 0,
  bonusgroup0 = {752,1000,5,9,0},
  bonusgroup1 = {751,1000,5,9,0},
  itemtypes = {8605,},
  wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DRYADIN',},
}
mgr.createBlueprint(3285, newBlueprint);

I presume it is an unused leftover (as the name implies) and it also only has a bronze and gold socket as its bonuses and nothing else so obviously unfinished.

What I'm interested in however, is the itemtype (8605), specifically how it looks. It shares the item model with 3 other helmets, but has it's own surface:

("dr-magic-helmet-var2_n").

So it is obviously a color variation of an existing helmet but can never be seen in the game as the only item it is used by is unfinished/does not drop.

Does this surface exist or was it also unfinished? I'd be interested in seeing how it actually looks, if it exists that is.

One more question - I couldn't figure out what this was:

Spoiler

newBlueprint = {
  id = 3274,
  name = "armor_unique_he_xy_8",
  palettebits = "1111111111111111",
  dmgvariation = 0,
  minconstraints = {50,14,2},
  lvljump = 20,
  usability = 0,
  allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},
  uniquename = "unique",
  specialuseonly = 0,
  bonusgroup0 = {538,1250,1,9,0},
  bonusgroup1 = {873,1150,1,9,0},
  bonusgroup2 = {821,1200,1,9,0},
  bonusgroup3 = {752,1000,5,9,0},
  bonusgroup4 = {751,1000,5,9,0},
  itemtypes = {7960,8625,9173,10423,10588,11328,12812,},
  wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_SERAPHIM','WEARGROUP_DRYADIN','WEARGROUP_CENTURIO','WEARGROUP_TEMPLEGUARDIAN','WEARGROUP_INQUISITOR','WEARGROUP_HIGHELVE','WEARGROUP_DRAGONMAGE',},
}
mgr.createBlueprint(3274, newBlueprint);

It is some unique helmet that can drop for every class. I presumed Bunny Ears at first, but this item is actually present in the drop lists, meaning it can drop. I assume that the Bunny Ears can only be gotten from the quest and I can't think of any other piece that all.

EDIT:

For the 2nd question, after scouring the wiki, I think I know what that item is:

https://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Helmet_of_Insanity

I had no idea it was an all class unique. I took it for a Seraphim only item because that's the only character I've ever seen it on :Just_Cuz_21:. Good to know that all the classes have access to what is arguably the best helmet in the game.

Edited by idbeholdME
1 hour ago, idbeholdME said:

What I'm interested in however, is the itemtype (8605), specifically how it looks.

There's nothing really special about that itemtype, it's also a normal-tier helmet.  You can find it in blueprint 1240, "hero_helmet_ornamented_fight_normal".  Visit any merchant with your Dryad and you'll likely spot it.  I deemed the would-be unique too unfinished for PFP.

1 hour ago, idbeholdME said:

I had no idea it was an all class unique. I took it for a Seraphim only item because that's the only character I've ever seen it on :Just_Cuz_21:. Good to know that all the classes have access to what is arguably the best helmet in the game.

Yeah it's a very rare drop and, when I tried adding it a quest reward in other mods, it seemed to be random which variant you'd get. Same as with the Fool's Cap and some other "all class" helmets. Just a crapshoot.

I think the helmet of insanity is a reference to Sacred: Underworld's Hood of Madness, one of the few non-weapon all-class-uniques. The only other one I can remember is the amulet you get for the Bounty-Hunter quest, which is a secret (and rather boring) questline without logbook entries. I think it was called "Medal of Honor" or "Star of Ancaria" or something like that.

Ah, so much nostalgia :D

11 hours ago, Flix said:

There's nothing really special about that itemtype, it's also a normal-tier helmet.  You can find it in blueprint 1240, "hero_helmet_ornamented_fight_normal".  Visit any merchant with your Dryad and you'll likely spot it.  I deemed the would-be unique too unfinished for PFP.

Yeah, it is just a 4th color variant of an existing helmet. The other 3 are used and can be seen in the game. I was just wonderimg what color this unused variant was. And whether anyone has ever seen it. Although, I could probably find that helmet type and then try changing the surfaces of all of them to the unused one to check? A never before seen color variation? :oooo:

4 hours ago, Lindor said:

I think the helmet of insanity is a reference to Sacred: Underworld's Hood of Madness, one of the few non-weapon all-class-uniques. The only other one I can remember is the amulet you get for the Bounty-Hunter quest, which is a secret (and rather boring) questline without logbook entries. I think it was called "Medal of Honor" or "Star of Ancaria" or something like that.

Ah, so much nostalgia :D

I really haven't seen most uniques, especially non-weapons in Sacred 1. Only ever played 1 character to completion. Quickly glancing through the database, there are some incredible pieces.

And yes, seeing the name, Helmet of Insanity very likely is a continuation of the Hood of Madness.

It's not unused, that's what I'm trying to tell you. That exact variant with those exact textures is used as just a normal helmet. Check the blueprint I mentioned.  It contains the exact same itemtype as that unique.  Same itemtype= same model and textures. 

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Flix said:

It's not unused, that's what I'm trying to tell you. That exact variant with those exact textures is used as just a normal helmet. Check the blueprint I mentioned.  It contains the exact same itemtype as that unique.  Same itemtype= same model and textures. 

Oh, right. I see it now. Thanks for pointing it out.

One thing I noticed. The DoT visual effect from spells does not show up on primary targets, only the secondary ones. Was testing it out with Frost Flare, that has a very small base Area of Effect. Here is an example screen:

doteffect.thumb.jpg.ba9a6a0bdc4fd4b43697e7e3710056bb.jpg

The Frost Flare was targeted at the Kobold and the Boar was inside the splash radius so it got hit too. Both are taking the ice DoT damage, but only the Boar has the Ice DoT effect on him.

I am using the vanilla s2render.dll. IIRC, it has been said earlier in the thread, that this file actually contained the restored DoT visual effects. So I assumed that they would not show up at all in my game, but to my surprise, they apparently do, but only on the secondary targets. Could this behavior be explained somehow?

Edited by idbeholdME
20 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Could this behavior be explained somehow?

I mean not to sound like a smart-ass but this is the explanation:

20 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

I am using the vanilla s2render.dll.

Swap it out for the fixed one if you'd like to see how it looks when all affected targets display the FX.

17 hours ago, Flix said:

Swap it out for the fixed one if you'd like to see how it looks when all affected targets display the FX.

Oh, I know the patched file fixes it. I just thought that before, these effects were broken completely so was just surprised to see them even though I'm using the original file, as I was expecting them to not exist at all in my game. But it it's just the application of the effect on the main target that was broken. Never realized that.

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, kubitoid said:

another small question. what will happen if I replace pfp1.4 blueprint, drop and equipsets txt files with files from ee3.2a

thx in advance :d_dance:

It is inadvisable to mix the scripts from these two mods. If you copied only those files over you would have a large number of missing and undroppable items, items without models, items without textures, items without icons, enemies missing equipment, etc. The game can also crash whenever it tries to drop an undroppable item.

You need the full set of scripts as well as all the files in the pak folders.

• Thanks! 1
13 hours ago, Flix said:

You need the full set of scripts as well as all the files in the pak folders

as expected its deeper than simple exchange of some txt. very sad coz EE is amazing improvement of vanilla in every aspect but I strongly dislike density of enemies, increased difficulty (even on silver! and its w/o superspawn and difficulty ramp-up modes) and that blacksmith extra enhancements that turn every armor modifier to blacksmith. if its possible to tweak those things as they were in vanilla then it would be perfect for me personally. if not then im afraid im back to new grim dawn 1.2.0 version

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

Replace balance.txt with PFP's file.

all done. ty :bow: much better now

btw who is that with id 1929 in creatures.txt  ?

Funny, I'm staying on 1.1.98 for the foreseeable future.

I stopped following their discord few months ago and didnt read patchnotes before upgrading from 1.1.9.8 so I believed it will be fine coz its grim dawn after all. I regret it now but oh well :d_dance:

Edited by kubitoid
added
  • Appreciation 1
  • 1 month later...

@Flix I recently downloaded the most recent Community Patch and then activated the Purist Fixpack with the Generic Mod Enabler. I am loving the graphics with the Trimmed Elite Textures and the improvements that have been so painstakingly undertaken. :bow:

I noticed that the quest Suspicion doesn't trigger. The commander never offers the quest upon completion of the rat infestation.

:JC-tumbleweed:

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I recently downloaded the most recent Community Patch and then activated the Purist Fixpack with the Generic Mod Enabler

These two are not meant to be combined. Purist Fixpack alone is sufficient.

• Thanks! 1
19 hours ago, Flix said:

These two are not meant to be combined. Purist Fixpack alone is sufficient.

The instructions indicate, "PFP only requires the base game + Ice & Blood with the latest official patch 2.65.2 (or, in other words, Sacred 2 Gold from GOG or Steam)."

It may be somewhat confusing to others as well, as the Community Patch might be thought of as "the latest official patch."

So then, installing the GOG or Steam version already includes the patch?

Do I need to reinstall the game and start a new character? Or should I "disable" the Patch? I haven't experienced any other unusual issues.

Please re-read the first post in the thread. All the answers to your questions are there. I doubt I could re-phrase in a more clear or concise manner.

I would recommend to start over from scratch, if you want to use the Purist Fixpack.