Updated: Dagger Stare - please review/edit

I would mention the the frequency of pulses is about 1 sec per pulse (or whatever time it is :D )

under Cons

DS doesn't leech

Under Pros

While on horseback there's no animation delay (don't have to stop to cast)

Nice work here guys. Masteff, that's great content . Those pages for Combat Arts are open to any kind of ideas and submissions that anyone has with adding new content and even changing anything already there. Notes is open to as much content and insight into Combat Arts as anyone can think of.

And regarding pics, Masteff, adding pics is open to anyone who's got a good one for SacredWiki. Ari, me, Epox, nightwolfe schot, lots of others have been adding pics they find.

If you have a good one just get it uploaded to bucket and then put the link in where the old one is now.

We can then come in later and then and add it into the main wiki account for photobucket until we get enough space one day to actually be able to upload pics directly into the wiki.

:D

gogo

• 6 months later...

Hi there

my two cents, to be added or not

In the pros :

- DS hits through walls

In the cons :

DS doesn't :

- split

- trigger gold drop from hit

DS does :

- hit only 1 opponent every second (every other area spell affects every mob in range, ring of ice, poison ring, choir)

And as far as I've noticed, DS deals phy dmg, and is resisted.

Cya

however it is true that DS only does 'basic' physical damage, sets like lorgar can easily add poison damage, which is affected by charisma. And blood damage is offcourse available through andiell's set.

And the 1 hit is true, thus making it more of a back-up skill. But it can be cast on partymembers aswell, suddenly making it far more versatile.

A party of 4 needs allmost only the DS skill to completely, and safely, kill anything in sight.

DS is more a 'backup skill' in the sense that it allows you to weaken some of your opponents before they get to you, while not affecting your attack speed in the proces.

Basically, the same skill could say: - every 1 second a random enemy loses X% of it's hitpoints. With that, making the awesome damaging blows for the barbarian, absolutely killing, instead of severely weakening.

Offcourse with the right equipment, any blow from a glad will kill your enemy, and DS alone will do the trick too. But when ascaron designed it, it was ment to be a skill to aid the gladiator by weakening it's opponents.

I believe I read that somewhere on the OSF back in the days.

Grtz, prom

however it is true that DS only does 'basic' physical damage, sets like lorgar can easily add poison damage, which is affected by charisma. And blood damage is offcourse available through andiell's set.

And the 1 hit is true, thus making it more of a back-up skill. But it can be cast on partymembers aswell, suddenly making it far more versatile.

A party of 4 needs allmost only the DS skill to completely, and safely, kill anything in sight.

DS is more a 'backup skill' in the sense that it allows you to weaken some of your opponents before they get to you, while not affecting your attack speed in the proces.

Basically, the same skill could say: - every 1 second a random enemy loses X% of it's hitpoints. With that, making the awesome damaging blows for the barbarian, absolutely killing, instead of severely weakening.

Offcourse with the right equipment, any blow from a glad will kill your enemy, and DS alone will do the trick too. But when ascaron designed it, it was ment to be a skill to aid the gladiator by weakening it's opponents.

Grtz, prom

From days back, when my level 100+ glad was still alive (chat + space bar for pot in HC), he was a full DS build (assisted by fad and/or stomping jump). If DS is pumped high enough, it isn't a backup skill anymore. Andiell (Far sight) + DW Fad's Axe (optional but leeches+splits :P) + DS + Stomping Jump and it's done, just running in circles in the valley to grab goblins two or three screens away from you :) sometimes switching to a big bad 2-handed sword + a big FotG Combo to kill big bad foes !

Be careful, I got scared once as I was kicking D'Cay's butt and triggered DS instead of FotG; thus grabbing all the skellies around !

Grtz, prom

Indeed, but ascaron never intended it to be a main skill. or at least I seem to have a vivant memory of that being the words of an ascaron personnel member on the OSF. I did a quick search there, but I cant seem to find it anymore.

Grtz, prom

Indeed, but ascaron never intended it to be a main skill. or at least I seem to have a vivant memory of that being the words of an ascaron personnel member on the OSF. I did a quick search there, but I cant seem to find it anymore.

Sure, an assist skill just as RBoL lol :P