Question about weapon statistics

I am new to sacred and I'm just wondering, on staves, there is a physical damage and a magic damage

I was just wondering if the higher magic would affect the power of spells when you cast or if the magic damage is kind of like elemetal damage mod where on top of the physical damage, the monster also takes some magic damage

thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum darkpaladinzz! I'm sure you will find this a wonderful place to find information, and to just hang out.

Any attack can inflict damage of 4 different types - physical, fire, magic or poison - usually not more than 2 of these for any one weapon, though. These are "elemental" types and do not affect spells. Some equipment does have a +x% to Magic Damage, which will affect any magic damage including spells (similar for other elemental types as well) or +x% to spell damage too.

Again, welcome -- and take a peek at the Wiki too! Loads of good stuff there.

gial

There are a couple different ways damage is presented (xx=a random number). There are also 4 types of damage, Physical, Fire, Poison and Magic. The following examples are typical of what you'll find on a weapon.

"Magic xx-xx" this is base magic damage for melee/ranged only (instead of Magic it could be Fire, Physical or Poison)

"Weapon Damage Magic + xx% Strength (or any other attribute) A percentage of an attribute added to melee Base Magic Damage.

"Magic Spell +xx%" This modifier will be applied to Magic Spell Base Damage

Magic Damage +xx% This modifier will affect both Spell and Melee Base Magic Damage

When I refer to Base Damage it means the damage of a particular type without any modifiers. Hopefully I got this all right. As you can see it can get quite complex.

thanks for the replys

When I refer to Base Damage it means the damage of a particular type without any modifiers. Hopefully I got this all right. As you can see it can get quite complex.

yes.. ive played diablo II before, so many things in the game are quite familiar

I was just unsure of whether or not the magic damage is taken into account for spell damage considering I find only staves have them and just wanted to make sure

sorry for the noobness but just another quick question

are there difference between the lighter and the darker slots in items for imbueing:)

and is it true that if I imbue an item of my class into an item that is meant for another class I will be able to use that item?

Edited by darkpaladinzz

No you can't bypass class, but you can bypass skill requirement on an item that way. So even if you don't have a skill an item required all is not lost.

p.s. there's also "secret damage" type, usually from a full set (I.e. ice damage, holy damage, etc). These bypass all resistances.

seraphim's BFG CA also bypass all resistances, even though it is listed as physical in game.

Yes, different color sockets imbue different level bonuses. To be honest I never really worried about them. But check this link here. It's a socketing guide on the Sacred Official Forum. And don't worry about asking questions. We were all NOOBs at one point playing this game too:)

thanks for the replys

sorry for the noobness but just another quick question

are there difference between the lighter and the darker slots in items for imbueing:)

and is it true that if I imbue an item of my class into an item that is meant for another class I will be able to use that item?

Knuckles answered the first part, and myles the second, but I want to add that you can use a rune of another class to obtain the secondary benefits. Example: a non-vampiress can socket one of the runes that grants 3% life steal, and get that bonus. The vampiress skill will not, however, be available.

Hi Dark, as mentioned up above, any item can do any damage, depending on what is listed on the item's stat sheet. You can have a weapon that only does fire damage, as well as, let's say a weapon that does fire AND physical damage...two types. Plus each weapon can have it's own mods that mod attributes or skills, thereby increasing again the damage that the weapon does by increasing, for example, strength...which increases your damage done with a small percentage of fire ^^

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sleep%27s_Brother

I'm pretty sure that all weapons do physical damage for starters...am I right here guys? HOwever, lol...most monsters have the highest resistance to physical damage as well

Quick write up of sockets here as well:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sockets

:)

gogo