scripts/shared/spells and the intracacies of that.

Okay. So the spells in Sacred2 are defined in a file that has a lot of entries that look a lot like this:

Spoiler

mgr.defineSpell( "boss_firedemon_strike", {
    eiStateName = "cSMFiredemonStrike",
    fxTypeCast = "",
    fxTypeSpell = "",
    fxTypeCastSpecial = "",
    duration = 5.000000,
    animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM03",
    animTypeApproach = "",
    animTypeRide = "",
    animTypeSpecial = "",
    causesSpellDamage = 0,
    tokens = {

entry1 = {"et_AW_rel", 400, 100, 0, 5 },
        entry2 = {"et_baseAW", 100, 75, 0, 5 },
    },
    fightDistance = 525.000000,
    aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",
    cooldown = 2.000000,
    soundProfile = 0,
    cost_level = 200,
    cost_base = 300,
    focus_skill_name = "skill__enemy_focus",
    lore_skill_name = "skill__enemy_lore",
    spellClass = "cSpellSMove",
    spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_weapon_attack",
    sorting_rank = 0,
})

I don't know if there is a thread about this already. But I have a million (well many) questions about it. Let me start out with asking:

Does anybody know exactly what the last number in the entries like this: entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1000, 5, 0, 9 },

stand for (the 9). the first number is weight/increase initially. The second is further increase by level (runes read or mob level (I guess)) and the third is 0-6 where 0 is applied up front and 1-6 is mod choices for the CA (only hero CA's as far as I can tell)).. but the fouth number eludes me. I think it may be what kind of application the numbers have.. is it applied to and attack, base stats of something or something else. If that is true, does anybody have a complete list of numbers (and effect) you can enter there?!

Hi,

3 kids and 3 grand children ago I had the same question and created a topic. The 4th entry seems to be 8bit number(flags) about how the combat art is to be executed.

• Like! 1

that motto (sorry about your chief and his funeral) is kind of hard to translate well into englighs don't you think, Chattius?! We say 'næste' in Denmark as well :)

And thanks for the link!

Edited by Xylothia
typo
  • Haha 1
On 1/3/2022 at 5:23 PM, Xylothia said:

Does anybody know exactly what the last number in the entries like this: entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1000, 5, 0, 9 },

While it, sometimes, depends on the spell token used(subentry0), the general breakdown is, as follows:

subentry1 - initial value

subentry2 - value increment per spell level

subentry3 - spell enhancement level, when the entry becomes active. For obvious reasons should be 0 for NPC's

subentry4 - the most interesting one, the processing function ID. Should not be tampered with by the novices.

On 1/3/2022 at 9:23 AM, Xylothia said:

Okay. So the spells in Sacred2 are defined in a file that has a lot of entries that look a lot like this:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know if there is a thread about this already. But I have a million (well many) questions about it. Let me start out with asking:

stand for (the 9). the first number is weight/increase initially. The second is further increase by level (runes read or mob level (I guess)) and the third is 0-6 where 0 is applied up front and 1-6 is mod choices for the CA (only hero CA's as far as I can tell)).. but the fouth number eludes me. I think it may be what kind of application the numbers have.. is it applied to and attack, base stats of something or something else. If that is true, does anybody have a complete list of numbers (and effect) you can enter there?!

Hi Xylothia@

I missed your entry to our little community... welcome to the wild world of DarkMatters!

:dance:

gogo