Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1

Yarasa

I kind of surprise, because BHJ didn't send it yet :D

Of course I didn't install it. Very risky to use any Microsoft product. And if they are beta, risk is goes way out of hand. Just sending here if anyone interested.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...ess/Install.htm

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 - Windows Vista

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/4...sta-x86-ENU.exe

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 - Window XP SP2

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/e...sXP-x86-ENU.exe

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 - Windows Server 2003

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/c...003-x86-ENU.exe

Ok - I loaded it because I was bored when I stumbled across it the other day - It would not even open my Hotmail - just hung - It has a 'emulate IE 7' button - which I used - but same result. I never use IE anyway except for Windows updates etc - What did give me a chuckle was the main new feature they seemed to push was something firefox has had for as long as I can remember. The ability to drag links to the tab bar. I would stay away. I won't experiment further. I should know better - lol

I kind of surprise, because BHJ didn't send it yet :D

Of course I didn't install it. Very risky to use any Microsoft product.

hahahah

Yarasa, that one busted a gut here all the way over in Montreal.

Great topic

And...dom dom dom ...did you guys know that Firefox three is coming out?

Beta:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

ooooh, the browser wars

And dang right I'm not gonna install explorer eight

:D

gogo

Oh looks like Firefox 3 has the Explorer devs running eh, haha. Let's hope they never forget CSS compliance!. lol Anestty. Beeee careful. :D So Microsoft is back to cloning is it? ^^

Let's hope they never forget CSS compliance!.

I hate those css problems. IE7 killed me (and still does). Hopefully firefox 3 will not follow his competitor.

Being a microsoft groupy, I thought about downloading it--but I am already using the Service Pack 3 RC1 or is it 2?

I am going to have to investigate this firefox. I installed it once, some time ago but did not like it for some reason.

I am going to have to investigate this firefox. I installed it once, some time ago but did not like it for some reason.

It takes a bit of time getting used to the tabs...but after seven days...you'll wonder how you ever surfed without it. I was a diehard explorer until Schot forced me to the light

:sweating:

gogo

It takes a bit of time getting used to the tabs...but after seven days...you'll wonder how you ever surfed without it. I was a diehard explorer until Schot forced me to the light

:)

gogo

Okay, I'm going to download it now and perhaps even the email client. But what am I going for, Firefox 2008 or Firefox 2?

I have firefox 2 loaded up on mine.

remember, half the fun is setting up your browser with all the nifty skins, themes and additions.

I think there's a thread around here somewhere with stuff like that on it, lemme find it...

:)

gogo

Ah cool Sil. Hope it works well for you. :) I'd suggest downloading from the official site. Download Firefox

And then check out the popular firefox addons topic here on the forum. :)

Firefox addons

And if you get stuck with anything there's certainly plenty of folks that can help.

I kind of surprise, because BHJ didn't send it yet :P

Hmmm how did I manage to now see this post :D (it must be my Microsoft beta filter that kicked in) hehe

oooh and btw it blocks access to windows update :)

Eeeeeep - Im a BETA freak - Now I have Firefox 3 Beta - seems fine but plugins don't work yet and I need them a lot - so have not done much with it :o

Without plugins, I don't think I could handle firefox :o

Eeeeeep - Im a BETA freak - Now I have Firefox 3 Beta - seems fine but plugins don't work yet and I need them a lot - so have not done much with it :o

Without plugins, I don't think I could handle firefox :4rofl:

This addon here can force firefox to use extensions that it considers to be incompatible. Of course this can cause bugs to appear, but most extensions usually work without any major problems.

Edited by Indy13