Blazing tempest question - How does size or direction of wave affect damage or chance to burn?

so ive played an ice elf a fair amount and the spell glacial thorns can be either spread around by clicking close to my char when casting it or aimed precisely in 1 direction by clicking at the very edge of my screen when I cast it. ive noticed blazing tempest seems to work similarly but I havent really noticed an increase in damage when casting a smaller wave, so I want to know does the smaller one do more damage/have higher changce to burn or something? or what is the use of this skill working in this way?

• The title was changed to Blazing tempest question - How does size or direction of wave affect damage or chance to burn?

Tovie, I'm not sure exactly on the mechanics of Blazing Tempest... I tried a fire elf just once, and I was so unhappy with the way she leveled and meteors seemed to be the singular best way to take down bosses...now matter how i scaled it i just couldnt seem to get a fireball build that was strong enough to melt down bosses on its own.

PIty

However... dom dom dom ... I found an old members' SWEET Fire build which he loved using on servers with us. Dobri LOVED the mechanics of this game and one of his hobbies was building immortal (one hundred percent mitigation) builds... :D   

Have a look at his fire build? And perhaps some other members here who've done extensive work with the HIgh Elf would have some feed back as well? Good luck with your Pyro !!

As well... a Mod here Katran (he was a big helper with the Wiki in the old days and led a lot of games we all used to play aside from Sacred absolutely loved his fire build which he called Flame On... (fantastic four homage...eeeeyah! :bounce:

Dobri also put together a very detailed guide, with timing of skill choices, equipment and reviews of a dual aspect offensive build which could be of interest:

• Appreciation 1

I was using the kat guide to help me decide what mods to pick for my combat arts :)

I agree with you on the fireball, I never use it. but that was no surprise to me as with the ice elf I have the iceball is basically the same spell but with ice damage and I also never use it.

blazing tempest seems to be the mobclearer, it does a good job at it but only on certain terrains, so its not as good as the ice spells. for bosskilling the meteor spell works well, not as powerfull as the ice shards  but keeps the enemy stunned for most of the fight so bosses go down easy enough

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, tovie said:

I was using the kat guide to help me decide what mods to pick for my combat arts :)

I agree with you on the fireball, I never use it. but that was no surprise to me as with the ice elf I have the iceball is basically the same spell but with ice damage and I also never use it.

blazing tempest seems to be the mobclearer, it does a good job at it but only on certain terrains, so its not as good as the ice spells. for bosskilling the meteor spell works well, not as powerfull as the ice shards  but keeps the enemy stunned for most of the fight so bosses go down easy enough

I found Ice Shards to be the absolute killer for Wood Elf...  it was decent with mob mowing and absolutely amazing with Boss Killing

I just wish that there had been another way to go forward with fire rather than always having to end up using the meteors... I have a pyromancer somewhere, maybe even uploaded it ... but it just never had the OOomph of an ice elf... have you seen Hooyaah's Ice elfs as well? He's done a whole tour of Ancaria taking out bosses

:D

gogo

ps 

• Like! 1

It is helpful to mention, that the combat art modifier, Combat art range +X%, works great with Blazing Tempest. However, with Incendiary Shower the boulders are spread out and the effectiveness is reduced. When killing bosses, it is always best to focus the boulders into a small area, thereby eliminating the target quickly. :Laie_34:

Conversely, Blazing Tempest works very well with an increase of range. It makes it a trifle problematic, the conflict between these two Combat Arts.

• Thanks! 1
11 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

It is helpful to mention, that the combat art modifier, Combat art range +X%, works great with Blazing Tempest. However, with Incendiary Shower the boulders are spread out and the effectiveness is reduced. When killing bosses, it is always best to focus the boulders into a small area, thereby eliminating the target quickly. :Laie_34:

Conversely, Blazing Tempest works very well with an increase of range. It makes it a trifle problematic, the conflict between these two Combat Arts.

The optimal way would probably be to use the weapon slots for this, so gear with CAR+X% (vrum vrum, muhaha) on a slot for general use with BT, and then another slot with a different itemisation for using IS for bosses. Sounds about right. :thumbsup:

I do remember old discussions about this issue with IS, and Hooyaah is right on the money, you do want to focalize your meteors into a small radius for boss killing. The Wiki entry for the CA has a few tips.

• Thanks! 1

Arrant Pyromancer was my first character back then.

From what I remember, BT only ever hits once. Doesn't matter how you cast it. So no reason not go for full circles most of the time. Probably the best CA for farming in the game. Just run into a horde, kite for a while, then send a Tempest behind you to kill everything with the fire DoT.

Fireball was great for single targets and enemies that tend to move a lot. Packs a punch and the homing makes it very usable. With 2 Area of Effect damage dealing, homing fireballs, it can easily work as your main CA. Not to mention it's basically your only option when terrain is not in your favor for BT. Similarly, I found the Frost Flare for Ice Elf very useful too, be it the massive slow or stacking DoTs.

Incendiary Shower is the boss killer of course, able to perma-stun bosses. I only used it against tough/large enemies/bosses,but it's damn good at what it does. Personally found it much safer to use than Glacial Thorns, which requires the enemy to be still and can be very problematic to cast correctly, especially against large bosses like the dragons.

Combat Art range is good, but absolutely not necessary on a fire Elf, even potentially counterproductive with the Shower. Much more useful on the Ice and Arcania elves.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
On 4/6/2024 at 1:02 PM, tovie said:

The build below is my favorite for a High Elf pyromancer; it is explained very thoroughly. :evil:

5 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

The build below is my favorite for a High Elf pyromancer; it is explained very thoroughly. :evil:

That’s it !! I was looking for his build .. great find Steve !

💪

gogo

• Thanks! 1
5 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

That’s it !! I was looking for his build .. great find Steve !

💪

gogo

My Ice Elf Build below is similar the Loco's build, yet modified for the Ice Elf. The key is that the shield, primary weapon, and jewelry must serve, working in harmony, to properly augment and enhance each build for maximum effect.

• Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

My Ice Elf Build below is similar the Loco's build, yet modified for the Ice Elf. The key is that the shield, primary weapon, and jewelry must serve, working in harmony, to properly augment and enhance each build for maximum effect.

I used this guide for guidance on my own ice elf, its a great build extremely powerful char love the detailed explanations on what ca mods to choose, that helped a lot. the only thing that bothers me so far is that putting a skill in a combo alone decreases the regen but it stops it being boosted by casting speed. my cd is currently 1.4 seconds with 100+ chance to half regen time so 0.7 actual casting time, I need casting speed to cast at that tempo. this has made me think that the combat discipline skill might be better not picked as a caster if not using combos.

• Like! 1
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Are you playing vanilla/console? Because that is a vanilla bug that got fixed in pretty much any community mod (PFP, CM Patch, etc.).

Either way, you can always increase the CA level to increase power/cooldown.

I was not aware this was fixed and just kinda always assumed it was still like that hahaha. dang then ive been underpowered by not utilizing my solo combos :D

I retract my above statement then it seems that build is a good as it gets, hehe

Edited by tovie
  • Like! 1
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 1:35 AM, lujate said:

If console, check out Console Versions:Execution Speed here:

https://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Combo

the text at the bottom of this page;

"Combo execution speed is always determined by your Attack Speed (even if the only Combat Art in the combo is a "spell".) Because of this it is recommended to have a way to boost your attack speed if you want to use combos. The most simple way to do this is to use a weapon skill and equip the weapon of the skill of your choice (e.g. choose Sword Weapons and equip a sword or choose Dual Wield and equip 2 one-handed weapons). attack speed can also be boosted by some Combat Arts (e.g. Seraphim's Dashing Alacrity) and some pieces of equipment (notably rings and amulets)."

is that true in cm and ee?

Edited by tovie
  • Like! 1
22 hours ago, lujate said:

That refers to the console version (ps3 & Xbox360), which is a fork of any early build of the base Sacred 2.  It was fixed in the I&B xpac, if not before.

Oh. Right. I missed the note above that.

The bug was present until patch 2.40. So the base game with Ice & Blood has the bug fixed already and you don't even need any community fixes.

Posted (edited)

very good to know, I had no idea spells and combos showed that casting speed info. ill be looking at that from now on. thx

Edited by tovie
  • Like! 1