My wife and I have been on a diet since the beginning of this year.

In the main we have stuck to it and have both lost about 1kg per week.

For people not in the know, apparently that is a good and healthy amount to aspire to per week.

But believe me people......dieting is not fun.

You have to give up most of your pleasures and also have to start *cough* exercising.

So far it has worked for my wife and I, but we hit a moment of weakness today. :lol:

Not having much in the freezer to feed everyone (its been a month of very little income) we luckily found some frozen forequarter lamb chops.

Now,,, for those of you that don't know lamb forequarter chops I will give you my description.

They are a lamb chop that comes from the front leg of the lamb. They have a rib shaped bone in them and they have a ring of fat around them.

In aussie land they are usually a cheap piece of meat.

But cooked under a grill...to the state of total burnout..they are superb.

Crunchy, tasty, and even tender is what they turn out to be.

Unfortunately they contain lots of saturated fat.....about the same as a piece of bacon .....so not all that great for a dieter.

But anyways, the misses and I decided to join the kids in a feast of these delicacies and what a great feast it was.

A wonderful meal around the dinning room table and lots of talk about the weekend. :D Both my wife and I limited ourselves to one one chop each, but it was hard not to have another.

I will have to work hard at my diet this week now to make up for all this, but it was well worth it.

Just wanted to share with you guys a day in the life of stubbie :hugs:

stubbs

Good to see you are still keeping to your diet Stubbie, and you know what they say you should not deny yourself an indulgence otherwise you will just crave it more and more. So having your chop and eating it too :hugs: is good for the soul. :lol:

Ah good on yah for sticking to it so well stubbie. I can certainly relate to the pains of cutting a habit from your life. Not fun indeed! I must say it is great to read that you have held to your personal promise. No doubt a challenge and surely can be a real drag at times. But I bet you're feeling great about it in the end. It is food though after all and can't completely cut that off. It's probably quite healthy for your determination to have a treat once in a while though. Couldn't agree with Funki more. Or your taste buds for that matter, haha.

Hang tight stubbie! :D

As for the nasty thing of exercise, remember that even muscle at rest burns calories, so starting with the bigger muscles can rev up your fat burning the quickest.

Though of course sit ups to tone the abs gives the advantage of helping keep that gut sucked in, which helps w/ self-esteem and reinforces the positive benefits of the effort.

On more general note: my biggest dieting foe is the vending machine at work. I buy protein bars at the store to snack on instead of Snickers bars. While they have roughly the same calories, the better nutritional content of the protein bars makes me feel better and the protein itself helps me feel satisfied longer (so I get less mid-day cravings).

Stubbie, I'm happy to see you and your wife are into the health so much. You know, exercise can seem like such a drudge, but... sneaking it into every day activities really does it for me.

For example, on the way to work, instead of waiting in that line of peeps waiting to take the escalators...I usually leap up the stairs... all aflush when I reach the top in an exultant yowl... of course casting smirk (lol, sorry can't help it) at everyone stuck in the lines.

I also usually just take the elevator up to one floor before I have to get off and run the stairs. I"m looking forward to the summer time when I can get off the bus a stop early and enjoy the scenery on the way to work.

My mom said to me that because she goes to the gym every day and lifts weights... it's very much helped her well-being and if she misses a day at the gym, she goes bananas.

She says that she loves the feeling that exercise gives her, and that whenever she looks at food, she can't but keep the relationship it would mean to her at the gym in turns of more time spent killing off the evil calories

:D

gogo

she can't but keep the relationship it would mean to her at the gym in turns of more time spent killing off the evil calories

Lol...I can relate to that. I have stopped myself on many occasions from having a piece of food I know is not diet friendly because I know that will mean another hour of exercise.

There is one benefit though. I can allow myself on Friday nights to go down to the club and have a few beers. :) because I know that on Saturday I can work them off on the treadmill :lol:

Though it can be real torture if I have had too many beers on the Friday i7pfrusty.gif

stubbs