Has anyone had success with the Daemon's Dread?

Ugh

I tried sort of hard to make this Combat Art be successful...but the fact that this protection wouldn't move around with you was a real Pain in the Bleep. I even remember running some tests on trying to increase the level of this CA to the point where attacks being made by a monster would show a noticeable decrease...but I was never satisfied.

We're now in the process of trying to fill out this CA Description for the Wiki... and I was wondering if anyone had done more research into it or had gotten the CA up to the point where good results were worth having it on the CA Bar.

If anyone here knows anything about this please post!

:thumbsup:

gogo

I'll do some quick testing, both with and without Dread. If there is an impact, I'll let you know. There may be other Daemon players that have far more experience with this CA than I do.

I hear you Erling... more than anything the CA really dissapointed me..I kept running some tests and it just didn't seem to have any sort of effect that I could appreciate.

DaveO, if you find anything new, I'd be most grateful. You can add your findings to the wiki template for Dread directly:

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Dread

Or just post what you find here and I can add it in after.

Thank you

:3lmao:

gogo

I'll let you know. I've been so busy this week that I've not had a chance to test. When I come back from working, I'll do some tests and post the results.

That's ok DaveO, I will just keep Dread at level 1 then for as long as tests

ar being done. No loss there when it turns out that it doesn't work. :hugs:

This CA looks like it's based on character level, so if your Dread is too low it may not work all the time. It also seems to be perhaps a bit random, since I saw it work against a worm once by knocking its chance to hit as being the same as the CA effect. For my Daemon, she had level 45 Dread and picked some fresh meat just outside of Purgatori. I tried a few different monsters, but saw it work only once. If anybody wants to do further testing, I do believe that better results are obtained much earlier and with significant investment into the CA.

I tested it out with a level 75 Daemon. Tried with no Dread and with Dread at level 50, 100, 150 and 200. I couldn't see any difference in any scenario, With no Dread was getting hit approx 1/2 the time. With level 200 Dread (enemies def/atk reduced to 4%) I got hit about the same amount.

Maybe this was bugged in a recent patch or something. I know a few Dwarf/Daemon things were affected in either 2.24 or 2.28 patch

Nice video Erling except for one sliiiight problem. You actually weren't in the dread circle for very long after the casting of it completed. Makes it a bit hard to decide how well it is working. What you could try is to make a video that is 30 seconds long and make the first 15 seconds about your Daemon being attacked without Dread and the next 15 seconds with Dread. That will show very well how the Dread is working. :D

Location, scenario and vid quality are perfect!

Nice vid

Erling, maybe consider taking the toon to Softcore Open?

This way you can eat a TON of runes and see if a super duper uber high level has any effects that are standard are not.

:D

gogo

Knuckles, I remember when me and Schot were trying some tests on this. We checked the monster's "to hit" before and after we killed it within the dread circle...just to see if the spell had any real effect on the monster's attack values.

No luck with Dread at level 50 by doing this.

I don't think I ever got the dread up level 200 like you did though.

It's sounding like this CA is indeed bugged.

:D

gogo

It's Sunday Erling, everyone's lazy today :D

I do appreciate your work on helping out, thank you.

And I just merged this one with the other Dread thread so that we can keep all the experimenting together. Hopefully we'll have a final answer soon.

:3lmao:

gogo

Knuckles, I remember when me and Schot were trying some tests on this. We checked the monster's "to hit" before and after we killed it within the dread circle...just to see if the spell had any real effect on the monster's attack values.

No luck with Dread at level 50 by doing this.

That figure might not change, not all CAs/spells modify the to-hit value as recorded on the character page/tab/whatever. The WE's Multi-Shot being one of them.

And I wouldn't have thought that anything would modify the to hit figure after it's dead.

I would think you'd need a Glad with that special set that allows you to see all about an enemy alongside th Daemon. That could be revealing . . .

I believe a Glad using the Dalmar's set just shows base damage and atk/def stats. I don't think it takes into consideration any mods/equip/Combat Arts the player's toon has. Something I can test fairly easily with Glad. Can have CA slot one empty and then switch to say HH or FotG, but I doubt base enemy stats will change.

Edited by Knuckles
I believe a Glad using the Dalmar's set just shows base damage and atk/def stats. I don't think it takes into consideration any mods/equip/Combat Arts the player's toon has. Something I can test fairly easily with Glad. Can have CA slot one empty and then switch to say HH or FotG, but I doubt base enemy stats will change.

But they wouldn't change anything. Hopefully Dalmar's will show that there's a difference in the monster's attack/defence stats when it's under the effect of Dread.

• 4 weeks later...

Okey! I was trying our "popular" CA, the dread! :thumbsup:

It wasn't very high level, but I saw a very big difference.

My toon level was only 22, so I could check only at goblins and orcs, but worked there for me.

I'll see if it work in vot too. :P