The Witcher

I am so looking forward to this game when it's finally finished being made.

Check out the webite for more info.....The Witcher

Its based on the books by a Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski....I have only read parts which were translated to english on the net and so far haven't found them completely translated to english....so if anyone knows whre to find them in English there will be a huge drink for you in the bar. Looks like it will be a cool game though :D;)

Guest gogoblender

I just saw making of The Witcher...awesome!

lol, someone really has a handle on a spiffy way of marketing the production of a video game.

If they put this much effort, brains and polish into completing the product....

Houston....I thiink we have a winner on our hands.

heh, INdy watch out...

Kung Fu mah friend

:blush:

gogo

Guest gogoblender

the names and ideas are really inventive and fresh.

the atmospherics and music are totally like painkiller

amazing

I'm lookin forward to this one

Pure, yeah...hope they have mp as well

llama, gonna get the book, eh?

Great find Erialc

+++

:blush:

gogo

that Andrzej Sapkowski - one of the best fantazy writer what I have read. im not sure if there is anything in english, but you can find him in russian or polish :yawn:. (good think, that I can read in russian :) )

Guest gogoblender

ahhh, so he's doin the narration?

innerestin!

and cool that he got to have so much input into this new media interpretation of his work.

Also Gintukas...I wanna speak russian too!

:yawn:

gogo

Also Gintukas...I wanna speak russian too!

Lol me to Gogo

Gintukas I think I am going to have to wait and see if it ever gets translated to english...I couldn't read it in Polish or Russian :wink_smile[1]:

• 1 year later...

hehe had to resurrect this one. Just finished the game and it's awesome! a little bit crashy but not hugely, just have to remember to save :o Also my sadness at having finished it is not so great as I can now play it again from another angle....*yayyy* The graphics are beautiful, loads of side quests to get lost in and lots of baddies :gun2:

Also *even bigger yayy* the books are finally starting to be translated into English with *the Last Wish' out already and another due in September.

My next yayy is that Projeckt Red are releasing an enhanced version of The Witcher some time really soon, should be round about the next week or so, free for registered games iirc, but it won't stop me paying for it if I have to, thats how much I have enjoyed this game.

*runs off to start the replay :)*

I'm glad you had such a good time with it Claire. Did you know that my cousin gave up WOW for this game? He kept saying that his life's so busy now, that WOW was just too much. And that Witcher was enough to pull him in when he wanted to be pulled in, and, because it was SP... it was perfect.

I'm sort of hoping that more stuff like this comes out... very atmospheric and all... with that glorious feel of craft.

And books on this game no less.

Looks like a good romp

:gun2:

gogo

I previously posted my comments on this game in this thread.

I am seriously considering getting the enhanced version when its released (may 16th) as it seems to address some main gripes I had.

Bad translated dialogue, clumsy alchemy inventory system and poor performance.

I would certainly play the game again if these issues are fixed :gun2:

stubbs

I previously posted my comments on this game in this thread.

maybe they could be merged :o

Where did you get the date of May 16th Stubbie?, I checked the official forum last night and only saw the apology for the delay. I want it now ofc! Patience isn't a virtue of mine :)

As for the dialogue sometimes being a bit iffy I found it quite a charming part of the game though occaisionally irritating, the dialogue in places had me LOL, as for the overall performance I played it with all the settings up high and it ran like a dream well other than the odd crash, which I think I read somewhere that it could be the copy protection :gun2: I have no idea what caused it but I do know I tried lots of settings and none worked more than another so I hiked the graphics back up.

There are certain things I would like to see changed but I'll wait for the enhancement to see what happens.

An interesting article here which maybe addresses some of the issues you have had, lol I love the description of the dialogue at the beginning of the article

>>here<<

Edited by erialc
Where did you get the date of May 16th Stubbie?,

here

The last chapter in the game gave me the greatest grief with graphics...where all the buildings are on fire. At times I was getting 5-10fps. It was horrid.

I also had about 15fps at times in all the towns.

I know my rig is old.....pent 4/3.2ghz, 2 gig ram, ati x800 xt platinum video, so I suppose I should expect that, even with my video settings all at minimum

I also had the occasional unexplained crashes you mentioned, but I'm pretty sure that was from bad coding and I expect patches will fix that. :gun2:

stubbs