Weird and Bizarre Food Combinations

Does anyone eat any weird or bizarre foods or combinations of foods?

I love avocado and Vegemite on toast.....

Some people think its weird..but it tastes delicious!!

Then again many people that are not from Australia think Vegemite is plain bizarre on its own :wink_smile[1]:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouchh! That vegemite kills me :icon8[1]: . You don't need to add avocado on it to be weird :rotfl[1]: . What is wrong with Australian people :D

I like to eat olive+chese+fruit jam on the bread +sometimes adding butter too. Some type of salty sweet mixture. Great taste.

I used to drink cofee+coke for staying awake my exam weeks at uni. When you add cofee on it foams quickly. Taste is not really great (I did not drink regularly) but I guess it keeps you awake enough.

I have to think what else I did.

Guest gogoblender

heh, great thread

probably my fave take on this is a glass of milk mixed with coke or pepsi

k, before you go yak please try it....

amazing!

:blush:

gogo

Guest gogoblender

heh, I merged Equinox's rather out of the box thought salad into this one.

lol, custard and salad?

I think it's found a great place here

Cheers!

gogo

Orange juice and coke! Yum!

I get all sorts of shocked expressions from others when mixing these two. But they're perfect together!

Guest gogoblender

heh, actually I'm a big secret fan of oj and coke

lol, it's the perfect pickerupper at the end of of the night when it's just a tad too late fer coffee

gogo

ok, im trying to quit smoking so im really hungry.

Aur told me I had to put this one down, though I dont think its that weird.

thin rice cakes with vegemite and thinly sliced pickle.

but there is more.

I love anything with vegemite on it. or tomato sauce. I may eat it straight out of the bottle into my mouth... yuk.. but true or just a tomato sauce sandwhich.

Another goodie is pizza pockets heated up and then with whipped cream.

or

the old eating your macdonalds sundae by dipping in your salty chips. thats yum too.

my mum loves red onion and peanut butter sandwhiches.

But my old favourite is sweet and savoury together. you can mix just about anything and it tastes really good.

... but yes... I will make no judgement on anyone else. I just love food.

Lex, you will eat anything...especially when quitting smoking...I swear tonite she has eaten a leg of lamb, about 10 peices of roasted sweet potato and many other various roast vegies, 2 creme caramels, 4 ricecakes with pickle and vegemite :pitcher:, leftover spag bog and a couple of pieces of pizza, watermelon and two iceypoles and I am not joking....she is a pig! But a skinny pig, I dont know how she does it!

Lex and Lamb Leg

Lex and Too Much Lamb

:rotfl[1]:

/lmao

Oh ok...... I might have had a little bit...but honestly she ate like 80% of it!

YUM...lamb rox...poor wittle baby sheepies /sad

Guest gogoblender

funny

I've never been a big fan of lamb...it's that smell

ya see my parents always gave me goat to eat when I was a kid

then...one day I went over to a friend's house and had beef.

ever since then...

I just can't seem to bear the smell or taste of goat.

And lamb is kinda the same, no?

however, once I had it with mint jelly on top and the meat was pink and rare.

quite good!

mightily surprised...

and I've learned to pinch my nose until I get the lamb meat drowned in mint jelly until it's completley smothered.

:)

gogo

I love lamb, roast, chops, shanks /drool YUM.....as for goat.....arghhh....I just dont think I could go there...I know its probably very similar but I couldnt eat goat...thats just weird for me, and I dont like pork tho I love bacon and ham, and they all come from a pig...weird.... /wacko

OMG GoGo you don't like goat? how could you not? those funny creatures were made for curry!! I'll admit they are kind of cute but they are even more cute made into a yummy curry /drool I had goat curry at a festival I was working at years ago and OMG I don't have it very often at all but I can still remember the taste of that first goat curry /drool

We go feed the ducks after school sometimes me n my horde and lol I have to admit I just see those ducks as one of the tastiest things that I could put on my plate...'quack quack quack...yes eat the bread lovely duck, and may you grace my plate' lol poor duckies my kids are 'oohing and ahhing at the ducks feeding from their hands and their evil Mom is seeing a huge variety of dishes on legs /blush

Not too bad eh for someone who didn't eat any meat for almost 7 years /blush

Guest gogoblender

I hear ya about the goat curry erialc

in toronto, goat curry wrapped in fried flour wrappings is the big thing

I can tell it's gonna be tasty and all, and boy is it ever spicy.

it's that smell

man, it gives me childhood nightmares, lol

when it comes to me and meat I like it plain

very plain

I like the taste imbued to it by marinades and dressings, but if the meat itself is very (too?) tasty I kinda get turned off.

heh, can you guess I'm not a fan of game?

lol, make mine bland

red and bloody is fine

but bland is better

Go Mcdonald's!

*ducks*

:P

gogo

MacDonalds!! OMG GoGo how could you utter that name and meat in the one sentence :P

/rofl

I do however love it (meat ) that is as rare as it gets...my family n friends know if it could do with a vet it'll be fine for me lol

Takes GoGo to the naughty corner for his MacDonalds fetish /hug

Guest gogoblender

hahahha

I hear ya erialc

mcd's is so lowbrow huh?

but...it's sooooo cheap!

lol, real food is so expensive

mcd's, chips and chocolate bars

easy on the wallet, and makes the tummy feel good

/thumbsup

gogo

Erialc! Those cute fluffy ducks...and you want to eat them....you evil woman <_< just kidding...I know its probably similar to chicken...but once again somehow its just different /blink

I love my meat rare too...bloody is good...so tender and juicy...nothing better than a scotch fillet steak cooked a couple of mins on each side YUM /drool

As for McDonalds...the only time I go there is when I am very very hungover and then those greasy hash browns are the perfect cure and at 80 cents each you can buy heaps! :(