Would you change an in-game name after 4 years of playing?

To change or not to change  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• Change
    • Keep the old one

Recently, Knuckles posted a thread about how everyone got their forum/game nicks.

As you can read there, I had a nick a long time before I got Timotheus up and running, and I miss it.

But if you were in my position, would you change it? After playing and posting with it for what, 3-4 years?

I would like to hear your thoughts, since I'm not sure what to do.

Absolutely! change your nick if you want to.

I have found that when it comes to changing your nick, some of your old friends will keep referring to you using your old nick for a while.

That's understandable, and kinda nice, but your friends will respect that you want a name change and will soon start calling you by what you prefer.

Your nick is usually a reflection of yourself, people change as they progress through life...so a change of a nick seems logical to me.

Do what you feel is right for you mate.......we will still know who you are :D

stubbs

I vote for you to play with how you feel right now as well. History is important, but how you feel now is what games should be about. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy is what I say. With school and work and more work and school...lol, make sure your game time is as fun for you as it can get. The only rule of thumb I have regarding in game names for me is to keep em short so that when others have to type it out, it's easy for them. I've seen some peeps with ingame names so long that when they show up in game, their name is a constant crawl across the left side of the screen and it even gets in the way of graphics sometimes!

:P

gogo

It's your persona, so you use what you want to use mate. Using a second choice will only distract from the enjoyment, so use what YOU most want to use and others will be happy to accept it (if they don't they are hardly friends are they?)

I completely agree with Podgie...your friends, because they're your friends, will support your choice Timo.

;)

gogo

I kinda said that :P

stubbs

Pleaseeeee............can we have a better blush smilie.......I mean come on.....whats the pointing down finger thing got to do with blushing :woot:

Edited by stubbie

Well I'm one of those people that likes to stay semi-anonymous in games, so I change names whenever people start to recognise me :P

As long as the people you want to recognise you do then there's really no problem.

I had thought about going back to Rockdog, especially for Sacred 2, but I guess Knuckles has kind of grown on me. Knuckles was a mistake but I'm happy with it now. I think that's the big thing, whether you're happy with the account/game name you have.

I've always been Knuckles in-game and when I changed it to Voided, I made 2 mistakes. One it really wasn't the name I wanted, and two, I kept Knuckles as my forum name. It led to a lot of confusion for other players.

Everyone that knew me for a long time still referred to me as Knuckles and newer players as Voided. But I think you should pick the name you want and everyone will make the adjustment. Your friends will still be your friends regardless of what name you use, and you'll be happier using the name you truly want.

Noooooo! :o

Ahem... I mean. I think your nic is awesome Timo. If you're debating this change because you somehow think that Timotheus isn't quite unique enough then let me just say that I think your nic is very unique and more than that it fits you perfectly IMO. I've not ever known a Timo/Timotheus and I very much enjoy calling you Timo. Every time I type out Timo I kind of say it in my head just to enjoy the cool "ring" to it. The name Timotheus holds a real presence I find as well.

Of course all that aside should you decide to change your nic I will of course NEVER... EVER! Speak to you again. :woot:

Now if you'll excuse me I need to edit a certain poll... :P

P.s.

Hehe stubbie. It's Blush+Coy. ;) What? You never do that? :D

Go fer it as long as you dont do what Prince did and change your name to a sign :P

@stubbie/schot...I'd say its more of a blush then a "whoopsie tee-hee" finger thing

Edited by locutus

what will u change it to then? something we wont ever recoginze?

and knuckles... u can go for ''Shiny pink spandex GOOBernator'' in Sacred 2... I think that would be the best for all of us

The general opinion in Warrior Nation is that changing your name confuses people. When people see your new name, they might not recognize you.

I myself never change my name. I'm a conservative about that kind of thing and by keeping my name, I know I'm not making a mistake by changing it to something "hip" or that might sound cool at the moment but turns out lame in the long run.

Whatever you do, don't pick a name composed of cheesy words and numbers.

@ Luca:

No ***t.. I had one before Timotheus (out of frustration because all the logins I wanted to have were taken), it was a pain. :P

@ Erling and everyone wondering:

my first Sacred name was #Dark_Stranger (see, I knew I would get into D.a.r.k eventually :3lmao:). After a few weeks I changed it to Timotheus, I don't really know why. Sounded cool at the time, but now it has lost it's touch. When the change would occur, I would try to change my name to ToiMoi, a nick given to me in the Dutch equivalent of Junior High.

Or change it to T.Bag because it sounds funny. :D

Edited by Timotheus
I would try to change my name to ToiMoi, a nick given to me in the Dutch equivalent of Junior High.

Or change it to T.Bag because it sounds funny. :D

I vote T.Bag..........because yep......it sounds funny :)

stubbs

oh well :yay: if u change I would like ToiMoi :D

I just learnt T.Bag is something.. um ... noughty ... but that might be just here :) hehe I wont go in any deeper on that one

Aww NUTBUNNIES you're right Erling lol

I contacted Ascaron to change the name on my Sacred Gold account (Timotheus II), gonna make that my new primary I think. :D

hehe :viking: congratz.. can I say that?

and cool new siggy and avvy ^^

ps: I would love to try to make u a sig (ToiMoi), hehe I remember last time I tried to help but it didnt get a to big sucsess... :)

• 4 weeks later...

A nickname is a nickname... it doesn't mean a whole lot, the person behind the name is the same. I've used dozens of names through the years, though I have 2 I always come back to.

Good topic. Lately I've been getting tired of gogoblender lol.

I do enjoy it for posting and stuff...but for ingaming...dunno, it's a bit lame

:)

gogo