Tomi's lovely Ketchup-beer Chicken

Hiya hungry folks! :bye:

First I have to tell you I love cooking. :) Ohh and also eating delicious foods. So I though I'll post this easy,

lovely dish.

In this topic you can see how to make easily a delicious food for sudden visitors. (Or just as a quick lunch)

So here somes Tomi's Ketchup-beer chicken:

Ingredients---Nothing special. You can find these in every kitchen:

-3 legs of chicken (wings work well also)

-Half bottle of beer

-About 250 gramme Ketchup. (about half packet)

-Garlic

-Salt, pepper.

These rates are for 3 legs of chicken.

Preparation:

-Take 3 legs of chicken. (lol I mean not 3 legs of 1! chicken...you can use 2 diff chicken)

-If they are frozen, let them blow out, if fresh you can get started.

-Wash them, and clear them. (fur/hair) (Split them to 2 half if you want to.)

-Add Salt and Pepper to taste.

Put them in a refractory platter or something that can be taken into the oven. Important to dont put it in a very big plate,

or the dollop won't spread out on every part of the chicken. (Other way is making more dollop)

If the salted, peppered chicken is in the plate, take an other bowl.

-Take 3-5 cloves of garlic. Crush them and add them in the bowl. (Also to taste.)

-Then add the ketchup in the bowl to the garlic. Mix them!

-Then half bottle of beer on it. Mix it again.

Very important to add first the ketchup, mix them, and after that the beer!

Put the dollop on the chicken. Best if it dips in the dollop and if it doesn't loll out.

If it is done, put aluminium foil on it. Remove the foil after the half of the cooking time!

The chicken is done when the dollop is getting dense, and the chicken is getting friable, crisp, the dish

is done. (half-3/4 Hour...more if there's still too many beer on it and didn't evaporated.)

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

Bon appetit! :viking:

oooooh Yum Yum, I'm on my way over for some of that, looks delicious Tomi!

I bet a sprinkle of chilli would be delicius in that too.....love the pics my mouth is watering!

:viking:

Tomi, that has to be one of the most well-written culinary reads I've ever had the honor to read on this forum. Your description, method, and quality of writing...outstanding.

The pics are the perfect counterpoint to your excellent and very thorough recipe. Here's my secret. For years now, I've always considered ketchup to be an integral part of cooking :viking: See...ketchup is just the perfect mix of tomatoes, salt, sugar...and it's so thick...it can easily add body and punch to anything that's looking too soupy. You've combined too favorites of mine, ketchup and beer with chicken. Something I would never have thought of and which looks and sounds fantastic.

I'm curious...does your family have different nights, where different members of the family all take turns cooking? Is cooking you've learned from your parents, or something they've allowed you to develop on your own? The dish you showed pictures of..was that the dinner or lunch that day?

Hats off to you my friend!

:bye:

gogo

Very nice.

One thing though.....In the first picture, the piece of chicken at the 3 oclock position? Save that one for me.

Haha thanks.

Well gogo...usually my mom's doing the cooking, but this is an easy dish, so I could do it.

Ahh but I'm hungry now. :)

When I want to cook they let me. Most of times my mom showes me some tasty food. :) Well yes. It was the lunch now. Well one part of it.

lol I've kept that one for you. :(

Mom wasn't in kitchen so I've put extra beer in it. Shhhhh! *yamm*

Edited by tomi

that was delicious Tomi.... we tried it last night (chicken happened to be on the menu) we just added breading to it (to hold the sauce on really well) and lord substituted hard cider and barbeque sauce for ours....

Leftovers will not last long ...

Wonderful recipe Tomi. I'm not much of a cook but I might just give your cooking lesson a try. Looks fantastic! :)

Wonderful recipe Tomi. I'm not much of a cook but I might just give your cooking lesson a try. Looks fantastic! :4rofl:

Bravo Mom!

I just need the chicken, and I'll be ready to give this a go as well.

Tomi, it looks like you've won your first real -life fan with mom.

:twitch:

gogo

Wonderful recipe Tomi. I'm not much of a cook but I might just give your cooking lesson a try. Looks fantastic! :twitch:

Bravo Mom!

I just need the chicken, and I'll be ready to give this a go as well.

Tomi, it looks like you've won your first real -life fan with mom.

:)

gogo

Of course what Mom didn't mention was I did the cooking. :4rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

That recipe... My belly just started to growl as I was reading more and more.

Now I'm off to make food. That delicious looking food :hugs:

Tho... I might use more beer :thumbsup:

Oh great I made you hungry :thumbsup:

Well yeah good to you. Mom doesn't let me to give any more beer. Just when she leaves for a sec....

I'm the biggest fan with using alcohols in food. Apparently the alcoholic content is destroyed by the cooking process....but that flavor...

Shame on me for only seeming to remember once in a while how good red wine is in spaghetti sauce

:D

gogo