Real life happenings

Hey folks! :hugs:

I was wondering if I should make a thread where you can tell us the latest news in your county.

I think it can be economic, sport, business or even personal news.

Well hope you have some. Looking forward to your answers. :thumbsup:

Edited by tomi
A good Idea Tomi but politics will have to stay away from the topic forum rules.

Thanks Kat. I know though, but I meant maybe some um...lol ok nvm politics is politics.

Sorry for that mistake. Been edited.

Well just saying something like a presidential election would be fine, but discussing about the candidate's medical reports would be pushing it. (like how they are doing to McCain in US :D)

Currently new here is the Earthquake and the relief/rebuilding effort.

I'm sad about it of course, but we are so focused on that front while no single local media has reported any update on Burma (wait its Myanmar now).

For me, that is even more sad. I had to watch outside media like CNN to get any news about a big disaster on a country that directly bordered China. Crazy world we live in.

... I had to watch outside media like CNN to get any news about a big disaster on a country that directly bordered China. ...

Did you see this then?

I think she went above and beyond the line of duty and then was embarrassed when others made a big deal out of it. Heroes and Heroines) come in all shapes, sizes, and nationalities.

heh, you know...I don't even watch news anymore...lol, this frustrates my friends to no end. I'm always willing to debate about the principle of any topic, but I'm not current at all with current politicians on a large scale.

I don't even have a tv

:D

gogo

... I'm not current at all with current politicians on a large scale. ...

Funny you should say it like that because most politicians are on a large scale ... they tend to break smaller ones! :D

heh, it's probably the reason why most politics sort of don't interest me. I'm more a grass roots kind of person... I'm very connected to my immediate community in my building and neighborhood. I've always been interested in the kinds of changes I could "see" up quick and front that way. I've done tons of coaching for sports teams, and I love volunteering and working with folks who need a hand.

I've sort of always felt, that if the people that I have to deal with personally every day could be made to "feel" good... in a way, it's an effective kind of "change" and something I feel I've personally had a hand in.

gogo

Hmmm...lol my parents wouldn't survive a day without news in tv. :D

In Hungary the gas's price is over 1.6 American Dollars.

It's interesting isn't it, how so many different people from all over the world have the need of "required resources" or information to be able to be functional in their societies. I remember my parents being so into the news...my dad's fascination with the six o'clock newstime is legendary... not a peep or squeak would be allowed in the house when it was going on.

gogo

I stopped watching the news and reading the papers recently. I now have no idea what's happening in the world, but I am also no longer depressed all the time!

Maybe it's just my age, but I seem to remember a time when the news contained a mixture of good and bad news, rather than just the bad news which is all we seem to have been getting in recent years. And I have no great wish to know what the latest Z list 'celebrities' are doing in their desperation to remain 'famous'!

Oh God, I'm getting depressed again! Quick someone say something cheerful.

Edited by podgie_bear

Media has no idea of the power they wield and they are pushing it more and more in this internet era. That's what I think.

Some medias are so obsess with terror and horrible news, and that's Y I think that censorship ultimately failed in protecting us from harmful material.

That said, what can you talk about with your coworkers, friends without currently news? Certainly we can't just talk about booze and party all days long. :woot: