Highest WD in Closed

Gogo, it definitely took some preparation and assistance. I had to buy a bunch of DOS (enemies die on sight) rings and gear with high RSM/max sockets. That and a whole bunch of runes. Both Soaring and Poison are around level 75 right now.

VoT wasn't too bad even though DOS only works on Golems. With the high Poison Ring I would clear out an area, and then use my 2nd acount as a sort of 'place holder'. My other toon would stand in center of area I just cleared so I could explore edges with Soaring and not worry about enemies.

Actually having another person (or in my case: 2 accts and 2 pc's side by side) really really helps immensely . I've used 2nd acct as a 'spotter' when flying over water and black sky in Hell's Ridge. I would just have 2nd toon at point where I was flying out from. Flying over those areas can be a real hassle. It's easy to get stuck when exploring edges or run out of 'air time'. So being able to teleport out is nice. Plus you don't lose your Main Map progress as you would if you had to log out to get unstuck.

When I did the UW quest line, I just parked my 2nd acct at the Purgatori Waypoint. My daemon just flew to all areas and teleported out. Only used Poison Ring when fighting the bosses. All other enemies (except Shadow Guards) I was able to fly right by. Was able to finish entire quest and play pong in about 75-90 minutes.

WOW! Thats an amazing job! Well done!

(Personally I've never seen such a high WD. Once I tried it with my Dark Elf, but stopped at 20% :))

Grats again!

:)

Edited by tomi

Maybe I should have labeled this thread "Hell hath no fury like a woman horned" :hugs:

Getting the WD was just part of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Phase 1: get to level 50 then equip all my DOS rings/RSM equip and pump Soaring to level 75. The build was really geared toward Poison Ring but Soaring has same requirements. Would have gone Blazing Disc except for having to spread points between Med/Magic Lore and Concentration and wasn't sure how well BD would work in Phase 3 whereas I already knew PR would work.

Phase 2: Getting max WD. I probably did this in about 15 hrs. the other 13 were level'ing to level 50. Went by really quick. One thing I did differently was the final battle in UW quest line. I parked my 2nd acct just before Anducar and went in with Daemon. As soon as I initiated battle I tp'd out and let my MG dwarf pummel him from outside battle area. Seems Anducar's attacks won't travel past Cerebropod barrier, so it was a safe quick fight.

Phase 3: Max kills. This may take awhile. Ponpon has over 700k kills. My plan is to overspawn Sylvan Spirits (they basically do it on their own) and use PR to cause mass destruction. Everything was going great until I got to around level 95. DOS caps at level 100 so all the archers were no longer dying. Had to re-outfit at this point. Was taking massive damage from Explosive and Penetrating Arrows. Combine that with lag and too easy to have a bad day. Socketed defense in just about everything. Oh if someone has a max Forge Dwarf that can forge level 110+ gear, I need him ;)

After socketing def it's been alot easier. Have about 50 hrs played (28hrs for WD with under 5k kills) and now have about 120k kills. Be a few weeks but should get the max kill record. Wondering if there is cap on that like there seems to be with everything else.

Phase 4: get to level 216

My end goal is to be #1 on every stat on HC ladder. So if anyone has spare Daemon equip/runes/Dwarf forger I can use I'd really appreciate it :blink:

Congratulations Knuckles!

All part of tha master plan eh. I didn't realize that you were using a buddy system, hehe. Very smart planning.

Good luck on Phase 3 dude. You gonna use a ton of split against those spirits as well? Now that I think of it... Does split even work on those things? I don't recall ever splitting them.

Forger you say? I'm yer man! I got a level 100 and 146 forger. :hugs:

Thx Schot :hugs:

I'll sneak into Kami today and have you forge the stuff for me.

Well so far I seem to kill 5-7k an hour. Thought about using split but I have soooo many Spirits anyways I don't need. Plus the lag induced might be too much for my pc to handle. Already ctd'd a few times overspawning.

Having the 2nd account is soooo handy. I park him inside a cave and then head out with Daemon. The overspawning is very widespread. It is literally wall to wall Spirits for 2-3 screens. When I get thru that huge mass I'll tp back to cave entrance and spirits have already over spawned there. A few in/outs at cave and ready to go again. I should be able to get max kills before June is out. Depends on how burnt out I get doing this night after night.

After doing this a few times it seems that all paths have wall to wall spirits. I can kill up to 1k of them before I need to re-spawn them at cave entrance

Edited by Knuckles

Well still chugging along. Made it over 200k kills tonight. Just outside the top ten in that category and will be in it by end of weekend. Pen arrows are a real pain though. Maxed def as much as I can but 5+ of those at one time can be a little nerve wracking. Have even gained 57 levels in the Dryad Forest. Up to level 127.

I do seem to find a lot of the generic sets and some uni rings. Found a unique ring tonight in Gold that had +19 to trade :drinks:

Hope you don't mind me triple posting here :devil:

Slowly climbing ladder... level 138 with 380k kills. At #26 over all.

Once I got my resists up I barely take dmg from Pen Arrows now. Lag holds no fear for me now :D (I know famous last words right there)

lol, famous last words indeed. You trying to jinx yourself?! :woot:

Nice work Knuckles. Looks like you're speeding along.

Just went over the 500k mark in kills. At level 145 with 111 hrs in so far. Hoping to make 1 mill kills. Almost time to re-outfit yet again. Guess I gotta level my level 120 Dwarf up a bit.

Wow thats wonderful! I was so amazed, and I checked my 2. online toon, my level 185 dwarf. He had 180 hours of playing but not more thn 120.000 kills. I'm so amazed. Very nice job! I think I have to do some kills too :)

:devil: Grats again!

Edit: You did the 71.74% WD in 27 hours? :gogo:

Edited by tomi

@Tomi...well not sure how many hours I used getting Daemon to level 50. Wasn't WD'ing at that point. So I'd say maybe I had 4-5% WD at level 50 and got the rest in maybe 20 hrs or so.

Biggest thing was being prepared. I had all the runes/equip etc all ready for her at level 50. So I was able to get level 75 Soaring and over 100% DOS, that and about + 700% RSM. Having a trader Dwarf and rune farmer made getting everything painless.

WD exploring is fairly easy. Just fly around all the boundary edges, explore all caves and then check main map for any grids you missed. Just entering the grid gives full WD %. There's no need to remove all the Fog of War. With DOS I have few enemies to deal with and also used 2nd account to help with dangerous areas like the water around Pirate Isles and Khorad-Nur.

If I had done all this from scratch, using only what Daemon found/bought it would probably taken closer to 100 hours to accomplish.

As far as all the kills...looks like most people make it to level 216 with under 150k kills. I'm intentionally going after Spirits since they're abundant and normally don't move or attack. It's the Dryad archers that are a pain. Since the Spirits only give 1 experience if dormant it's an easy place to go after max kills without getting too high in level. That said I've still gained over70 lvls just in Dryad Forest killing Dryads and Spirits.

Gotta love that uberspawnage!! So many red dots that I doubt you would walk by w/out bumping into one of them.

W/ enemies that thickly populated, it's no wonder you're getting some lag, but talk about some fast killing.

I actually have to click on the area outside the paths otherwise it's "1 step and swing, 1 step and swing' etc...And I don't even bother hitting 'Alt' anymore...there's so much on the ground that I can't see anything else. Sometimes I'll run back into the cave real quick just to clear all the drops.

The lag can get so bad that it'll respawn enemies right over the ones I just killed. That whole area in pics will respawn 2-3 times on me without re-entering cave..seems it's just waiting for me to clear the 1st round of baddies. When that happens the lag is really bad and usually lose lobby connection.

Did find one neat trick. If the archers get too bad I just tp back inside cave where I parked my dwarf and when I come back out, all the archers are gone for awhile (until respawn hits). I can kill over 500 enemies in that one spot outside cave without entering/exiting cave to respawn

I did check German ladder and got a little depressed. They have 4-5 peeps with over 1 mill kills. Was planning to get that high anyways but now just need to go a little higher