Morrowind elder scrolls 3

Yesterday bought Morrowind elder scrolls 3 whit bloodmoon and tribunal expansions(?) for my cousin as he is finishing school on saturday. Just wondering if I got the right gift for him as he likes games like Final Fantasy etc.. ? some sort of rpg's anyways.

Only real problem here is that I don't know does he allready have it and can't ask, as it would totaly ruin the suprise. So worst case scenario is: he has this game allready and I'm stuck whit it as in the game shop they said me no refund for pc games.. so please tell me it's any good game?

Hi Obsession.

I know this game has a huge amount of content. It's sort of what it's known for, as well as quality of the story and it's writing. I've never quite played it myself, but I think there are a few peeps here on this site who have played it. Hopefully they'll see your topic here and be able to answer.

:D

gogo

p.s. if you're not playing anything right now Ob, come meet up with us in lintra server of Requiem Blood mare ^^

I have it and enjoyed it but not as much as Sacred, Sacred Plus, and Sacred Underworld.

The only reason a shop would not take a software package back is if it has been opened. As long as the package is still sealed, they are required to take it back, just as for any other product.

Hmmm I played it about half-one year. I have only good experience with it. I think it is a great game full of fun, and exciting quests.

I loved it.

By the way I think you should say this:

Hey I heard of a game. It's called Morrowind. Have you heard of it. I want to try it. Want to join?

lol or something like that ;)

Good luck! :D

I have it and enjoyed it but not as much as Sacred, Sacred Plus, and Sacred Underworld.

The only reason a shop would not take a software package back is if it has been opened. As long as the package is still sealed, they are required to take it back, just as for any other product.

Too bad this one was not sealed.. for some reason they had took out cd's and returned into case when got it. Maybe it's because someone can try to steal it and end up whit empy dvd-box. But I still know consumer protection laws say I have right to bring it back to the store in 14 days and get full refund if I don't open it or there is something wrong whit it. But I hope my cousin just don't has it allready.

ps. gogo, allready downloading client.. good way to spend time, before my C&C first decade should come by mail.

One of the best games Ive ever played. Such depth, such freedom, such an excellent storyline and real roleplaying involved. I remember I spent a whole days sitting in a bookshop, stealing books and reading them :D

It doesnt look so amazing today (graphically I mean) but there are multiple texture replacement mods available

Its a must try!!

Edited by enci

I played it for a year... even after beating the game once I went back to play a different character type and such for the challenge. The world is HUGE and it has alot of replayability.

The only reason I stopped was I got elder scrolls 4 - Oblivion ....

A totally brilliant game, the best being that even after you have beaten Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon, you can download fan-made mods (or make your own with the included game editor) that are absolutely brilliant in some cases. I have played nearly 200 hours on these mods alone and I haven't even tried half of the free downloads available out there! I've tried everything from playing a super-hero, to building and running a working farm in game (and made a profit at it) as well as just sitting on a rock and practicing my casting skills with a fishing rod. I also found it amusing trying to romance the female npc's in a couple of mods.

Mind you there are a few dud mods out there too, you just have to pick and chose.

Lol I guess the switch to the new servers took place some time today, because my post got removed...

Anyway, Morrowind is highly regarded among the fans of the series, and many have claimed it's the best title in the series. I have a copy as well, but never got the time to dig into it...

This reply is no doubt way too late but anyhoo,

Obsession, you originally asked if Morrowind was a game that someone who likes Final Fantasy would like.

My opinion is "who knows" :D

I happen to like both games but they are very different and I cant even think of any similarities between the two ;)

My next door neighbour loves Final Fantasy VIII but totally dislikes Morrowind. :blink:

My opinion is that games are a lot like books. What I like to read doesn't mean my mate will like it too.

While its too late this time (btw, did your cousin like the game?) I suggest the next time you buy something like a game as a present, you use what ever devious means are at your disposal to try to find out what exactly they would like. ;)

Oh......btw.......I am really hanging out for Sacred 2 when its released, and I love surprises :hugs:

stubbs

I used to play Morrowind before I bought Sacred. In my opinion it's really good game, it has that "something", which makes it interesting. I don't think I would come back to it again, but still I remember how much fun I had when I was stealing merchant's shruikens in... Balmora?

Anyway, I've never played FF, so I don't know if your cousin would like it. But also I've never met person, who didn't like that game :hugs:

While its too late this time (btw, did your cousin like the game?) I suggest the next time you buy something like a game as a present, you use what ever devious means are at your disposal to try to find out what exactly they would like. ;)

Heh.. he liked it. Don't know how much, but said it was good present, so I hope he'll play it too.. or use it as doorstopper if not playing :hugs: