Little Corner

Hello everyone, just a signature I made for myself while experimenting with Gimp. Thanks to those who were talking about Gimp, it allowed me to find it! :D

Sig.jpg

~40kb

Untitled-1.jpg

~Big

Ill be uploading various other things I work on.. And im open to making something (anything, really) for other people, but only if you say please!

Edited by monsterstorm

I was seeing the work of gimp here done by peeps... apparently it's a fantastic alternative to photoshop, with it's free price making it pretty compelling.

I like the colors of your sig, what I would say is that perhaps the texture of the background is looking sort of blurry to me? If it was sharper, with the mottling effect, I think you'd have a great piece on your hands. As well, the word Monsterstorm, if you made it more distinct, it would show up more sharper.

Man...wish I had half the talent... don't let me go anywhere near a graphics problem, if you don't want to be scared

You're awesome for offering to help others, MonsterStorm

:)

gogo

Second one piques my fancy as well. I think it's your color palette...I like it.

Only crit, is that your own name Monsterstorm could perhaps be clearer, or made to stand out more?

Cheers!

:hugs:

gogo

Heya, nice corner you got here monster. *pulls up a chair*

I do like that sig you're wearing. Big time Blue fan here like Telari. :hugs: Cool how your name is faded and the underline looks rubbed on. Some very nice touches there. Gimp does have some very nice features and being free puts up nice competition for Photoshop. I must say I'm quite curious about the larger project you mentioned. Looking forward to the next!

Do either of you want to learn? That 2nd one could be done by yall in 20 minutes or so.. Lemme know if you wanna learn. THose online tutorials can sometimes be funky, although I had to check one out to get started. Learning where everything is is hard.. and what tools do what.

Here. Ive got time, ill run yall through my first sig. This is for Gimp.

I opened Gimp up, and on the tab with all the different tools on it, hit File -- New -- and change the height by weight to 500x150. It will be in pixels. ( the max height and width allowed for our signatures :) ) Ignore the Template and other options, and hit Ok.

Now you should have a nice blank white box with dotted lines around the outside of the white. I went to the picture of a Bucket located in the Tools tab. After clicking the Bucket, you look towards the bottom half of the same tab, and hit Pattern Fill. I then got the pattern of clouds. I clicked on the blank white box I created, and had a nice little background.

Compare the cloudy background to my final signature. Quite different huh? Now that you have a background all set up, it is basically like Paint with advanced options. Im gonna run through what I did quickly, but dont worry if you get lost. Its alright :hugs:

Hit the Blur tool ( rain drop ) and make some kind of pattern on the clouds. I made it so some clouds were blurred, while others stayed the same, which provided interesting color efffects later on. Now that that is over, take the AIrbrush tool and go to a corner of the cloudy box. Hold shift, click on the corner, then move your mouse to another corner. Make sure your Y or X axis is the same the entire way across, so the border line is straight. Btw, we will be using the Airbrush tool for most of the rest. On the bottom half of the tool tab, while airbrush is selected, hit the box to the right of Brush. A smaller tab with all sorts of different looks will appear, and pick one that suites your fancy. I selected Sand Dunes. You then select a color, and click and drag ( not holding shift ) around on the clouds to form a neat looking shade. This is how I created the light and dark blues in the center of the signature.

Hit the Text Tool ( a big A ), click where you want your word(s) to be, type in the word(s) and you are done! It may not look perfect, but with practice.. hey. ANyways, this was a quick demo. If youd like one-on-one, ask!

Ohhh very nice and detailed help! Thanks (:))! I'll see if I can do anything alone, but not sure. I'm not too creative.

Thanks again. I'll see after I tried if I need help.

:hugs:

A good start, (beats mine :unsure: ) I look forward to seeing what you'll be able to make, and if you want to know anything about GIMP ask me and I'll tell you if I know, also try Gimp talk for some really good tutorials :blush: (be patient with the site atm, they've been having server troubles)

*Pulls up another chair at the table*

Big time Blue fan here like Telari.

You know blue is so last century... :P

Looking good monster!

Good luck!

;)

~Doom

Hey guys, im gonna ask for some help with this next one. Alright, what I need is this:

- A picture of some Sacred 2 model ( as in any character, monster, etc. ) facing the right who is either in an attack stance or is currently attacking.

- A picture of some Sacred 2 model facing the left who is either in an attack stance or is currently attacking.

- A neat battle background. Or if not battle, a fitting background.

I say fitting because I imagine a few of you will be able to understand what I am going to do. Btw, multiple pictures would be appreciated. Here.. lemme find an example real quick :unsure:

Blah.jpg

Oh and thank you to everyone who has been supportive of some of those things ive done while gettin the grasp of gimp!

Edited by monsterstorm

aint any chairs left? -.- anyway I stand

Big time Blue fan here like Telari.

You know blue is so last century... ;)

totaly... like.. d'uh blue?!

anyway im so stuck with PS I cant rly think of trying GIMP :) and like learning all the tool commands over again? no way. but I like you're work and I want to see how u progress :twitch: keep it up...

and tomi :oooo: u can draw kobold warrior thingies :P be pleased with that :D