Where is everyone going to be buying Sacred 2 from?

Hey guys, I'm just trying to plan ahead here for the purchase of the game. I want to make sure I have a fall back to be able to buy Sacred 2 in uncut version if it's not rated General here in North America.

Are you guys going to buy it online, or in a store near you? If you're going to buy it online, could you please list for me good places that I can pre-order it from? If the retailer is European, that would be great...I want to make sure I get the version that's got all the goodies.

Thanks!

:whip:

gogo

deffo on the overseas version, assuming same pattern for underworld is repeated where usa gets gimped version and gets it at a later date. was cheaper ordering overseas, as I could hardly find sacred in a store until well after it was released.

Yes, US will probably get the gimped version again, but you would think that it would come out on time since this game is more...across the board? if that's the right term...

My line of thought is that since its coming out on XBox360 and PS3 and PC and its being advertised more it'll get out on the shelves this time

But, I'll still be buying overseas I think,

StiCk_eM

TRD, Stick, where will you guys be buying foreign versions from? I'm sure I could ask European members here to help get me copies.. but it would be so much faster to just plain order it myself and have them deliver it here to Montreal.

Play.com only delivers to Europe, and gogamer, sigh...love those guys, but....they now only deliver to U.S.

:cha (18):

gogo

Whoa! Where are these assumptions coming from? In general, the European evaluation board is much stricter on violence than the North American ESRB. I can't speak to the original Sacred, but we've been told by Ascaron that there will be only one version sold world-wide (other than for localization, of course). That means the content is identical in all versions, whether you buy a European, North American or online version. I recommend you buy the version for your local territory because not only will it be the least expensive (especially with the current Euro to Dollar conversion) but also because your local publisher will be the best to assist you in support if you are local to their support team.

assumptions are based on facts that euro version came out first and had gore opposed to the north american version. they do reserve the right to change things for Sacred 2, we will just have to adapt.

I do not recall where I got underworld from overseas, will rack my brain for a bit and if I recall post it here.

well if there are going to be one or more versions of the game really comes down to what rating the game gets :cha (18):

and for the for the record european game ranking (and censorship for that matter) is way more relaxed the it is in the US :)

I was looking on the Sacred 2 realease date discussion on the SIF and they were talking about the publisher sites and it seems that the one for the UK is: www.deepsilver.com

And the one for the US is: www.cdvusa.com

So I think those would be two possible places, but of course I will wait to see what the publishers end up doing to the copies and in the original Sacred SpinDoc the violence in the North American version was taken out and the release of Sacred was much much later in the US......could be different this time around, but we will see......

StiCk_eM

I'm with SpinDoctorMario on this one. :)

It would be much better to buy from a local store just in case there is a problem with the dvd.

Until there is some official word on how censorship is handled with Sacred 2 I think this talk about ordering from overseas is a bit premature :)

stubbs

I guess I'm just concerned about getting all max content possible, after what happened with Sacred. I was so lucky...lol, my cousin made us order the international copies from Europe, and we only realized after, that we had more content than the locals :)

In this case, since I'm an avid fan, I guess I could see myself placing orders for two copies, one local and one imported. It's be cool comparing the two, and fans are collectors ^^

I wonder if the two boxes get different goodies, or ways they look with the manuals? I remember that there were distinct differences between the manuals from the domestic and international versions.

SpinMario, would you be able to tell us if that would be the case this time as well?

Cheers!

:)

gogo

I'll get it where I can, and this time I am NOT waiting a year and a half for EB games to finally be willing to ship it to Canada... if I have to pull strings and twist arms to get it shipped through a friend in another country, well that's what I'll do. Ultimately though... I'll get it asap as cheaply and quickly as possible (I.e I won't pay more for the same game than I have to, but I would pay for the CE).

Worst comes to worst I'll trade gogo some pants for an import of Sacred 2... I'm sure that if anyone in Montreal can find a way to get it here, he'll manage.

Zinsho, what do you think is better for having the order ready for us in advance if getting it locally. Futureshop or EB? I love going to EB....they're a smaller computer store, and more homey. But I really want to make sure I get the release asap...*sigh*... You planning on putting in an advance order at futureshop?

:drool:

gogo

p.s. looking at 12game.com now, 501105...planning on getting a local AND an import to complete my collection.

I tend to look at EB first, then either BestBuy or Futureshop depending where I happen to be closest too at the time. I've had issues with EB at times, but they tend to have a better selection. I suppose I'll just look around and decide next week or so, I have a bit of time to do so luckily. Having it in advance... well I ordered Sacred:Gold via EB and had it the next day, futureshop I haven't had 'trouble' with but they can be slow on some things (friends with such issues...) so really not sure.

And EB isn't that small, just small boutiques (it's Gamestop as well IIRC)

lol, Lord. I'm sure that Sacred 2 won't need that much of an upgrade? Probably a touch more Ram, and ram's so cheap these days... I have to keep myself from just wanting to go out and sticking in another 4 gig because I'm afraid of what it will rise up to.

:unsure:

gogo

• 1 month later...

Well

*sigh*

I just went to the EB games near my house... not only do they not have any info of them carrying Sacred 2 Collector's Edition...but they don't even have any info on when they'd be getting Sacred 2 just the normal version.

Halp!

:D

gogo

I'm going to buy it from either Game, HMV or Amazon whichever gives me easiest access to the collectors edition

:D

~Doom

I've even checked Futureshop.ca ...no listing either. If this keeps up for another week or two, I'm going to have to order it imported I guess. Alas...that fat giftcard I had for futureshop... a waste.

:P

gogo