From Bouncer to Daddy Day Care

Well as the topic states, I went from being a bouncer at one of the local country bars here in town to taking on the responsibility, of taking care of my wife's best friends kids. Her last baby sitter was totally worthless and as a result her kids became out of control. So between Vampie and her friend they decided to ask me if I would consider watching them and quitting the bar. Sadly this is my last week working the bar. As she said she would pay me more money to watch the kids than what I was making at the bar. As much as enjoyed bouncing. I hated the fact that I was up all night and couldn't get on a true set routine. Therefore my family life was starting to suffer. And another reason is my Dr. said the stress from the bar would eventually play heck with my PTSD. Go figure it already has. I have had 4 major anxiety attacks at the bar that have left me in a state of nervousness that couldnt be controlled. So now I think I will just help out my wifes friend and watch her kids. Heck they listen to me and they just need some ground rules.

Em, what a great story... good for you! I can only imagine the kind of stress it is to have to bounce regularly. Having to play bad cop over and over again must get a person weary fast. I can just see you now with kids...I bet you're fantastic. And being around family situations more, I would think would have more benefits than having to be the muscle and purposely delve into or manage violent conflicts. I'm happy you're doing something like this more happy. Working with kids has always been some of the greatest parts of my life. Knowing you're responsible, and taking care to seed responsibility in littluns is definitely one of the greatest rewards.

If the kids are listening to you with no fuss, it means you've got the touch, friend.

Gratz

:P

gogo

Being a bouncer then looking after kids.........yep I can see the connection :P

stubbs

So whats the difference between being a bouncer and daddy daycare? Other than the kids are bigger and throw bigger temper tamtrums when they get put in timeout?