Sacred 2 Lobbies/servers

From what I understand the lobby and friends system looks kinda difficult to me.

Or in better words: they could have done a more practical job.

You can add characters to your buddylist, but not accounts. Meaning every time a HC toon dies, every1 must find that persons new character, and add it to friends. So if some1 starts a new character, he is in no-ones friends list at that point, but another one of his chars could be in hundreds of em (seems kinda making it harder then it should be to me :s)

Other then that the whispering function, like in diablo, is there, making it handy to communicate though.

I've only 2 persons in my buddylist atm, and tbh I haven't tried connecting to them yet via the buddylist, so no clue there.

Allso the buddylist seems to be shared between your SC and HC characters, AS DOES YOUR STASH !

Edited by promatolya

That may actually be to prevent hacked accounts promatolya. By this I mean double safetynet since people would not know your username. Thus making it harder to hack people.

Which then leaves the customer support with more resources for activation issues and game problems ect. Or thats my theory of why they have done it this way.

+ then it actually kinda gives more of that RPG feeling you see in NWN if you ever play online. Because if a char dies... It dies. And so does that characters personality ect ect.

So I'm thinking it is to prevent hacking and on top of that give the HC players more of an RPG feeling :cow_white:

And while I still remember it: Will there be any D.A.R.K Dedicated servers?

Guys, even though that was nice info I was wondering about the european vs american server thing, can you still join like american games when you play on a european server?

I just got into these for the first time last night... was fun, but ... lol, I really don't know my way around :) I was able to get into the HC servers no problem, but I'm a bit confused about the portals on the starting islans :)

Hopefully when the american servers come on, we'll have a few more choices and can start choosing depending on which one has the least lag where we all want to play.

And dedicated servers for D.a.r.k? Does this mean one of us opening up a private/closed server on that list?

:)

gogo

p.s. popped in and out collecting as many potions as I could :cow_white: Saving up for when I get back from work tonight! :)

At the moment there are no US servers. In fact, I don't know whether the "US" servers will be based in the US or not. Currently, with the "normal" servers (eg: EN Ascaron ......, not the ones that people create themselves) the "EN" doesn't actually mean anything, it's just a way to stream players looking for a particular language group into common servers, so I can go into the "German" servers, but there aren't likely to be many English speakers on them.

Another benefit of the current Buddy list, is that you can right-click & select the "join server" to go straight to the server they're in, rather than having to search through the server list to find them.

Hopefully they'll get the Filters working soon (as it is much easier to look through a dozen "English" servers than the entire server list).

Everytime I get online I create a game called "lure in the [D.A.R.K.]", it's a HC shadow campaign.

This is a small thing I do to try and lure all of you in there :music:

So all of you, just come in there!

I think I'll be online around 9.30pm (it's 8.30 pm now over here)

Arperum

ps : my char is called arp if you want to find it in the lobby.

heh, well I gotta say, I've been overwhelmed with wiki work and forum work for the last few days. There's so much content going onto Sacredwiki these days, it's almost like that's my game!

Good news is, this is the weekend coming up, and tomorrow's Friday.... how bout we all make a date to meet on the Bronze servers tomorrow night if that's okay with you guys? Arperum, the named server sounds awesome... count me in as a fly caught tomorrow.

:music:

gogo

heh, well I gotta say, I've been overwhelmed with wiki work and forum work for the last few days. There's so much content going onto Sacredwiki these days, it's almost like that's my game!

Good news is, this is the weekend coming up, and tomorrow's Friday.... how bout we all make a date to meet on the Bronze servers tomorrow night if that's okay with you guys? Arperum, the named server sounds awesome... count me in as a fly caught tomorrow.

:music:

gogo

Yeah. That'd be fun gogo :)

But why not the Silver servers?

1. More challenging and fun

2. Unlike Sacred 1... Here in Sacred 2 you can jump straight into Silver from level 1

3. We'd have a reason to team up due to the difficulty.

But why not the Silver servers?

1. More challenging and fun

2. Unlike Sacred 1... Here in Sacred 2 you can jump straight into Silver from level 1

3. We'd have a reason to team up due to the difficulty.

Yeah Gogo, have you gone all wussy on us already? Not sure about #3 though, my TG's haven't had any issues.

C'mon you guys take it easy on me :P I'm a HC noob so far! :4rofl: Sure, I'll play on Silver servers if there's enough of us to tack the monsters.

HC tonight!

gogo

p.s. Got to play with Antitrust last night for about 45 minutes before having to go to bed... Forgot how much fun it is to play this game with peeps!