You've got to be kidding me.....

Silearth

I read most of the mangas several years ago, and thought it was cool and fun.

But, when I saw the trailer, I told myself : "What have they done?" and "Mmmm...Not sure if that will be good"

I'll wait and see...

Max

But, when I saw the trailer, I told myself : "What have they done?" and "Mmmm...Not sure if that will be good"

I'll wait and see...

Max

Exactly! What have they done?!?

Perhaps I was missing something having seen the cartoon network versions of DBZ and DB but everyone seemed just wrong.

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm a huge DB fan and I've been waiting for the live movie for more than 3 years now.... So I guess it's gonna be a 50-50 of good vs bad. Early speculation had the first movie featuring Goku and Piccolo fighting it out before Vegita and Nappa (acted by Goldberg - perfect match!) arrives, but hey, let's hope they still feature!

Here is an earlier page from IGN : Piccolo Picked ... and a Piccolo render :

ptcr_piccolo.jpg

But I'd really like this movie to reach some sort of success so that sequels can be done and we can get to the later DBZ era with Frieza, Cell and Majin Buu - those are the guys who really need the good special effects! These guys blow up most of the earth ! And Frieza blows up the Saiyan home planet !!

But Justin Chatwin = Goku :) Gym work seriously required...

A lot of talk also surrounded the hair... yup, how you gonna get that crazy hair done just right ?

But also features of Broly the legendary Super saiyan and King Cooler could be great additions! I'm getting all excited again here... and then we still have DB GT !! mmmmm... super saiyan level 4....

PS. Sillearth, you are the one that was on the lookout for a good fighting game ? If you have a PS2 - here is the ultimate fighting game : Dragon Ball Z : Budokai 3 (anyone really) - The first game(s) I played with really awesome counter attacks - and if you counter successfully, you get a little video animation in between all the action - giving players that little opportunity to exchanges glances of satisfaction vs hatred... And I like the long duration of fights - in Tekken (also one of my favorate ever fighting games) a successful power punch/kick can virtually cause in instant KO, but in this game not so easy. But in no other game have I ever been able to punch my opponent right through a mountain !! Well, I'm going off topic here quite a bit...

But methinks I'm gonna be spending the night manufacturing a DBZ sig in honour of this movie bringing back all those good old memories !

Edited by Scleameth

I've been a HUGE fan of the DB, DBZ, and DBGT....This movie is almost bound to be a miserable failure in my opinion. The actor who plays Goku, it to small and squirrely looking, Piccolo is alright though..... Sorry had to put my opinion in there

I've been a HUGE fan of the DB, DBZ, and DBGT....This movie is almost bound to be a miserable failure in my opinion. The actor who plays Goku, it to small and squirrely looking, Piccolo is alright though..... Sorry had to put my opinion in there

Like I said, it was the low blood sugar talking. But you know.......perhaps if you take it for what it is and forget it being DBZ. I mean, no matter how much it sucks it won't suck as bad as double dragon did, right?

Honestly I never saw double dragon lol, but I'll take you're word on it though

Then you really did not miss anything.

Double Dragon (1994)

...and by the looks of it, I'm continuing missing nothing :whistle:

But by the sounds of it, there is already a squeal planned for DBE - let's see what's in stall. I'm just worried that it might take 'them' another 5 years to complete the sequel, but hey, perhaps dear old run-around-in-the-shower Justin Chatwin gained some muscle by that time?

I WILL NOT see it, I can't afford to ruin the DBZ that I have known. What are they thinking?...

Don't touch an original if you cannot be sure that you can raise above it, as the saying goes. :pirate:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just saw it today with my GF, and we both thought it was....good.

The story is not explained completely, and some characters are not looking as I expected.

Overall, it was good. Lots of action and cool special effects.

Max

P.S. There should be one or more sequels to this movie.

One of my friends saw it this weekend, and also said it's a 'good enough' movie, but it's not close enough to the animation and so DBZ fans will be disappointed.

Edit: was thinking about waiting for DVD release, but can I wait that long for one of my most anticipated movies of late?

Edited by Scleameth
  • 3 months later...

I just watched it today, on 'on demand'. Everything seemed rushed from the start. "Come on guys, we have a lot of story to tell and only so much time to do it!"

The action was okay, but their choice for Master Roshi....sigh.

I have to call this one a waste of money.