Doppels, and Doppels, and Doppels, oh my!

Von Bek

Is anyone else having a problem with the doppelganger CA? A: the 2nd mod does NOT give him the correct Combat Arts. I'm making a caster and I wanted my doppel to be melee, but he's using all the Astute Suprem Combat Arts, not Gruesome. And when you choose the perma doppel. . . he goes crazy and summons another perma doppel. . . and then THAT one summons another. . . and again, and again, and again, ad nauseum! Anyone know of any fixes? I've checked and posted on the official board as well.

Haha, quite the problem you got there Von Bek. I thought that problem had been resolved in one of the latest patches. What game version are you running?

• 2 months later...

Anybody know if this got fixed in 2.40 at all? I don't have enough mod points to check it myself. . .

Checking myself. . . find out some interesting things, too. . . I'll report back.

Edited by Von Bek

It would seem that the Doppelganger uses the first two Combat Arts of whichever aspect you give him, and only those two Combat Arts. As yet, I have not seen him use a buff (this may be how Ascaron has gotten around the infinite doppel crash). His Combat Arts are entirely dependent on your regen times and the dmg that you do with them. Testing continues with more intrigue. . .

Update: I'm currently testing the Astute Supremecy set of Doppel skills.

Combat Arts: Still only using the first two Combat Arts spells of the aspect. The damage seems to be a mix between your Inquisitor's CA dmg and the level of your Doppel. The Regen time still appears to be largely based on your own.

Buffs: That's right, a buffs section. It turns out he started using Reflective Emnation at lvl14~15. This could be due to my taking Concentration (opening another buff slot), or could be a scripted event for the CA level. He has ALSO been using the Nefarious Netherworld buff. So, this is why I think it is scripted for him to use buffs and not dependent on my having taken concentration. His buff level's may be dependent on yours or his own level, not sure as it's hard to figure out (it's all numbers at that point and we don't get to see them. . .).

My belief is that the Doppel buff has been disabled for Doppelganger friend. They have indeed fixed this CA/buff and it appears to be working properly, now. So! happy hunting with a new friend!

Edited by Von Bek
  • 2 weeks later...

The Doppelganger still acts like an idiot in 2.40. He still gets caught up in loops where he'll keep casting Purifying Chastisement on himself and only rarely attack.

But beyond that, I haven't seen him casting Doppelganger on HIMSELF, so it seems that problem has now been fixed.

Edit: Between this seemingly ignored problem and the bug with Paralyzing Dread hitting the Inquisitor instead of his enemies, you can probably see why I've become so discouraged as to write off Closed.Net.

Edited by Cthulhu