Forum Theme/Background

Hi all,

I would like to have a second 'light theme' (instead to use lo-fi version) without the background picture , because I am behind a firewall and the main forum page and all subpages (except those that are inside a topic which are brown) are black and I cannot read at all! I have to hang over with mouse!

... What browser are you using?

It doesn't matter. I am using both Firefox 3 and IE 7 and I have trouble reading light text on a dark background because of my Mark 1, Mod 0 eyeballs. It has nothing to do with the browser.

I second the motion for a lighter theme. Perhaps simpler and less "cluttered" would be nice as well. I get distracted easily ... oooh, button, wonder what tha...

Actually I have this/a similar problem using FirefoxPortable, the yellow/cream "box" around the text in forums and the threads disappears, making the text nigh on impossible to read, and I got a 404 when I tried the lo-fi version. But all this could just be FirefoxPortable not the forum

:(

~Doom

Hmmm, well there's a couple of solutions I can think of for the background problem. In a browser there is an option that let's you choose the colour of the background of any webpage.

Firefox-->Tools-->Options-->Content Tab-->Colors Button-->Uncheck; Allow pages to choose...

IE-->Tools-->Internet Options-->General Tab-->Colors Button-->Check; Use Windows Colors

Or simply choose the skin IP.Board.Pro. :P

Honestly the default skin is unfinished. What can I say, I been reeeeaal busy. :( New skin is on the way but I can't get started yet because of a site wide update that's pending. The update for which is still in beta, heh. Changes are coming but it's gonna be a while. :P

ahh, poor schot. I sometimes think he's thought of as taffy candy :(:)

Because we're right now in the middle of Sacred 2's release, our resources are stretched pretty thin. Admining this site, wiki and clan can sometimes be demanding, and with many thousands of people now visiting the sites, and with all the new folk here joining up, the requisite collateral pms that come with it, it sometimes seems like it would be worth it to invest in that extra other self :P

As Schot said, hopefully things will slow down for us, and we'll be able to focus on some of the things for the forum, like a new skin, which would be a lot of fun.

Right now of huge importance is the scrabbling we're doing all over the net to track down the extra bandwidth we need to be able to have everyone talk and laugh with each other here on the site. DarkMatters has exploded over the last few months. It's success comes with those lovely growing pains, and we're currently in negotiations with our hoster for more bandwidth at a reasonable price. Having to juggle where images and the community have to go these days is probably one of our newest exciting challenges, and as soon as we're comfortable with our housing for both the sites over the next year we're looking forward to sitting back, relaxing and adding more features to the forum.

Until the next game comes out :P

This is very fun for us and we love it. It's a fantastic time we're having here, and with all of the new people here from all over the world posting, reading and enjoying the forum, the game, and all you guys who have supported and returned for this site's peculiar, and, we hope, loving take on planet Earth's gaming...

We couldn't think of anything else we'd rather do.

:)

gogo

Hmmm, well there's a couple of solutions I can think of for the background problem. In a browser there is an option that let's you choose the colour of the background of any webpage.

Firefox-->Tools-->Options-->Content Tab-->Colors Button-->Uncheck; Allow pages to choose...

IE-->Tools-->Internet Options-->General Tab-->Colors Button-->Check; Use Windows Colors

Or simply choose the skin IP.Board.Pro. :)

Honestly the default skin is unfinished. What can I say, I been reeeeaal busy. :) New skin is on the way but I can't get started yet because of a site wide update that's pending. The update for which is still in beta, heh. Changes are coming but it's gonna be a while. :)

I have Firefox & Konqueror (on Linux I am). Changing the background color will have impact on all pages and that is something I do not want but it is a solution at this one.

Edited by Spyrus

As a suggestion:

Since you're using FFox, couldn't you get adblock and use it to block the background loading so that it's essentially a white background?

At work I get stuck behind a firewall that blocks all images from loading (well all photobucket at least)...

Thus I end up with a white background, a slightly grey/beige background on posts and a darker bar at the bottom. Also pretty much everything ends up as a text link rather than an image (although some try to load and I end up with gaps that I have to hover over to know what it is.