Farming Runes in Sacred 2

Heyas, just a quick thought off the top of my head. Garanteed there are builds on the way that will require heavy initial rune investments which has got me wondering... What kind of build will be the best Rune Farmer? Runes seem to rain down quickly at the start of the game and my first assumption is that I'm getting lots because I've read none. Now I know that it's been said that Runes are not limited in the same way that it was in Sacred 1 but still... Seems Runes are found very quickly in early game.

So... We need a low maintenance Rune Farmer. Any suggestions?

I think it should be a build that doesn't level too fast but kills quickly... Kinda contradicts I know but maybe farming enemies that provide very low experience could work? I'm guessing a bit of MF will be required which will be easy to come by with a Bargainer. Maybe take EP as well? The build could focus mostly on left click attacks and using buffs. Hmmm... A Dryad?!

What do you guys think. We gots a hungry clan to feed! :P

I'd have to say the best farmers are the High Elf or the Inquisitor. Since kobolds tend to drop a reasonable amount of runes, rounding them up for a single tempest or maelstrom should yield a bunch of runes every now and then. Keeping in mind that elven lands are full of them, it shouldn't be a problem. They also tend to give less xp per kill.

I have been Rune Farming twice. I usually only play either a SW or seraphim so those times I took a SW. Gave him some cash to buy armour etc at the start.

Started in usual place of course. Headed South then along the Coast to the Pirates Cave, then North to top of seraphim Valley, back down the Valley. Up to Kobold Camp and emptied that, crossed the River and ran back to starting point. At the end of that Run I was about level 10. I also went into the caves where I knew there would be barrels etc to open. Deleted him then did same again with another SW. All in Silver. Took just one morning I think but I wasn't in a hurry so maybe I could have done it faster. I chose that route because I knew there would be a good supply of Kobolds most of the way. Took no Quests of course. I read 2 Runes I think, Scything Sweep. Deaths = 0.

Going by the high number of Runes I got I doubt it matters which skill is taken. I could be wrong of course but I have always had the feeling that there is something in the game which gives lots of Runes at low character level. I did not have bargaining.

I find getting runes in this game so much easier than in Sacred 2 where if you used or had too many stashed, your drops would get smaller regarding runes.

I've got a bunch of runes up in Plat now, and can easily send them down to anyone that wants... though, I think the level of the runes, which actually scales in Sacred 2 unlike Sacred, could be a bit of a hindrance?

:P

gogo

Higher level runes aren't a problem if you exchange them, and I believe character level needed to be able to read a plat runes is only 35 (would have to verify that part but I remember something to that effect from beta discussion)

Edited by Knuckles

Ah the surplus of runes would be great guys. :) I'm working on creating a place to store our runes for the clan to share and access so the offers are much appreciated. For now I don't have a place for them but I'll be sure to hunt you down when I do. :)

As for rune levels vs character level I did test that out. And forgot to post about, lol. I've completely forgotten the results of that but I'm "mostly" certain that any level rune can be read by any level character. It's the forging that becomes the issue and limits regarding that can be seen on the wiki Runes page.

Nice test run Gordius. I'll give that a try. :)