Lost Fusion Tree - Weakest tree in game?

Viper007

I have a TG lvld up to 37..... Took Fusion lore and focus to test out the trees damage output. Modded Arch's Beam and Fiery Emblazer for more damage output. +All Skills is around +26.... Here is the kicker.... My weapon damage is around 600-800 per swing. Arch's Beam does around 200-300 damage.... and Fiery Emblazer does even worse...around 50-150. (not per tick.....total damage) ?

What is the point in taking this tree? It seems totally worthless to me.

What level are your CAs, +Skills is handy, but you have to remember that non-weapon CAs NEED to be leveled up to be viable. And those CAs both have durational aspects so their regen times can be higher than they would be on something that's shoot shoot shoot (Glacial Thorns, Fireball, Primal Mutation...)

What level are your CAs, +Skills is handy, but you have to remember that non-weapon CAs NEED to be leveled up to be viable. And those CAs both have durational aspects so their regen times can be higher than they would be on something that's shoot shoot shoot (Glacial Thorns, Fireball, Primal Mutation...)

CA levels are around 10. I can't take them any higher without pushing up the regen time past a decent level. Say I take Arch's beam to max level. The regen time would be so high it wouldn't be worth using. If I can swing my weapon and do more damage what is the point of using it anyway?

TRUE, I've tried to make a lost fusion TG twice and both were epic fail :P archimedes beam is the only CA that can be used without all the goblins or whatever falling to the ground laughing *sob*

Well let's see... I'm assuming that for a 3s duration... decent level would be 4s regen (it takes a moment to start firing afterall).

Now in those 3s it's going to hit ~5-6 times from what I remember seeing. so even assuming 4x you get: 4x 250 = 1,000 damage. Which I'd say is close to akin to 2 weapon attacks (I know it's lower but I'm also counting only 4 hits and not more). Secondly you can hit with the beam if you can see the foe, thus you can get in at least one beam before they reach you (and if you choose to slow them down... even more).

Additionally, any enemies that cross the beam get hit and affected, adding to damage output.

It's a different playstyle and I haven't tested it much, but I do suspect the end result can be drastically powerful.

Edit:

Oh and Jolting touch... the damage might not be great, but it roots the enemy for a time, and you can walk away or perform other attacks while he is being jolted, you don't have to wait for the animation to end, no matter how it might seem on first casting it.

Edited by Zinsho

After first posting I went back in game to do some testing. As Zinsho suggested I raised my CA lvls a bit. This really did help a lot^^ It does seems faster to just run around swinging my weapon but in certain circumstances the beam really does come in handy.

I'm going to play him up to at least 50 to see how much damage I can get by maxing the skills and Combat Arts.

dowsides of beam is that its a very thin damage lineand the long duration of it is actuly a downside as alot of other opponents can come and hit you... but its a decent CA. I cant find any way to make the other lost fusion Combat Arts useful, exept touch when you can get faster reg time and steal hp... my personal opinion... and 2 useable Combat Arts from a whole aspect is..bad

Another update. I got to level 40... Arch's Beam at level 12 is @11.2 second regen time (yikes o.O). It's damage output doesn't even come close to my weapon. In fact....I can kill 3-4 mobs with my sword by the time it takes Arch's Beam to finish firing.... and the beam doesn't even kill 1 mob. WOW

I don't like this tree.

• 2 weeks later...

Something needs to be done with this tree. Unlike Source Warden which is another lackluster tree but at least does gel well with melee Lost Fusion offers very little (if any) synergy with the rest of the Temple Guardian skillset so it needs to be worth it on it's own. Sure you can root stuff with Jolting Touch and do something else (which is probably a bug) but that is just not enough reason to spend the skill slots and points in Lost Fusion Focus.

I don't know whether Ascaron will be willing to do something about it or whether they will hide behind the statement that the Temple Guardian is supposedly a character for "experts" with a support role. (The "expertise here would entail realising that the Lost Fusion tree offers little but pretty lights I guess").

On the other hand they are still doing balance fixes for the game such as completely redoing jewelery mods, so perhaps they can be convinced if they hear arguements voiced frequently and intelligently enough, but right now I think the problem goes a bit under the radar for them given that there are plently of players apparently contended with their supertough Devout Guardians only grumbling occasionally about Combo-related bugs and their inability to target bosses with ranged weapons.

• 2 months later...

Well I was parusing this forum just seeing the thoughts and ideas of what people thought of TGs. I have 2 one for each campaign and for one I love them. The information for melee TGs has been reaffirming to what I figured out would be good from my first TG. This brings me to the point of this post in response to this topic. My Light side TG is a Lost fusion with warden and devout for the buffs only. And I must say that he is a wrecking ball through and through. While this build of mine IS NOT a boss killer, those fights take a long time, you are a great party asset and control the battles pretty well even the bosses. So I guess I'll hit on the archimedes beam first. Mine read runes for it are only at like 14 with a LF focus of around 35 and already it pumps out 1.2k damage. Now this may be lack luster in of itself but when being a support range hybrid its not bad, what makes it shine are the other stats you stack with it. The 2 top things to stack are IMO knock back and death blow. I have a 32% chance for knock back atm and that pretty much means I can go into any fight and be untouched the entire fight. Since the knock back has a chance to proc for every tick of damage, all you do is throw down a fiery/icy and even charged grid if you like for massive knock backs. Since the enemies are being thrown all over they cant do anything and you can just sit back and shoot away. Now with the archemedies beam along with that knock back you and tossing your target all over and they cant get to you, and if they do just jolt touch if its a single target or hit them with a emblazer to send them all away. Heck you could even use your jump jets to move over them or away and do it again. This may seem like a little more effort than just whacking away but it offers more control of a battle IMO. But don't forget that death blow, with my damage of 1.2k im doing roughly around 400-600 per tick of the beam, but when death blow kicks in that damage gets really nasty and that's good for bosses. Now for the other skills, furious emblazer when paired with fiery ember (sloted for increased fire debuff) is an excellent opener for any fight. The damage listed on emblazer from what I've seen while playing is the damage it will do per tick, depending on where the enemies are standing when you do it you can usually get a good 3-4 hits on them with it. Besides setting them on fire with it is always nice and with that knock back stat stacked you will send them well away from you. Amp discharge is also great. Its damage can get nice but what really great about it is the riccochete. Ive slotted mine for 2 riccochete so it usually ends up hitting 7-8 guys or just bouncing back and forth between a few guys. Toss in a poison gem to your battery and those riccochetes will usually poison a few guys and the least it will do is knock back half of them.

I'm sorry that this post is all over the place and not well organized, but I'm at work and don't have access to the specifics and exactly what skills and lvls of them I'm running. But if Interested I can post later if anyone was wanting to know.

I think they pumped the fusion tree up a bit in the latest patch. It might be better now but I haven't tested post 2.40

They gave flamethrower an increase in damage, but that was it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry that this post is all over the place and not well organized, but I'm at work and don't have access to the specifics and exactly what skills and lvls of them I'm running. But if Interested I can post later if anyone was wanting to know.

I'm interested in seeing how you set up your build. I have a LF TG and he seems to do okay, but I haven't taken him past silver strictly because I thought he would be gimped later.

So battery damage doesn't affect our powers, neither does Int or magic staff, right? It's just Damage +% (at least that I've seen/remember)

What about Damage Lore? I'm THINKING it should key nicely with Fiery Ember (Churn) and Furiuos Emblazer (Accelerant+whatever).

It would also open you up to Icy Evanescence (Deep Frost) and Amplifying Discharge (Ice/Ice/Ricochet?)

Would that add a solid extra burn/freeze to those techniques, or is it just not worth it for the trouble?

I'm gonna give it a shot on my new TG. Just figure'd I'd ask, in case anyone had tried it before..

Int will increase the CA damage.

I'm not sure whether Damage Lore affects CAs yet (I'm assuming it will), the mastery is where it's really useful, since it increases the damage & duration of the secondary effect (burning, poison DoT, weaken & slow/freeze).

• 3 weeks later...