~Warning~

Champion Turtles are currently reflecting 100% damage. Be very very careful if you are in an area with these. If you are playing a high damage toon (BFG seraphim) just avoid them.

I just about 2-shot myself. Thank God I had heard from another player that something was fishy with them prior to running into one. I usually hold both LMB &RMB to attack almost everything but decided it was safe to fire 2 shots with my LMB only. Holy Gebus....that was close.

Champion Turtles are currently reflecting 100% damage. Be very very careful if you are in an area with these. If you are playing a high damage toon (BFG seraphim) just avoid them.

I just about 2-shot myself. Thank God I had heard from another player that something was fishy with them prior to running into one. I usually hold both LMB &RMB to attack almost everything but decided it was safe to fire 2 shots with my LMB only. Holy Gebus....that was close.

reflecting ranged damage or all damage? I've killed tons of them post patch but none with a ranged char.....

Found out the hard way, hit em once and died.

Happened several times, had some champion turtles that went down easily and two that died when they touched me,

didn't even hit them. Found the turtle area was a good place to level up, but now with the champions and poison demon, I stay away.

they've been doing this since pre-2.40 aswell. When they had that black spiky shield around em anyways.

But do you mean that they reflect ranged damage even when they are debuffed? O.o

Good lord... the turtles are back!

:D

Actually, one redlined me and took out my mount a few months back.

Learned my lesson since then, and always watch my life meter and they're buffing action every time I'm taking out mobs in the swamp.

Thanks for warning Dirty

:D

gogo

reflecting ranged damage or all damage? I've killed tons of them post patch but none with a ranged char.....

It seems it might just be weapon based Combat Arts. Both of us in game last night were BFG seraphim's using just the normal attack.

Prior to the 2.40 patch they did reflect but it was very minor. Not sure what is exactly causing this massive reflect right now so in the meantime.....be very careful.

Edited by Dirty

Since the player's reflect (Reflective Emanation, Combat Alert/Battle Aura, etc) reflect 100% of damage a % of the time, it seems "reasonable" that the monster's reflect buffs do as well. Unfortunately the player is doing so more damage than they have health (damage increases faster than health).

If there were no risk to our characters the game would be no fun.

Pioneers are the people who died with arrows in their fronts... Risk takers need risk to fully enjoy life... hence hardcore playing in Sacred.

No risk=no fun.

We have to be careful out there!

I understand where frost is coming from, but if it is at an extreme, then that is no fun either.

Another way to say it is: Bring down your damage, to what the monsters do. That's why they don't die from hitting you when you have massive reflect, they don't do crap for damage, or 2x their health damage anyways. So you could down grade your damage, and when they reflect your damage it won't 1 hit kill ya.

Of course, then having spent all that time and energy, into developing a one hit kill combo, or just a very nice damage build that can handle a full game of players, is all a waste.

Maybe with this higher chance to hit from the monsters, they should have added some -% reflected damage, instead of the current items we have, which only slow down how often they can reflect the damage? So instead of having a 30% chance to reflect, it would be -50% damage reflected, or what ever works. Throw a cap on it. Other games I play, have a cap on damage reduction at 50%. So you will always take atleast 50% of the attackers physical damage. It's an idea.

Edited by Giggles

Danger is good but taking 100K+ damage and dying sucks lol.

Enemies with reflect that I know to stay away from so far:

Garganthropod and Grunwald Dragon when they are purple.

Blue Turtle Champs when they have spikes up.

anyone know anymore enemies that can reflect?

It's also a good idea to state what they can reflect. Turtles, for example, only reflect ranged attacks, not melee.

Turtle Champ in desert almost killed my seraphim reflecting 100% damage from Pelting Strikes. Divine Protection lived up to its name.

Holy *bleep bleep and bleep*

Really sorry to hear that Chrona :whistle: Guess I'm staying away from turtles from now on. I can't imagine how long it took you to get that high. If you need anything just let me know

RIP Chrona Lai level 151

onehit by turtlechamp...............

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!! :drinks:

This is becoming a serious problem for HC players. That really sucks Chrona. :whistle:

RIP Chrona Lai level 151

onehit by turtlechamp...............

Sorry to hear it man.

My seraphim is currently retired until this reflect crap gets sorted out.

Wicked level 53 dual staffer dryad.

Went into fabled ancestors chambers to help a poor lost child.

Fought and killed the evil doers, until she met an evil mage.

He had this funny looking buff so she tried remove it, ( Black curse moded for removal of buff ) but got killed by her totem pole.

What a sad way 2 end her life.

That wicked 2.40 reflect buff isnt to be tempered with, so watch yourselves out there. It reflect magic, champ mage ancestors silver free.

Note to self let moribound pet eat them like the champ turtles...and NO use of magic on them, just pick nose and cast GGT

Edited by D-molisher

Have a level 66 seraphim going and those champ turtles hurt me bad.

She is dual wield sword and when I hit them once, my warding energy shield is gone,

mind you that's hitting with pelting strikes. Has been suggested to use only normal attack.

Time for some testing.

I'll let you know how it works out, cause they are a BIG problem.

Haven't died from them yet but close many times.

I like lvling up on Turtle Island, just watch those champs and especially the Poison Demon,

found him very tough.

There is a mod for gloves and armor pieces I have seen it as high as -55% it is called something like "opponent's chance to reflect melee damage". It's a deep gold mod on items; like deep wounds. Is this new? Maybe it's why their damage has been done the way it is.

I ran across two gloves that had it on them last night so I have no idea if it appears on anything else. It looks like a rare mod.

I would guess there was also a mod for chance to reflect spell/ranged damage but I haven't seent his yet...

Edited by siath70
@siath70

for wich Character you found this gloves?

Find nothing for dryade, only throwing stars with this mod

I was on my 46 HE there were gloves for her and I seen a pair for seras. They're very rare (for my level?) I shopped for like 2 hours and only seen two that I can remember. -- I pretty sure I seen it on other armor pieces though I could be wrong.

Edited by siath70