Sacred Open Servers: Can anyone here create a server?

Hey guys was just wondering if anyone here is set up to do this off the bat easily. I know me and Schot can't do it so we keep using our own Lan here at home. It would be way cooler if we could run tests with the gang here in open for builds, pics and online drinking.

Can anyone make a server?

I've only met one and that was Titi, but him, me and Claire went on once after we exported our HC's and it was a blast!

:D

gogo

Im pretty sure I can!

My husband runs a couple game servers here for SFC3, NWN2 and a couple others.. (Not much going on in them right now since WOW has hit his clan.) But he was going to set one up for WpC but no one really wanted it in open and I had no clue how to do it closed, so it went off to the side.. I can run it by him later if you like , Sacred should still be set up on it too :D

Ari, that's splendid thinking! Wow, we could experience HC toons and then play with really huge groups, with no fear of the lag monster!

I can see this having great value when attempting to run large groups for events, specially if the Sacred HC servers can't handle the large numbers of people we're attempting to field these days.

And...hey doing fun runs in open with our friends here in super dangerous areas where we don't feel like risking our HC toons is way more wicked fun than running a Lan with just me and Schot!

:D

gogo

OMG! :o

I accidently got a dedicated game server working in Open. Hahaha! It's so cooool. I've got 6 people on me server! :woot:

Oh I'm feelin so bad. look at me double postin. Mwahaha. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be keeping the Open server I set up on for the rest of the day. So if any of you have time pop on over to the "www.darkmatters.org" Open server and let me know how well it ran for you. Oh and if you could let me know what your ping was on the server that would be gerat too. :] Naturally my ping was 0 because I'm running it.

Oh and Ari. We'd still love to see if you could get one running as well. I'm certainly not an ideal candidate for hosting being that gogo and me are on the same line and gobbling up the bandwidth. :woot:

Looks like it's high time that we get a topic going about everyones connection speeds and computer hardware. :o

I see the server, but when I select it, the Join is disabled. Maybe no game running? I can't start a game - the 35 bites me there.

Heya gial. Just so I understand correctly. When you say "the 35 bites me there" are you saying that you're getting that pop up text saying that you are getting the 35 error? Or are you assuming that since the join button isn't working that you are experiencing a 35 error?

On a related note it happens to me regularly that, (and this is on HC servers), the join button sometimes is greyed out and not working. Whenever this has happened I have had to go back to the character selection screen and try again which always worked. Sometimes requiring a 3rd try even. Very strange and doesn't happen often but maybe this is the case for you. :woot:

P.s.

Changed to Bronze Server