Farmer Schot's Spirit Farming Guide

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without your guide I would have just ran through and killed everything without thinking.( just the kind of evil I am!) but as soon as I saw the ghosts I knew I had something. my dryad is unfortunately a 2 -3 shot (albeit a fast 2-3 shots) killer with very little "chance to find valuables". Although at level 50ish Cash is a hard thing to come by and that cave was a gold mine.

Slightly off topic but farming sets related. the new areas of Ice and Blood are turning into set piece heaven. Furian67 and I have only spent a couple hours each in there and have pulled almost a dozen unique or legendaries. mostly from quest rewards. so if you go there to grind , make sure you do quests they seem to have great rewards.

Just noticed how good this cave was yesterday to farm for jewelries, any idea if they can drop unique relics?

Yep :huh: I just got one of the random ones to drop...are you planning on farming the area for them? Seems like a good idea to me, the spawn with such a high armour value for their level its amazing, you could just keep a set of them around and they would last ages...

Holy crap loco. That's amazing! I just went there and I can't believe there are so many of them. :) Upon entering there were 4 Shaman champs welcoming me with open arms. I think they were actually casting deadly spells with their open arms but still! It's pretty cool. That has to be THE best place for farming them. In fact I think you may have uncovered a new Ghost Cave for Sacred 2. Best part is... In Sacred 2 it actually IS a cave, lol.

Well that settles it then. Gronkor's cave is certainly the most convenient spot for farming Ancestral Spirits. Guess it's time to update this guide. ^^

What would be really cool is if you could run it like the orc cave. in and out and have them respawn instantly Hmmmm? will require some testing

Edited by locolagarto

The Shamans summons so many ghosts that it is no need to run in and out of the cave, if you look at my picture you can see how many those 4 Shamans have summoned, and the summoning rate is incredible as when I had taken down 2 spirits they had already summoned 2-3 more.

Ah kk. I haven't even given this a long go yet but I'm itching to really focus my build on farming them. I think once I have my Shadow Warrior up a bit higher in level I'll be able to defeat them more efficiently.

My damage output with Scything Sweep is great at level 139, but the way I usually goes is to let the shamans summon 10-15 spirits before I starts slaying 'em, and this is what I do until I'm burned out or have gotten a headache of the shaking effects of the hammer :)

Edited by Spunky
  • 1 month later...
I think this just made a Seraphim with Enhanced Perception and Cleansing Brilliance modded for damage against T-Energy a future addition to my stable of characters :)

Are you sure that would work as the Spirits are energy beings?

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me or does it seem like the hero statues don't work on the PS3 version. When I try to L1 it, nothing happens. I see in the video that a ray of light comes down to let you know it's working. Has anyone been able to confirm this?

In fact I think you may have uncovered a new Ghost Cave for Sacred 2. Best part is... In Sacred 2 it actually IS a cave, lol

HA! you're damn right about that, the UW GC is NOT a cave :) ^^

besides, nice place that cave!

(are there other nice caves with dense elemental/ghost/tenergy type foes, for a pure ghosthunter CM seraphim build?)

Hey,

Celestial seras will NOT do more damage to ghosts because they're energy type monster, NOT t-energy.

Simple test, take a voodoo-totem-dryad, use a t-energy head.

Results : totem don't do much damage to ghosts.

;)

A good place for a lot of energy ghosts like orc's summons : constructors area.

A BIG area fully of ghosts in the cursed forest.

Monster type : ONLY ghosts. Lot of jewelries to find. :)

Is it just me or does it seem like the hero statues don't work on the PS3 version. When I try to L1 it, nothing happens. I see in the video that a ray of light comes down to let you know it's working. Has anyone been able to confirm this?

sorry, the hero statues don't work on consoles.

Hey,

Celestial seras will NOT do more damage to ghosts because they're energy type monster, NOT t-energy.

A good place for a lot of energy ghosts like orc's summons : constructors area.

A BIG area fully of ghosts in the cursed forest.

Monster type : ONLY ghosts. Lot of jewelries to find. :)

aww :) somehow I was believing it would still be like in S1-UW, I'm used to the Light-Combat Art always inflicting dmg vs all sorts of undead beeings AND all energy/ghost types:

(skeletons,ghosts,undead,ghouls,mummies,zombies,shaddar-rims,undead nuk-nuks or pirates.. etc..)

wondering, if this change was intended for Sacred 2, or if they 'forgot' to change some monster-type's 'flag'...

anways: I'm not quite familiar with the english names for ig locations, so where's that area you're speaking of ?

(so far I've only been in the swamps with one of my unskilled test-chars in sp/lan.. any area with high-density of foes 'damage-able' by cleansing brilliance would be of interest, (not just for jewellry-farming but also as a basic lvling/experience-ing ground)

Edited by Rotluchs