Nameless Guardians' Hidden Treasure

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiras wall is part of the Kira's Protection set spunky...on of the undroppable sets. Its the only piece that drops normally, I think wraithking had to mod his drop files to get the other set pieces to drop.

And are you guys sure you cant walk over to the items after killing the 'egg'? Because thats exactly what I did yesterday...it disappeared and I was walking on the gap where it used to be...

EDIT: Well...I went and tried it again and it appears that if you stand on the base of the egg...the egg holder...when it disappears you fall into the area with the items enabling you to auto collect them.

Edited by Dragon Brother
Guess this doesn't work on consoles?

Hmmm, if it's possible the mount trick could help with this one... Not sure if it would be worth the trouble though. I imagine getting a mount in there would be kinda tough. I do recall being able to hop onto the ledge once or twice before. It may be close enough to pick up items with Q key/Pickup button.

It doesn't work in campaign? Even if you return after game is finished? That is a little sad but I find my bag is always full at end of that fight so fighting 1 more thing and getting more unique items would just make it difficult. I might have to play a lan game and check it out, once I have enough LL to survive guardians without drinking 50 potions to survive.

I have used Alt trick since... Diablo 2? So hitting it makes sense when game refuses to not pick up every potion or ring/amulet it finds. I have never tried the pick up nothing option, maybe I should, no one needs 300 potions so game should just stop picking them up (should be able to set a limit in options).

It doesn't work in campaign? Even if you return after game is finished? That is a little sad but I find my bag is always full at end of that fight so fighting 1 more thing and getting more unique items would just make it difficult. I might have to play a lan game and check it out, once I have enough LL to survive guardians without drinking 50 potions to survive.

No, I confirm, It don't work in campain.

You need to play in free-play-LAN mode.

:thumbsup:

Hmmm, if it's possible the mount trick could help with this one... Not sure if it would be worth the trouble though. I imagine getting a mount in there would be kinda tough. I do recall being able to hop onto the ledge once or twice before. It may be close enough to pick up items with Q key/Pickup button.

Furian tried the mount trick on consoles. and had trouble getting it to work.

Schot, Gogo, anyone!... mount trick? Link please! Getting a mount underground, if I understand correctly.

Initial testing with my seraphim in free world (Silver difficulty). ON PS3. OFFLINE.

I didn't have any LL ranged weaponry :thumbsup: Just my 2H sword, couldn't hit it (obviously) I did manage to get her onto the ledge you spoke of, but sword wouldn't hit the egg.

Walked back to merchant after slaying the guardians and shopped for a ranged LL (this took the longest part of the test!) Eventually found "life leeched per hit +24" on an energy gun.

WAS NOT ABLE TO TARGET THE EGG. No matter how I lined up my seraphim, the weapon would just fire into the pedestal, or off to the side, or targeted one of the Temple Guardian generators. Played with camera angles for some time, to no avail.

I am guessing this is on-line/LAN only, I have no internetz at home, so I cannot try.

Alas, I am to hard-headed to let this go, though... my friend said that playing his Temple Guardian (on my PS3) he had some of his arm shots "reflect" off the egg (he had no LL at the time) so that is making me think to re-try with my Temple Guardian at some point.

Schot, Gogo, anyone!... mount trick? Link please! Getting a mount underground, if I understand correctly.

Initial testing with my seraphim in free world (Silver difficulty). ON PS3. OFFLINE.

I didn't have any LL ranged weaponry :thumbsup: Just my 2H sword, couldn't hit it (obviously) I did manage to get her onto the ledge you spoke of, but sword wouldn't hit the egg.

Walked back to merchant after slaying the guardians and shopped for a ranged LL (this took the longest part of the test!) Eventually found "life leeched per hit +24" on an energy gun.

WAS NOT ABLE TO TARGET THE EGG. No matter how I lined up my seraphim, the weapon would just fire into the pedestal, or off to the side, or targeted one of the Temple Guardian generators. Played with camera angles for some time, to no avail.

I am guessing this is on-line/LAN only, I have no internetz at home, so I cannot try.

Alas, I am to hard-headed to let this go, though... my friend said that playing his Temple Guardian (on my PS3) he had some of his arm shots "reflect" off the egg (he had no LL at the time) so that is making me think to re-try with my Temple Guardian at some point.

In freeplay only, no Campaign. I use weapon only ranged attack. you don't not need the weapon itself to have LL just that your Character has it. and the more the better. it takes a while. my projectiles do not do any damage, but you see your yellow tracers from the LL coming back from the Egg. LL% is better as it scales with the Eggs HP.

As for the mount trick. hmmm.... it is easier to show than explain. and I don't think it is necessary here as you should be able to use the LB to pick up the loot.

Hardly play these days, but I did log in long enough to destroy the guardians(only 4 health flashes.....um....per guardian) It took me about 3-5 minutes to destroy the machine. No uniques or sets, but some nice yellows at least.

Very cool find.

As far as I can known, Life Leech % doesn't scale with their hit points, it takes a percentage of their total hit points and always same amount regardless of how many hp they have at time. So that is why it beats LL+.

If it does 3k damage 1st time, it always does 3k against that monster until its dead. I think... it could be the max percentage is 3k, and it can be less, Spunky knows better than I do. Its been a while since I have had any LL%.

Nameless guardian's hidden treasure - Video

(And a legendary relic. :))

20d81f-4.jpg

As far as I can known, Life Leech % doesn't scale with their hit points, it takes a percentage of their total hit points and always same amount regardless of how many hp they have at time. So that is why it beats LL+.

It's not the percentage who scale.

It's the life leeched to the ennemi who scale when ennemi's HP is increased (each level). ;)

Edited by Woody

Hmpf; luck find...

Legendary item without stats... :)

Good luck ;)

And, new info :

I think that the egg is a t-energy-type ennemi.

Those with a bit better chances to drop weps/shield (kira, nitao...) set items. ;)

Edited by Woody
Can you see this 'egg' listed when you view 'Last Opponent' in the Skills Window? Just wondering if I need to grab a pic of this too :)

got one in post #28 Knuckles. but if we need a better one?

Hmpf; luck find...

Legendary item without stats... :)

Good luck ;)

And, new info :

I think that the egg is a t-energy-type ennemi.

Those with a bit better chances to drop weps/shield (kira, nitao...) set items. ;)

Have found the same in Niob, a legendary relic without stats.

Can you see this 'egg' listed when you view 'Last Opponent' in the Skills Window? Just wondering if I need to grab a pic of this too :)

got one in post #28 Knuckles. but if we need a better one?

Xfire videos don't show in my Firefox. Is my Firefox different from everyone else's?

I'm also wondering: if you kill the central machine, do you stop the spawn of the Nameless Guardians? Seems to me that the Central Machine creates them.

Nope, as the egg is indestructible in Campaign mode and can only be destroyed in free play/lan mode.

But I can guess that they won't have their Energy Shields if you destroy the egg before taking them on, will need to check this out in my next run.

Edited by Spunky
So are you saying that Guardians come before the egg?

Hmm

You can see the egg and the guardians (transparent) when you enter in the room.

If you kill the egg before the 4 guardians, they will stay transparent (no shield - and you cannot kill them)

I'll try to do a vid.

Vid is done :

http://fr.xfire.com/video/20fed0/

20fed0-4.jpg

You can see here that if there is no egg, there is no guardians.

Edited by Woody