Is the Sacred International Forum offline at the moment ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, someone had to make the choice to redirect to german forum. If so... either there is damage control in play just till a bill is paid...or they are setting up for a big change.

:D

gogo

It not only happened at a weekend but also at begin of easter breaks. So perhaps the one who is allowed to sign the money scheck is in vacances. And then it depends how fast the money is at the registration company. So if FECAL MATTER! happens and even if they pay today, I learned that it can be 4 days for international bank transfer. So if they do it today and 4 days, friday is no working day , monday too because of easter, it could be down till mid next week. And this even if they reacted immediatly.

As of about 10am EST on Monday, dig no longer reports an IP address for the SIF:

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;forum.sacred-game.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:

forum.sacred-game.com. 727 IN A 81.3.59.207

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com. IN A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:

com. 647 IN SOA a.gtld-servers.net. nstld.verisign-grs.com. 1269870369 1800 900 604800 86400

I'm not up on my DNS codes, but SOA is "start of authority." Anyone who knows DNS better than me care to comment on what's up?

The link to the forums in jetcutters link also takes you to German forums now. Nevermind, I found the english link...

I hope the people who get to make Sacred 3 aren't the same who made: Prison Break as it doesn't look promising.

It sux having access for 1 day and have it cruelly taken away again.

Edited by colif

Ah, good catch jetcutter. Looks like they've changed the domain name. Hornet, the new CM, posted a message to us there about the probelm:

Due to some domain issues, the international Sacred forum was (as you already mentioned ) temporarily not available. We had to change the URL and from now on you can find the international Sacred forum under the following URL: forum.sacred2.com

We changed the link in the Deep Silver forum and on the Sacred 2 website as well.

@all Moderators and Webmaster: If you have direct links to the international Sacred forum on your website or in your forum, please change the links, too!

I can connect again:

host forum.sacred2.com

forum.sacred2.com has address 81.3.59.110

host forum.sacred-game.com

forum.sacred-game.com has address 81.3.59.207

www.sacred2.de

Do not click on english, but join the german forum on the right side.

At next page ypou will see a US/UK flag reading: Zum internationalem Forum. Press it.

I think the link when chosing english language on main page is not fixed yet.

Ah good. Everything's back to normal. Well... Except for all those thousands of broken links directing to the SIF using the old domain name, eh heh. Yeesh. I don't want to think to long on that... It's good that the SIF is no longer using the Ascaron domain name but I do hope that Deep Silver will buy the old Ascaron domain so that at the very least they could redirect it to the new domain in order to fix all the old links to the SIF.

For those of you who edited you HOSTS file you can take out the SIF edits now. :D

P.s.

SIF's new url: http://forum.sacred2.com/index.php

That would be good, though with it being closer to the German forums now, we may get feedback that was greatly missed up until now. Or not, I don't know how much attention the German forums got before. I feel there will be a backlash from all those who have been trying to access forums last few days, they may eventually find the right link again.

Oddly, when I deleted the line from my hosts file and went to alter my permissions back to how they were before I made changes, the permissions had already changed... Vista works in mysterious ways.

Edited by colif
Here schot, you grab his paws I'll grab his tail...surely we can make him spit it out

You don't want to do that...

Actually, I've been on the Grim Dawn forums more & I usually spend more time gaming at the weekends (as I can only surf during the day at work, so I do the bulk of my SIFing at work).

It not only happened at a weekend but also at begin of easter breaks. So perhaps the one who is allowed to sign the money scheck is in vacances. And then it depends how fast the money is at the registration company. So if FECAL MATTER! happens and even if they pay today, I learned that it can be 4 days for international bank transfer. So if they do it today and 4 days, friday is no working day , monday too because of easter, it could be down till mid next week. And this even if they reacted immediatly.

You can do a same day transfer, it just costs more, though not having an authorised signatory on the account will definitely stuff things up.

That would be good, though with it being closer to the German forums now, we may get feedback that was greatly missed up until now. Or not, I don't know how much attention the German forums got before. I feel there will be a backlash from all those who have been trying to access forums last few days, they may eventually find the right link again.

I doubt much is going to change regarding how much info we get from DS, given that the main barrier (language) is still there.

Now all the links don't work, server times out using the link to forum.sacred2.com & the link in Jetcutters post. Same with the link from the Deep silver forums.

It's working here too now, damn how unstable it is.

EDIT: doesn't work again, database error.

Looks like I just have to be patient here till they have sorted out this mess.

Edited by Spunky

Actually, I think they might have been updating the links on the front page (of the forum), since those are working correctly now (& they weren't this morning)...

Schot's new links work, but the idiots messed up all the links that link to internal forum posts. The entire FAQ is useless now...

Couldn't you (and by that I mean the admins) write a script (or something) to change the old address to the new address in posts & such? I somehow doubt that Hornet wanted to go through each post by hand updating the address...

I was thinking a bit on this. My initial thoughts were to develope a string replace mysql command but it may be much easier than that. I'll give it a try here to see how doable that is.