Sacred 2's Top 10 Best Unique Weapons Guide

This topic's becoming a great discussion on something so wonderfully fun to debate...what's the best. Course I have a good deal of feedback I want to offer on your choices Dobri but right now I'm just posting that I have reformated your first post, it's now got links to all the weapon pages in SacredWiki, and I've also updated your guide on SacredWiki with links as well:

Sacred 2's Top 10 Best Unique Weapons Guide

Hopefully this sends the readers quickly to the game's beautiful beauties.

:)

gogo

Wonderful, gogo Now people can easily do a check of the weapon and know what they are looking for.

I think that very few other games have such strong support and ever growing database. Who knows, sometimes we may even hit 1st place with the way people are contributing :D

Just noticed this topic, this is right up my alley. Definitely a nice write-up by Dobri.

Regarding the Officer's Saber, you're right that this weapon can take the place of a lot of other weapons because of the rare 3 gold sockets. That fact alone automatically puts it head and shoulders above most other unique weapons. So when I am comparing uniques, I take into special consideration mods that cannot be added onto an Officer's Saber as they are not available on any jewelry (except on some unique jewelry), namely:

Chance to inflict serious open wounds, deep wounds, or deadly wounds

Any % based attribute modifier

+ all Combat Arts

Chance for Double Hit

Regeneration Penalty from Buffs

Combat Art Range

That being said, I think these should also be considered as a "top 10 unique weapon":

Orc Shock - Not so great late game since the +attack speed is not needed so much, but is fantastic early and mid game. Decent base damage, 2 gold sockets, both chance for critical hit and chance for serious open wounds.

Hammer of Heroes - Comes with both strength +% mod (very rare) and chance for deep wounds, along with Regeneration Time -% mod and chance that opponents cannot evade. Comparable to Methedrin's Scepter except the mods are a bit better IMO. Drawback is base damage is a bit low.

Pulsar - Great one-handed ranged weapon, similar to class quest legendaries in that it has both chance for deadly wounds and experience per kill +%, also comes with +attack value% and opponent's armor: physical -%. I prefer this pistol in most cases over Djalek's Annihilator.

I've gotta get my hands on a Kal'Dur's Legacy, sounds like I have about a .0001% chance of ever finding one on PS3 though :D

Edited by rhs408

I tried to keep a balance between the people who play Ice and Blood and the ones who are still on S2FA (PS3, XBOX and PC), but I guess it didn't quite work.

Strength isn't giving much in Ice and Blood. One would be better off with dexterity (provided the weapon supports it), as it gives damage and much more attack value than strength.

Orc Shock - quite honestly, I never liked this axe, even though it has some good modifiers. Serious open wounds is ok, but crits and attack speed can be found on jewelry. Might be good for a while, but sooner or later, you'll need something more substantial if you want to gain levels quickly. I'd rather go for damage, all skills and deathblow than for crit chance, and later on switch to a weapon with life leech to keep me alive.

Hammer of Heroes - the strength bonus is ok for S2FA, but with the changes in Ice and Blood, I'd rather go for vitality (more HP, since constitution + all skills isn't working as well as it did in S2FA) or stamina (since + all skills is now twice as less and is not that reliable source of regen time reduction through boosting the relevant skills anymore) for most of my characters. Actually, only the Pyro HE is all out INT. The enemy's chance to evade is ok, but I can get that on jewelry. Regen time is also ok, I guess, but I can get that on jewelry as well - and don't forget that most players utilize the Regen per Hit now in ice and blood, so the regen time isn't that big of a deal now. An Officer's Saber can make a pretty decent Hammer of Heroes - just add 1 ring/amulet with regen time/enemy's chance to evade and one ring with stacked deathblow. That leaves you with 1 socket - the amount of sockets the Hammer has. I'd pick the Officer's with the same mods and more deathblow any day.

Pulsar - I disagree that Djalek is worse than this one. Djalek has innate bonus to offensive skills and 2 sockets. The XP per kill should be the same, and the extra socket can be used to add an atk value/deathblow or a stacked deathblow ring. I'd select deathblow (or deathblow/atk value) + offensive skills over serious wounds/atk value any day once again. If you're using a gun, you'll surely be going for a lot of offensive skills to augment it (ranged weapons, tactics lore, damage lore, maybe speed lore) and the bonus will boost all of those. I would miss out on it.

The bottom line is that the more options you have to customize your weapon, the better off you'll be. In many cases, having stacked deathblow (all you need to do is shop for it) means much more than open wounds, opponent's armor and so on, as long as you can hit successfully with this weapon.

• 3 months later...

Question regarding Marithas stake - clicked the wiki link - looked b4 and its not under uniques or legendaries ( its got green lettering ... a set item?)

Is it only in Sacred 2 Blood and Ice?

EDIT - also drop rate?

Edited by Augmint
Question regarding Marithas stake - clicked the wiki link - looked b4 and its not under uniques or legendaries ( its got green lettering ... a set item?)

Is it only in Sacred 2 Blood and Ice?

EDIT - also drop rate?

I just looked at that page, and you're right... it has clicked for me that all the set item pages still don't have their own item modifiers and links back to the set they come from.

Guess what I'll be working on for the next week

:D

gogo

Multiclasses-sets Kira's Protection, Bratgrimace's Legacy and Black Death are droppable in Ice&Blood only. :D

Thanks for the quick relpy.

Incentive to get the AddOn then I geuss.

You should note that only 1 piece of each set can drop with the official patches and thus online on closed servers. However, if you choose to purchase the Addon and don't play online you can install the community patch which adds these complete sets along with many other items and quest related fixes and content.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Maritha's Stake -> in german version Martha's Pfahl= Martha's Stake

If you speak the german name it sounds like Marterpfahl which is english for a stake which american indians used to tie people at. Then these people were tortured (gemartert).

748px-Crawford01.jpg

Because of all the Wiinetou movies and books we consumed as kids in germany the totem pole is often mistaken for a Marterphahl.

Picture from an old Karl May book:

ClausBergen_Kakhooto.jpg

and a movie:

w3-19.jpg

Edited by chattius
  • 4 months later...

Beautiful! Chattius, I know you're probably our only German, real life link to this game now here on these forums, As well, I know you have forwarded much info regarding eggs and possible meanings for Uniques... It would be great if, as the wiki can really benefit from this, if you're able to add notes to any of the uniques or Legendaries? I can always follow after and make any kinds or grammatical or formatting corrections. Little things like this all add up, and add that extra little bit of depth to the database that adds to the Sacred's history.

:)

gogo

• 3 months later...

you should consider adding lord waynes playerkiller and sword of blood dryads.. at lev 50 plus id say and even under duel weilding them with some decent stuff socketed into them can be more then powerfull...deadly also I think u should defenitly add impenatrable protector I personally got lucky and got 1 in a trade lev 100 it is very good with the chance to evade I boosted myn to cta- 114% and all skills plus 30 very good shield

The Sword of Blood Dryads is only useful if you play a WIDD-Y build - actually wanting to take damage in order to inflict more in return. It also has only 1 socket, so not much customization there.

As for the Playerkiller - in my opinion this is a very poor sword with a very good name. First, Str +XX is a very bad modifier, as it's not adding much. +% would be better in the long run, and can easily be outweighed by +% Damage rune or ring. Chance to disregard armor is ok, but you can obtain such a socketable - Kuan's Curse ring, for example, is very common and easy to get. +Combat art skills is ok, but you can shop for a + All skills socketable, which outweighs the +Combat Art skills modifier on this sword. If you have the Pacifism skill, the bonus can also be obtained through +all skills and the measly +XX Attack value isn't much. So technically, if you shop for a single +All Skills/+% Damage ring, you just wasted a socket and nullified Str+XX, Pacifism +XX, Combat Art skills +XX and Attack Value +XX (as all skills adds to weapon lore, thus increasing Attack Value) modifiers of this sword.

This is why I didn't include these 2 swords.

• 4 years later...

Just gonna add that Tinworas IMO are probably better than Officers sabres in Fallen angel. Reason is that the -% regen time gold mod is huge at higher levels (much more than what you'll find on jewellery) and with no RPH its hard to get regen times down once you have got points in focus skills and concentration (diminshing returns). Just my opinion.

Also testas annihilater is (like Dobri said) under rated but it is best utilised by the inquisitor. PC buff modded for fire, frenetic fervour for attack value, mortifying pillory for poison damage, callous execution modded for stun. Ruthless mutilation even with 3 shots is great. Running one now with testas and 100% chance to halve regen. In niob, level 110 and doing well. Much better than what I thought only 2 sockets could do.

Also quick note RE khandars slicers. Versatile for all melee characters but seraphim utilises it really well pre niob and platinum. Combine dual weild along with hallowed restoration recuperating mod along with some of her set items ( e.g Celestial blessing) and she can carve up mobs pretty quickly.

Again I know the ratings are not for individual classes, just adding some who can really utilise them.

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1